Definition of a glory hunter

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Definition of a glory hunter

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Watching my lads football training. There's a lad called Rio. He is wearing City shirt. I'm speechless. I'm genuinely sorry for the wee feller. You can't pick your parents.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Definition of a glory hunter

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Watching my lads football training. There's a lad called Rio. He is wearing City shirt. I'm speechless. I'm genuinely sorry for the wee feller. You can't pick your parents.

there're dudes in my town who are embarrassingly City fans after spending time 5 or 6 years ago when we first met supporting first Liverpool, then the Rags. Now City. 2 of these fuckers. They don't even know each other. That's the best part. Strangers making the same moron play.

We don't ever talk about the football beyond me asking them, in a curious "fuck i can't remember" kinda way, if they know who City play this weekend when i see them wearing a shirt. They have a 0% success rate in even wagering a fair guess. My fave move tho is Rag "fans" in shirts here in FL. Most couldn't name 4 fuckers on "their" team, and have never been anywhere near a genuine football match let alone Manc. At least the 2 cunts i'm talking about in City shirts are trying in vain to coach their kids U-9 rec teams. More than i can say for typical rag gloryhunters.

Modern times, "brah."

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:32 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Watching my lads football training. There's a lad called Rio. He is wearing City shirt. I'm speechless. I'm genuinely sorry for the wee feller. You can't pick your parents.

How old is the kid. Could be early signs of rebelling.
There's a kid in my young lads class who follows City, even though his Dad is a Rag fan. Supported them from a very early age too. (He's 13 now)
I always regarded him as a very bright lad with a great future ahead of him.

My young fella, was about 7 years old when he decided, after being given out to by me and suffering some punishment that I can't remember, that in protest he would start to follow 'Man Utd.' as it was the only threat he could think of.
I calmly said to him that, that was perfectly al-right. He was free to make up his own mind and could support anyone he wanted.
I then added that he would have to leave home though and I would make up a bag for him and some sandwiches to send him on his way.

He got as far as the garden gate and waited for a while. He then came in and said he had changed his mind.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Does he look like a demented camel? If not, there's hope for him yet.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:41 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

There's a kid in my young lads class who follows City, even though his Dad is a Rag fan. Supported them from a very early age too. (He's 13 now)

My young fella, was about 7 years old when he decided, after being given out to by me and suffering some punishment that I can't remember, that in protest he would start to follow 'Man Utd.' as it was the only threat he could think of.
I calmly said to him that, that was perfectly al-right. He was free to make up his own mind and could support anyone he wanted.
I then added that he would have to leave home though and I would make up a bag for him and some sandwiches to send him on his way.

He got as far as the garden gate and waited for a while. He then came in and said he had changed his mind.

An old mate of mine's lad decided to become a rag having been a blue till he was about 7. His dad said fine and stuck him out in the garden (in the pouring rain) and told him he could go back into the house when he was once again a blue. He's currently a City season-card holder in the South Stand Level 3. These things have to be done....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

An old mate of mine's lad decided to become a rag having been a blue till he was about 7. His dad said fine and stuck him out in the garden (in the pouring rain) and told him he could go back into the house when he was once again a blue. He's currently a City season-card holder in the South Stand Level 3. These things have to be done....

Absolutely. How else do they learn right from wrong!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Only time i remember my dad ever hitting me, I must have been about 6 or 7 years old and the coolest kid in the neighbourhood was a Munich. I went home whilst my dad was cooking Sunday dinner and told him I wanted a United shirt.

He pasted me

We never had to have that discussion again
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Scatman » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:59 pm

Indeed, why can he not just support a team near his house? (I am assuming they are from neither Stretford or Manchester)
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Bluedj » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:43 pm

I got a bag on with my old fella when i was a lad, I said I wasn't going to support City any more, after a lot of deliberation and deep thought, I just couldn't bring myself to follow the rags, even at seven, so I went for Derby County as Franny Lee had just moved there. Anyway after a couple of weeks, I couldn't help asking what the City results where, my dad just said, "Ah, can't help it eh? it's in your blood" I just nodded and then got a cuddle

Even back then as a youngster, I new right from wrong.......One thing's for sure, I could never be a rag!!!
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:24 pm

I bought my boy up from birth with the knowledge that red is bad and blue is good. This was before he knew how to talk. His first ever word was city, I remember posting on the old forum about it 5-6 years back.

Very proud moment.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Oli » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:33 pm

So my boy was given three options, our local club - southend United, our local premiership club that's his mum and family support - West Ham united or gods own of course City - little fukler currently hase a fully city kitted out bedroom - wise move boy, wise move.

To top it off I have even heard him telling his mates he supports city as his dad and family are from manchester and he had no option - only city are from manchester.

Glory hunter ? Yup he is in my eyes
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Scatman wrote:

Indeed, why can he not just support a team near his house? (I am assuming they are from neither Stretford or Manchester)

8/10

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wooders » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Perhaps his old man put both bollocks worth up his mum in rio dejeniro like, presumably, Ferdinands did ?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby dazby » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:38 pm

I'd love to know where the cockles actually are but the cockles of my heart have been warmed after reading this thread.

I wanted to quote about five posts to say great story.

My daughter tries to rib me by saying she's changing teams, but then will ask me for a new City shirt. As soon as the Nike boycott ends my dear, I tell her. :-)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby patrickblue » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:39 pm

I am. I started on March 27th, 1968
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:31 am

Taking a few others to see city in gold coat now after I just scored tickets early. Boom!

Taking my wife and kid as well as two boys I used to coach all die hard city fans these days!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby branny » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:12 am

My Dad is more interested in Rugby league so had no influence on my choice.

My Gran on my Dad's side i saw very little of. One year she turns up at Easter with one of those chocolate eggs in a football mug. Unfortunately it wasn't the City badge emblazoned on it so no sooner was she out the front door than my Dad very carelessly dropped it as he passed it to me. Luckily he had taken the egg out first.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:35 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:Only time i remember my dad ever hitting me, I must have been about 6 or 7 years old and the coolest kid in the neighbourhood was a Munich. I went home whilst my dad was cooking Sunday dinner and told him I wanted a United shirt.

He pasted me

We never had to have that discussion again

Same for me. When I was 4/5 Uncle George over the road, a Carlisle fan, to wind my Dad up told me all about Law, Best and Charlton and winning in Europe etc etc. So I go home and tell my Dad "I'm not going to support City, I'm going to be a nited fan". I took a pasting of a lifetime. But it showed me the error of my ways and I deserved it.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:43 am

My rag brother boght my son now 18 a scum shirt pretty much each year until he was 7/8.
When the Mong gave up As Jack was a blue now despite Stuart Pearce's best attempts to scramble his mind. I diary noted. When said Mong was 50 I bought him a cheap of the market in Spain City shirt, Wannabee printed on the back, I presented it to him in front of the whole family and his rag mates, fucker was close to tears with rage. Older brother speechless. He threw it at me and well made a rag of himself. I have had it framed for his 60th.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:49 am

Hazy2 wrote:My rag brother boght my son now 18 a scum shirt pretty much each year until he was 7/8.
When the Mong gave up As Jack was a blue now despite Stuart Pearce's best attempts to scramble his mind. I diary noted. When said Mong was 50 I bought him a cheap of the market in Spain City shirt, Wannabee printed on the back, I presented it to him in front of the whole family and his rag mates, fucker was close to tears with rage. Older brother speechless. He threw it at me and well made a rag of himself. I have had it framed for his 60th.

Good present. I'm quite excited to hear how he takes it. Is it soon?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum