The Kompany You Keep.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Kompany You Keep.

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:41 pm

I know it's the Daily Fail and you mightn't want to click the link, but...
It seems our Vinny is really upset at letting the team down, the fans down, himself down and above all else, letting Carl down last season.
It looks like he is already back to some serious training. Really hope he gets his head together this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: The Kompany You Keep.

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:50 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I know it's the Daily Fail and you mightn't want to click the link, but...
It seems our Vinny is really upset at letting the team down, the fans down, himself down and above all else, letting Carl down last season.
It looks like he is already back to some serious training. Really hope he gets his head together this season.

Not bothering to read it, but I was going to post that for the 4-5 days my phone keeps on getting social media feeds from vinnies sites, with pictures of him doing some sort of training with little sound bites about hard he's working hard to put things right. Certainly better than having your pic taken with $0.50 matey, whilst on your hols.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:24 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I know it's the Daily Fail and you mightn't want to click the link, but...

Not bothering to read it, but I was going to post that for the 4-5 days my phone keeps on getting social media feeds from vinnies sites, with pictures of him doing some sort of training with little sound bites about hard he's working hard to put things right. Certainly better than having your pic taken with $0.50 matey, whilst on your hols.

Hart was on international duty thought, so will have been later going on holiday and they're all entitled to a break, whether with their wife, girlfriend or 30p. It's like complaining about Aguero being on a beach in a few week's time.

Hopefully Vince will play a good game next season, rather than just talking one
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:20 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Hart was on international duty thought, so will have been later going on holiday and they're all entitled to a break, whether with their wife, girlfriend or 30p. It's like complaining about Aguero being on a beach in a few week's time.

Absolutely, I wasn't having a pop at ANY of our players, they certainly all deserve theirs holidays, my main point is that it is good to see Vinnie taking it upon himself to get and stay fit.

The Hart thing was more a cheeky pop at the company he keeps, he's been holidaying in Vegas the last couple of years, iirc with other premier players including Wooney.

I have to say, personally I don't get the Vegas thing, I've been for 3 days and to me that's more than enough.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:37 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Absolutely, I wasn't having a pop at ANY of our players, they certainly all deserve theirs holidays, my main point is that it is good to see Vinnie taking it upon himself to get and stay fit.

The Hart thing was more a cheeky pop at the company he keeps, he's been holidaying in Vegas the last couple of years, iirc with other premier players including Wooney.

I have to say, personally I don't get the Vegas thing, I've been for 3 days and to me that's more than enough.

Quick on the uptake by the daily mail there, a good week or so after Kompany revealed the information himself.

As for joe going to America on holiday, I fear travelling to a country where a visa is needed is all a bit complicated for poor Joe as he nearly didn't make it last time. The press never got hold of the story fortunately for him, but he didn't think to get a visa for his summer holidays and was refused entry to the plane at Heathrow after thinking he already had a visa because he had been with city a few weeks earlier.

Clearly the concept of business and holiday visas being two very different things obviously eludes him, as I'm sure such complex matters routinely evade footballers.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:52 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Quick on the uptake by the daily mail there, a good week or so after Kompany revealed the information himself.

As for joe going to America on holiday, I fear travelling to a country where a visa is needed is all a bit complicated for poor Joe as he nearly didn't make it last time. The press never got hold of the story fortunately for him, but he didn't think to get a visa for his summer holidays and was refused entry to the plane at Heathrow after thinking he already had a visa because he had been with city a few weeks earlier.

Clearly the concept of business and holiday visas being two very different things obviously eludes him, as I'm sure such complex matters routinely evade footballers.

A visa for USA is done online ,,,its an esta visa..piss easy to do online and it lasts 2 years for multiple entry so fuck knows how his second trip was not allowed ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:17 am

I'm not reading that but generally Kompany is already a City legend for me and best cwnterback I have personally seen for us. One down doesn't change anything. No need to apologize.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:17 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

A visa for USA is done online ,,,its an esta visa..piss easy to do online and it lasts 2 years for multiple entry so fuck knows how his second trip was not allowed ?

Well you'd have been fucked too then wouldn't you?

Whilst I don't know the ins and outs of the visa system, a cursory google reveals that there's a difference between a business visit visa which is generally issued with a tourist visa as you state, and a working visa which is needed specifically for "Participating as a professional in entertainment or sporting events".

http://www.workpermit.com/us/employer_b1_b2.htm

As far as I know, after being refused boarding, the tourist visa was sorted for him by the club and he got on a flight a day or two later.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:18 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm not reading that but generally Kompany is already a City legend for me and best cwnterback I have personally seen for us. One down doesn't change anything. No need to apologize.

He seems to be making a point of showing he is up for it and taking preparation for the season to come seriously. I reckon he knows the criticism he has received from last season and is out to rectify things.
I always thought last year was more about his head than anything else, but maybe fitness issues could have been on his mind too. I really hope he gets himself sorted, as I agree that he is already a legend. Captaining us to a third premiership in style, would cement his place in City and Premiership history.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:59 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm not reading that but generally Kompany is already a City legend for me and best cwnterback I have personally seen for us. One down doesn't change anything. No need to apologize.

I agree 1000000% and i personally hope he finishes his career at City.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby bigblue » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:13 pm

Great to see him going at it. If he can get back to his best it'll be like a new signing, or something like that

Looks like Stefan is back to the shirtless boat picks with all dudes...

...in other City social media news Hart is pictured with 50 Cent and Sagna shaved his head
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:54 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

He seems to be making a point of showing he is up for it and taking preparation for the season to come seriously. I reckon he knows the criticism he has received from last season and is out to rectify things.
I always thought last year was more about his head than anything else, but maybe fitness issues could have been on his mind too. I really hope he gets himself sorted, as I agree that he is already a legend. Captaining us to a third premiership in style, would cement his place in City and Premiership history.

He knows full well that Denayer will sideline him to the bench if he has anymore shite performances..........thats why hes fuckign training now.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Well you'd have been fucked too then wouldn't you?

Whilst I don't know the ins and outs of the visa system, a cursory google reveals that there's a difference between a business visit visa which is generally issued with a tourist visa as you state, and a working visa which is needed specifically for "Participating as a professional in entertainment or sporting events".

http://www.workpermit.com/us/employer_b1_b2.htm

As far as I know, after being refused boarding, the tourist visa was sorted for him by the club and he got on a flight a day or two later.

Seeing as the clubs lackys do all this visa stuff Id point the blame at them rather than Hart.
Should never have happened.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:01 pm

He fuckign should have apologized as he was shit.....cost us the prem due to his direct fuckups that lead to goals and lost games and points.

Its a fact.

I remember him saying somthing along the lines that he doesnt listen to anyone critisizing him as "when we lose its the teams fault" (as close as words to that effect) when the reality is it was his fuckign fault we lost so many games and points.

Hes out there trainiing because hes on his last warning for fuckups and with Denayer currently being a better player , Kompany knows he needs to sort his shit out otherwise hes gone next year.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He fuckign should have apologized as he was shit.....cost us the prem due to his direct fuckups that lead to goals and lost games and points.

Its a fact.

I remember him saying somthing along the lines that he doesnt listen to anyone critisizing him as "when we lose its the teams fault" (as close as words to that effect) when the reality is it was his fuckign fault we lost so many games and points.

Hes out there trainiing because hes on his last warning for fuckups and with Denayer currently being a better player , Kompany knows he needs to sort his shit out otherwise hes gone next year.

Carl, without going over last years arguments, assuming your summation above is correct. Is this not a positive reaction and what you would hope a player who intends to be a serious part of our team for the future, would do. Words are cheap and the proof of the pudding will be him playing like we know he can. Fighting to keep his place in the team and his place in history. Having serious competition in every position in the team is key to them all performing and that includes Yaya, Silva, Aguero...the whole lot of them.
Like I said, talk is cheap, but he is looking in serious shape and I'm encouraged by his reaction. Nasri has talked the talk too, but I don't see reports of him back in training. The guy is going the extra mile to get back to form. I am really hoping for him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:53 pm

I wonder if he's stayed back in case Nasri's wife fancies a booty call
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Mase wrote:I wonder if he's stayed back in case Nasri's wife fancies a booty call

Or his own family went on hols without him.
Who cares, he's getting fit.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby MilnersJaw » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:39 pm

I have faith Vincent will be back to his best this season. I hope him and zabba don't get burnt out turning 30
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:40 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Its a fact.

Carl, without going over last years arguments, assuming your summation above is correct. Is this not a positive reaction and what you would hope a player who intends to be a serious part of our team for the future, would do. Words are cheap and the proof of the pudding will be him playing like we know he can. Fighting to keep his place in the team and his place in history. Having serious competition in every position in the team is key to them all performing and that includes Yaya, Silva, Aguero...the whole lot of them.
Like I said, talk is cheap, but he is looking in serious shape and I'm encouraged by his reaction. Nasri has talked the talk too, but I don't see reports of him back in training. The guy is going the extra mile to get back to form. I am really hoping for him.

My response was for NQDP who sees no fuckign wrong with him when every pundit and mosts fans out there does see wrong in him.

Of course its positive that hes out there training ,but given the season hes had, is anyone surprised.???

What irks me is that Kompany carries on talking and talking amd fuckign talking the game, just like the Lesbian , and then produces fuckall.

Lets see how he gets on now he has direct competition.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:52 pm

Is he too big? Has he added too much muscle to his play? I can't help but feel he bulked up even more during the summer when he proably should have worked towards losing a bit of muscle mass. Do yoga and you're all set Komps.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum