Pogba

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pogba

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:33 pm

blues2win wrote:The Star saying that we're asking that we get a share of Pogba's image rights if we pay 100 million euros for him. How incredibly unreasonable of us. We're even balking at paying a mere 10 per cent of the fee, namely 10 million euros, to to his agent Mino Raiola.

This is how it works with the best players in the world. Do we want him or not. We can act all high and mighty a la the hazard deal or we can sign the best and win shit. I know which i'd prefer.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:44 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
blues2win wrote:The Star saying that we're asking that we get a share of Pogba's image rights if we pay 100 million euros for him. How incredibly unreasonable of us. We're even balking at paying a mere 10 per cent of the fee, namely 10 million euros, to to his agent Mino Raiola.

This is how it works with the best players in the world. Do we want him or not. We can act all high and mighty a la the hazard deal or we can sign the best and win shit. I know which i'd prefer.

Cheers

Two different ceos & directors of football, but same m.o. Trying to do the best deals, haggling over fees, & agent's fees, trying to sign 'homegrown' players, bizarre coincidence.

Strange eh ? I wonder who sets down these rules ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:13 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

If we are at a stage where we are haggling over image rights then that is superb news. To get this far must mean Pogba has basically agreed to join us, the salary is acceptable and this is the final stage.

We got burned badly by the Hazard transfer and our morals. As a club we are not used to buying the top A listers and I would imagine that to conclude these types of deals, things like image rights and agents cuts are par for the course. We either pay up and lump it or do what we did we Hazard and don't get the man.

I'm with Doomie all the way here. If we walk away because of £10m then we are idiots. It will set the tone, not only for the rest of this window, but the next couple as top players and clubs alike will think we are not 'big time'
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:17 am

nottsblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

If we are at a stage where we are haggling over image rights then that is superb news. To get this far must mean Pogba has basically agreed to join us, the salary is acceptable and this is the final stage.

We got burned badly by the Hazard transfer and our morals. As a club we are not used to buying the top A listers and I would imagine that to conclude these types of deals, things like image rights and agents cuts are par for the course. We either pay up and lump it or do what we did we Hazard and don't get the man.

I'm with Doomie all the way here. If we walk away because of £10m then we are idiots. It will set the tone, not only for the rest of this window, but the next couple as top players and clubs alike will think we are not 'big time'

If we allow one deal to tax us 10 mil, then the other two will think they can do the same.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:29 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

If we allow one deal to tax us 10 mil, then the other two will think they can do the same.

They are doing it, Scousers and Juve have made it pretty clear what they want. Top players top dollar. The sagas played out in the media, I read as not what Khaldoon had in mind. Pay the price and stop arsing about City.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:32 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Then so be it. We have got pots of money from the TV deal and increased commercial activity, not to mention increased match day revenue. If we don't pay up we won't get to the level of Barca or Madrid or Bayern and even Chelsea will be in a better position as all of these clubs wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying if necessary.

We as a club are not in the bracket as the aforementioned clubs and won't get the A listers to sign without paying a little extra. Do we want to break into this group or do we want to be happy with what we have
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:40 am

We should pay the extra and then we can moan about how much we get ripped off for players.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:49 am

I remember when Madrid nearly signed james and bale for a collective 170m and then lost the CL. Oh wait. That didn't happen.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:55 am

You do realise that we are still under ffp right ?

You're not under the impression that we can just spend what we want ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:00 am

Ted Hughes wrote:You do realise that we are still under ffp right ?

Bit late for that Ted, I hope we are not using that line with Juve and the dippers. In for a penny and in for 120 mill.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:05 am

Hazy2 wrote:

Bit late for that Ted, I hope we are not using that line with Juve and the dippers. In for a penny and in for 120 mill.

What the fuck do you mean 'a bit late' ?

It's true, we have to balance the books until it either gets kicked out of court, or we get so much sponsorship money in, that we don't have to worry about it.

We can't possibly be at that stage already this season, so therefore, we have to balance the outgoing money with what we have coming in.

We are also restricted to how much we are allowed to increase the wage bill.

Are you folks who are going on about 'just get it done' taking these facts into consideration in your calculations ?

If so can you enlighten me about our financial situation ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:41 am

There may well be some very hefty wages off the bill already and to come. Milner, Lampard, Dzeko and Jovetic would release a healthy amount wriggle room.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

It's true, we have to balance the books until it either gets kicked out of court, or we get so much sponsorship money in, that we don't have to worry about it.

We can't possibly be at that stage already this season, so therefore, we have to balance the outgoing money with what we have coming in.

Are you folks who are going on about 'just get it done' taking these facts into consideration in your calculations ?

By that logic explain why the pursuit, and statement on our own website from our chairman.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:57 am

I thought the limit on our wage bill had been removed? We're down to limits on losses now aren't we without our being allowed to 'surge invest' like the rest.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:28 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

By that logic explain why the pursuit, and statement on our own website from our chairman.

We have been released from the punishment a year early, because we reached the agreed targets, that is what the chairman was referring to.

So rather than having our spending limited to 50 mil, we can now spend whatever we like BUT STILL UNDER NORMAL FFP, so we have the same ffp restrictions we had, BEFORE the punishment..

We have not been released from ffp, just the extra punishment.

So whatever we spend, we have to balance the books. Explain the persuit ? City are now one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, due to the increased sponsorship & Sky deal etc etc, so like Bayern Munich, Utd, etc, we now have a large transfer budget.

If we sign DeBruyne, Pogba & Sterling, we will almost cetainly be spending more than our profit this season. However, we can spread the cost of those transfers over the length of their contracts, & are selling some players, thus we will not break the ffp rules.

We will not however be able to just 'pay whatever they want' or be willing to spunk extra tens of mils on agents left right and centre, as that will cripple us for future transfer deals. As Khaldoon said ages ago: 'we are not stupid'.

We also have restrictions on the increase to the wage bill under ffp. So that too has to be balanced.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:29 am

blues2win wrote:I thought the limit on our wage bill had been removed? We're down to limits on losses now aren't we without our being allowed to 'surge invest' like the rest.

All clubs are limited to a set percentage of increase on the wage bill per year as far as I know.

edit: that is Premier League ffp rule. It's limit is not actually a percentage, it's £4m plus any increased revenue from new commercial deals.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:I thought the limit on our wage bill had been removed? We're down to limits on losses now aren't we without our being allowed to 'surge invest' like the rest.

All clubs are limited to a set percentage of increase on the wage bill per year as far as I know.

You're boring the shit out of me on this topic. Seriously.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:39 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Cheers

I don't actually care.

And I'm answering a question. And I've edited the answer above to be accurate.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Cheers

I don't actually care.

How very dare you inform yourself of facts to substantiate what you post #boring
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Cheers

I don't actually care.

Do you think khaldoon got his cock and balls out because he wanted us to pussyfoot around the market crying about FFP and negotiating like retards and ensuring we don't land the best talent? Because that's how your argument reads to me. Falling into the trap the media and the established mafioso have baited for us.

Wise up brother.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum