So who's actually going then ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: So who's actually going then ?

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:19 am

Ted Hughes wrote:So where are we up to ?

Current Champions League Squad:

UEFA A LIST, 17 'free places'. 1 Willy 2 Zaba 3 Sagna 4 Kolarov 5 Fernando 6 Fernandinho 7 Yaya 8 Nasri 9 Silva 10 Navas 11 Aguero 12 Bony 13 Dzeko 14 Jovetic 15 Kompany 16 Demichelis 17 Mangala

Homegrown: Hart, Clichy ,(Wright? But surely not ?) two empty homegrown spaces, unles we stupidly pick Wright, 4 empty club trained spaces which will remain empty as nobody qualifies.

Total, 19 (20 with Wright) places used out of a possible 25

UEFA B LIST: Denayer, Lopes & all the academy kids but not including Iheanacho or Unsal who don't yet qualify as 'homegrown' for UEFA purposes & could only be included as part of the 17.

Proposed incoming: Sterling (takes empty homegrown spot) DeBruyne (almost certainly takes Jovetic's spot)

Pogba. Takes which spot ?

If that's the sum total of our business this summer, it still looks like Navas favourite out the door to me rather than Edin or Nasri.

I would add: Khaloon mentioned 'players' leaving, as if a few long termers would go but other than that, we wouldn't actually need to lose Edin or Nasri.

What a fucking squad.

I think navas is definitely the most dispensable, im surprised he hasnt been linked with a move away either. not sure we would get much for him but you never know.

I would keep edin absolutely. If we sign as our targets we dont need a 6th wide man in navas as we will have nasri, silva, sterling, KDB and Pogba as an option to play wide, and then the youngsters coming through, I just dont see where Navas plays.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:50 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:So where are we up to ?

Current Champions League Squad:

UEFA A LIST, 17 'free places'. 1 Willy 2 Zaba 3 Sagna 4 Kolarov 5 Fernando 6 Fernandinho 7 Yaya 8 Nasri 9 Silva 10 Navas 11 Aguero 12 Bony 13 Dzeko 14 Jovetic 15 Kompany 16 Demichelis 17 Mangala

Homegrown: Hart, Clichy ,(Wright? But surely not ?) two empty homegrown spaces, unles we stupidly pick Wright, 4 empty club trained spaces which will remain empty as nobody qualifies.

Total, 19 (20 with Wright) places used out of a possible 25

UEFA B LIST: Denayer, Lopes & all the academy kids but not including Iheanacho or Unsal who don't yet qualify as 'homegrown' for UEFA purposes & could only be included as part of the 17.

Proposed incoming: Sterling (takes empty homegrown spot) DeBruyne (almost certainly takes Jovetic's spot)

Pogba. Takes which spot ?

If that's the sum total of our business this summer, it still looks like Navas favourite out the door to me rather than Edin or Nasri.

I would add: Khaloon mentioned 'players' leaving, as if a few long termers would go but other than that, we wouldn't actually need to lose Edin or Nasri.

What a fucking squad.

I think navas is definitely the most dispensable, im surprised he hasnt been linked with a move away either. not sure we would get much for him but you never know.

I would keep edin absolutely. If we sign as our targets we dont need a 6th wide man in navas as we will have nasri, silva, sterling, KDB and Pogba as an option to play wide, and then the youngsters coming through, I just dont see where Navas plays.

Navas wont leave Manchester, he gets homesick ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:10 pm

Kdb isn't coming allegedly.

I wouldn't think of Nasri, silva or pig and as anything close to "wide men." I know it's in vogue to act like a genuine winger isn't cool but we need more pace on the flanks and it won't be coming from gramps Pablo or uncle cliché either.

We need some fast cunts who can also play our kind of football.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Kdb isn't coming allegedly.

I wouldn't think of Nasri, silva or pig and as anything close to "wide men." I know it's in vogue to act like a genuine winger isn't cool but we need more pace on the flanks and it won't be coming from gramps Pablo or uncle cliché either.

Cheers

I'll be surprised if we don't get DeBruyne & more surprised if we don't get Sterling.

But if we got neither, as I've said before, I'd hapilly take a season of academy players coming through. I'd probably prefer it tbh, but I think we will spend a fucking fortune.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Kdb isn't coming allegedly.

Cheers

I'll be surprised if we don't get DeBruyne & more surprised if we don't get Sterling.

But if we got neither, as I've said before, I'd hapilly take a season of academy players coming through. I'd probably prefer it tbh, but I think we will spend a fucking fortune.

look, hindsight is asshole vision....if we just use some of Ambrose/Barker/Lopes/Cole/Nacho instead of buying said players above and we fucking struggle for Top 4 let alone challenge for any trophies then i'd say we'll be kicking ourselves for not making some buys. However, if a couple of those kids step up and show themselves to be something truly special and maybe great and not just "very good"...well then, we would all live with that if we see the "holistic progress." When was the last time that happened tho for a top top club? Barca mid-2000s? I dunno. I'm asking.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:53 pm

I don't know.

But we're talking bollocks anyway because we won't do it, but it's not actually a situation where the kids would have to pull the team through, that would still be the job of Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Kompany etc etc. These are some of the best players in the world & the squad is one of the best even if we sign nobody.

But the best of the kids would, imo, be the thing that gave us the new toy & got some of us out of our seats in excitement when they skinned a player or put a shot in.

City imo are suffering more from staleness, & a lack of balance, rather than a desperate need for Pogba etc. But of course a short cut to solving that, is these kind of big signings.

I think though that if we were forced into a position where we had to use kids to 'freshen up' the squad & had a manager who would trust them, I think we would be seriously competitive; better than last season.

But we'll spend a fortune anyway & this conversation will just be theoretical.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:06 pm

Rekik sold to Marseille according to twitter .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:09 pm

Good for him!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:31 pm

Five million euros according to the Dutch media. What's that like three million quid?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 pm

mr_nool wrote:Five million euros according to the Dutch media. What's that like three million quid?

No hang on..3.4, oh wait...3.3...

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dunnylad » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Five million euros according to the Dutch media. What's that like three million quid?

That made me laugh so much I read it out to the Mrs who also laughed

Chapeau!
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Chapeau!

The joke's on me, because I've got a load of them I haven't changed yet, & will mostly be getting paid in the fuckers for the next few months.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Chapeau!

The joke's on me, because I've got a load of them I haven't changed yet, & will mostly be getting paid in the fuckers for the next few months.

And on the British export. I avoid vendors who charge in pounds like the plague the last half year.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 am

Ngredo makes move to Valencia Permanent & Guidetti apparently released on a free after his contract expired (ESPN)

Adam Dury 21, having trials at Leeds?

Real shame about Ngredo, really thought after his start we had someone special there who played well with Kun.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby dazby » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Jojo will be the only "big" player to go from here on.

That's my call.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:06 pm

dazby wrote:Jojo will be the only "big" player to go from here on.

That's my call.

What do you mean by "big"?

We do need to free up places in our 17 'foreign spots' to bring others in.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:08 pm

I would be amazed if Edin or Jovetic stayed. And if we get a serious midfield player (Pogba, De B or Isco , I would be amazed if Nasri stayed.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I would be amazed if Edin or Jovetic stayed. And if we get a serious midfield player (Pogba, De B or Isco , I would be amazed if Nasri stayed.

Edin has a new deal, to get him out would be close to a freebie. Jovi leaves we pay half his wages ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:10 pm

Jovetic aside, all the others are making noise about staying. If we're gonna move players on we're gonna get shite fees i think frustratingly.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:20 pm

twosips wrote:Jovetic aside, all the others are making noise about staying. If we're gonna move players on we're gonna get shite fees i think frustratingly.

Nothing new there. How often do we get over the odds money for a player?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum