So who's actually going then ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

So who's actually going then ?

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:57 am

Nasri has just done this piece saying how much he's looking forward to next season, Yaya has said he's going nowhere, Dzeko's agent has just said, again, that he is happy at City & going nowhere. Demi got another year didn't he ?

We are strongly linked with Pogba, DeBruyne & Sterling, so who makes way for the two non homegrown players ?

Presumably Jovetic &...

Khaldoon hinted that several players 'who have given us good service' would be leaving.

Who ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: So who's actually going then ?

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:25 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Nasri has just done this piece saying how much he's looking forward to next season, Yaya has said he's going nowhere, Dzeko's agent has just said, again, that he is happy at City & going nowhere. Demi got another year didn't he ?

We are strongly linked with Pogba, DeBruyne & Sterling, so who makes way for the two non homegrown players ?

Presumably Jovetic &...

Khaldoon hinted that several players 'who have given us good service' would be leaving.

Who ?

Just thinking the same. AK has a new deal, Nasri new deal both fit the bill, Dzeko new deal again linked to leaving. Who is doing our transfer biz needs to be asked some very serious question IMHO. Mostly all the British have left, Milner strung us along all season and walked. Sterling deal is not clinical and done as advised. Getting the 4/5 best player in that position is not gonna do it. That part of City needs improving. Agents dictate the deal are we on it. I wonder.
Liverpool and the player is broken, simple deal for both parties you would think. The flip side is no massive deals have been done yet. Should not stop us getting that wheel turning.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:45 am

jovetic is a deffo for me, i would like sagna to go, hes old on top money and would like to see the eds coming through, edin albeit scored important goals just doesnt do enough so he would be off too.
Nasri, fernando for me wouldnt be sorry to see them go either.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:59 am

On the strength of last season, there's a whole bunch of players who you could make a case for getting rid of.

But I mean, who is actually going, as opposed to who would each of us prefer to dump.

If I posted this thread at the end of last season, the general idea would be: well Yaya's deffo going, Nasri too, Jovetic, Dzeko didn't even clap the fans & walked around the pitch looking pissed off, etc etc.

But apart from Jovetic, all of those recon they are staying!

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:25 am

I think those certain to stay from the perspective of us being unwilling to sell are:

Hart
Willy
Wright

Zabba

Kompany
Mangala
Demi

Clichy

Silva
Toure
Fernandinho

Aguero
Bony

Sagna and Navas I think will stay because I can't see anyone trying to take them off our hands

Dzeko, Fernando, Nasri and Aleks I think we would be willing to sell if anyone came in with a decent offer or if they could be used as makeweights for deals we are trying to do.

Jovetic is just gone full stop

For what it's worth (but I'm sure most also echo the thoughts) Rekik, Guidetti or Zuculini being seen anywhere near a City shirt again either
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:40 am

Navas imo is a real asset, but now you mention him, I'm thinking if we get DeBruyne & Sterling, he is 3rd choice.
I think most clubs in Spain would want him tbh, so he might actually be the first one out of the door after Jovetic, IF we sign those two players. Also considering Lopes, Barker, Patrick Roberts could play Navas' position if needed.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:55 am

To be honest I would take all these comments with a giant pinch of salt. Personally I think we'll listen to offers for Dzeko. I can't see him happy in third place in the pecking order behind Aguero and Bony. If De Bruyne comes in will Nasri stay? Kolarov may go if we get in Kurzawa.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:09 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Navas imo is a real asset, but now you mention him, I'm thinking if we get DeBruyne & Sterling, he is 3rd choice.
I think most clubs in Spain would want him tbh, so he might actually be the first one out of the door after Jovetic, IF we sign those two players. Also considering Lopes, Barker, Patrick Roberts could play Navas' position if needed.

Did we actually sign him or was it just rumours?

And I think you're right. IF we sign those players
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:11 am

Are these players not just talking their commitment up to make it clear to the club that they aren't going willingly?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:11 am

dick dastardley wrote:jovetic is a deffo for me, i would like sagna to go, hes old on top money and would like to see the eds coming through, edin albeit scored important goals just doesnt do enough so he would be off too.
Nasri, fernando for me wouldnt be sorry to see them go either.

I don't know what to think of Nasri, when he's on his game he's one of the best players we have, unfortunately he's not on his game anywhere near enough, I would be sorry to see him go because I think there's more in the tank.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby blues2win » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:32 am

The Club seem to briefing that Roberts will be loaned but it sounds like they want the right Premiership Club if they can. Fulham want more than 5 million and it looks like we're up for paying it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:44 am

Aguero should go... according to this absolute cunt.
You can feel the bitterness and jealousy.

http://news.bwin.com/en/football-bettin ... 78131.html
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:47 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Navas imo is a real asset, but now you mention him, I'm thinking if we get DeBruyne & Sterling, he is 3rd choice.

Did we actually sign him or was it just rumours?

And I think you're right. IF we sign those players

Not seen any confirmation but everyone & his dog seems to be reporting it will happen.

Of course City don't have to report any deals until they feel like it & may barely mention Roberts if he's been signed for the EDS. They never told us when Kelechi got his work permit.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:48 am

Original Dub wrote:Aguero should go... according to this absolute cunt.

Typical media twat. Good news for City equals bad news for them.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:27 pm

Dzeko should go while we would still get a few quid for him jovetic too but then we need another striker so I don't think both will go this Window. We're not really linked with strikers at the moment.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby phips » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:59 pm

jovetic and AK are my guess.

can't see Pogba leaving Juve and i doubt we get KDB so it could just be Sterling and Patrick Roberts.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:19 pm

phips wrote:jovetic and AK are my guess.

can't see Pogba leaving Juve and i doubt we get KDB so it could just be Sterling and Patrick Roberts.

You fucking wish, you desperate cunt.

So you have doubts over my club's ability? You should be more concerned with your own club and their relegation battle last season.

Your manager left you because you're a sinking ship.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:Are these players not just talking their commitment up to make it clear to the club that they aren't going willingly?

Yep, these are 'I'm claiming my loyalty bonus' interviews. Jovetic and Edin will be going, I reckon.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:41 pm

Dzeko's agent only said that there has been no offers for him, so he'll be here next season. If City were to accept an offer, I'm sure their stance would change. If his agent was coming out saying he wants to go, we'd all be kicking off.

So for me, Jovetic going and then Dzeko and Nasri maybe if the right offers come in. If KDB and Sterling join, then either Nasri, Navas or both need to go.

If Pogba (looking more unlikely) or Song come in, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fernando go, as he looked as out off the pace as Garcia for much of the season, despite a few great performances.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Aguero should go... according to this absolute cunt.

Typical media twat. Good news for City equals bad news for them.

Havent clinked on the link. I darent. I need a clear head before i mow the lawn. Might go through the cable if im angry. Mind you if i imagine its a journalists head i might be ok with it
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum