Martin Samuelsen

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Martin Samuelsen

Postby walmai » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:32 am

News is that we've this weekend signed the above, on a 2 (+2) year deal.

Given that he's been in your youngers set up for a while, I wondering if anyone had any info on him - even whether he's left or right footed, etc

I hadn't even heard the name, until he cropped up on our club's offical website.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Re: Martin Samuelsen

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:43 am

He was very highly rated at one time, but has hardly ever featured in games I've seen.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:46 am

Incredibly off-topic, but are you hoping for anyone in particular in next week's Europa draw? You're the team Olimpic fans are praying to draw here, and I think it'll be the same around most of the smaller clubs/associations in Europe.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby twosips » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:52 am

I saw him two/three times last year for the u18s and he was kinda bang average if i'm being honest... he played attacking midfield but wasn't particularly fast or skilful from what I saw. Bit Cleverley like. Though I only saw him a handful of times as I said.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby walmai » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:52 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Incredibly off-topic, but are you hoping for anyone in particular in next week's Europa draw? You're the team Olimpic fans are praying to draw here, and I think it'll be the same around most of the smaller clubs/associations in Europe.

On a personal level, which is basically that its inevitable that I wouldn't have the time from work to actually go abroad to see us, I am largely indifferent to the identity of the team we get in the very first round.

However, one thing I've always wanted to do is to watch WHU play club football in Scotland. There's an outside chance of a game against Aberdeen. Would love a trip to Pittodrie.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:14 pm

walmai wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Incredibly off-topic, but are you hoping for anyone in particular in next week's Europa draw? You're the team Olimpic fans are praying to draw here, and I think it'll be the same around most of the smaller clubs/associations in Europe.

On a personal level, which is basically that its inevitable that I wouldn't have the time from work to actually go abroad to see us, I am largely indifferent to the identity of the team we get in the very first round.

However, one thing I've always wanted to do is to watch WHU play club football in Scotland. There's an outside chance of a game against Aberdeen. Would love a trip to Pittodrie.

Both Aberdeen and St. Johnstone are both seeded, unfortunately for you. You've got Newtown and Airbus Broughton in Wales in the unseeded part of the draw, though, which are manageable by car...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby walmai » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:59 pm

Sure - I was meaning a later (qualifying) round for Aberdeen, but you're right to be cautious...we're notorious for getting turned over by Nowhere FC on our travels!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:51 pm

So basically he's dog shit. He'll fit right in at West Ham and then probably end up at Lazio
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:00 am

twosips wrote:I saw him two/three times last year for the u18s and he was kinda bang average if i'm being honest... he played attacking midfield but wasn't particularly fast or skilful from what I saw. Bit Cleverley like. Though I only saw him a handful of times as I said.

Same from me except for the Cleverley bit as at least Celeverley was a hard worker who ran about a lot. He does have a bit of talent as a sort of inside right but just not enough to really influence games.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:27 am

will he do a Trippier
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:56 am

Hazy2 wrote:will he do a Trippier

No, but Guidetti might.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum