Pre-Season Friendlies

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pre-Season Friendlies

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:51 am

Wonderwall wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:The days of 1000 laps around the pitch some heavy lifting a run out at Scunny,Bradford and Wycombe are deffo gone nobody seems to be sick anymore either.

used to love the pre-season games, I always used to get to at least two. I know they coincide with the darker times but I loved the pre-season games. Probably my favourite was at Doncaster, the one where Barton was starting a fight with Sodje (I think). Great banter. The Donny players were warming up before the game and taking shots, but they were at the City end. Every shot that was wide was caught by a City fan and the ball subsequently threw over the back wall onto the supermarket car park. They started with a full bag of balls and when it got down to the final 3, there were massive cheers as each one was slow thrown over the wall, especially the last one as their strikers were pleading with us not to do it. Unlucky!!

Also the steward at that game was given serious banter for looking like whacko Jacko, he didnt come back for the second half LOL

I miss it :-(

Pre season away at the old Bloomfield Road was much fun.

I loved the blackpool games, city shirts all over the place on the pleasure beach before the games

I Loved/Hated that Foxhall boozer in equal measures but i was only 16,shhhhhhhh.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:56 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:The days of 1000 laps around the pitch some heavy lifting a run out at Scunny,Bradford and Wycombe are deffo gone nobody seems to be sick anymore either.

used to love the pre-season games, I always used to get to at least two. I know they coincide with the darker times but I loved the pre-season games. Probably my favourite was at Doncaster, the one where Barton was starting a fight with Sodje (I think). Great banter. The Donny players were warming up before the game and taking shots, but they were at the City end. Every shot that was wide was caught by a City fan and the ball subsequently threw over the back wall onto the supermarket car park. They started with a full bag of balls and when it got down to the final 3, there were massive cheers as each one was slow thrown over the wall, especially the last one as their strikers were pleading with us not to do it. Unlucky!!

Also the steward at that game was given serious banter for looking like whacko Jacko, he didnt come back for the second half LOL

I miss it :-(

Pre season away at the old Bloomfield Road was much fun.

I loved the blackpool games, city shirts all over the place on the pleasure beach before the games

I Loved/Hated that Foxhall boozer in equal measures but i was only 16,shhhhhhhh.

Everyone headed to "The Manchester" when I used to go, I have no idea why :-)

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:19 am

Isle of Man trip was bril.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:43 am

twosips wrote:Wrote a piece on the EDS lads out with the first team in Aussie....

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... art-1.html

Enjoy. Or not.

I've only just picked this up this morning.

Absolutely brilliant work old chum; don't leave it too long before parts two and three !!
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:58 am

City kick off pre-season tour with victory against Adelaide

Goals from Brandon Barker and Bruno Zuculini secure win in friendly

City have opened their pre-season tour of Australia with a 2-0 victory against Adelaide United, thanks to second half goals from Brandon Barker and Bruno Zuculini.

The game was played behind closed doors, and manager Manuel Pellegrini took the opportunity to assess the fitness of his squad by utilising 23 players in total.

Many EDS players, including the likes of Cameron Humphreys and Manu Garcia, were rewarded with starting places alongside more senior colleagues including Vincent Kompany, Yaya Toure and Samir Nasri. Nasri came closest to breaking the deadlock in the first half, as his shot was tipped on to the crossbar in the 11th minute.

Pellegrini rang the changes at half-time, and it was substitute Brandon Barker who opened the scoring with a neat finish into the bottom corner. Bruno Zuculini, who spent last season loan at Valencia and Cordoba, secured the win in the 84th minute, following good work by Gael Clichy.

City's next game is against Melbourne City on Saturday morning.

First half City XI: Caballero, Maffeo, Kompany (C), Humphreys, Horsfield, Nasri, Toure, Garcia, Ntcham, Pozo, Iheanacho

Second half City XI: Wright, Clichy, Plummer, Evans, Glendon, Fernando, Fofana, Zuculini, Navas, Barker, Unal (Celina 73mins).

I was wondering what happened to Zuculini, having kept a distant eye on him in Spain, which turned out to be a disaster. Will it be another loan closer to home this season or EDS?.......

Pinched from the dark side, thanks Ric
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:00 am

CTID Hants wrote:City kick off pre-season tour with victory against Adelaide

Goals from Brandon Barker and Bruno Zuculini secure win in friendly

City have opened their pre-season tour of Australia with a 2-0 victory against Adelaide United, thanks to second half goals from Brandon Barker and Bruno Zuculini.

The game was played behind closed doors, and manager Manuel Pellegrini took the opportunity to assess the fitness of his squad by utilising 23 players in total.

Many EDS players, including the likes of Cameron Humphreys and Manu Garcia, were rewarded with starting places alongside more senior colleagues including Vincent Kompany, Yaya Toure and Samir Nasri. Nasri came closest to breaking the deadlock in the first half, as his shot was tipped on to the crossbar in the 11th minute.

Pellegrini rang the changes at half-time, and it was substitute Brandon Barker who opened the scoring with a neat finish into the bottom corner. Bruno Zuculini, who spent last season loan at Valencia and Cordoba, secured the win in the 84th minute, following good work by Gael Clichy.

City's next game is against Melbourne City on Saturday morning.

First half City XI: Caballero, Maffeo, Kompany (C), Humphreys, Horsfield, Nasri, Toure, Garcia, Ntcham, Pozo, Iheanacho

Second half City XI: Wright, Clichy, Plummer, Evans, Glendon, Fernando, Fofana, Zuculini, Navas, Barker, Unal (Celina 73mins).

I was wondering what happened to Zuculini, having kept a distant eye on him in Spain, which turned out to be a disaster. Will it be another loan closer to home this season or EDS?.......

Pinched from the dark side, thanks Ric

Its already posted on here mate, a full report on the OS also

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=50332
Wonderwall

Postby twosips » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:11 pm

Part 2 of a little bit i'm writing on the kids out on tour with the first team.

Garcia, Horsfield, Pozo, Barker and Maffeo. Enjoy.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Excellent, as usual Twosips.

We have a fantastic future to look forward to don't we? The talent and skill at the Academy is frightening
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby twosips » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:40 pm

Cheers pal!

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
twosips wrote:Wrote a piece on the EDS lads out with the first team in Aussie....

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... art-1.html

Enjoy. Or not.

I've only just picked this up this morning.

Absolutely brilliant work old chum; don't leave it too long before parts two and three !!

Only just noticed this too. You've got your wish. See above mate.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby dazby » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:46 pm

twosips wrote:Part 2 of a little bit i'm writing on the kids out on tour with the first team.

Garcia, Horsfield, Pozo, Barker and Maffeo. Enjoy.

Did you write anything about Maffeo?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby C & C » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:52 pm

gillie wrote:Anyone know if the Melbourne game is being televised and if so will it be shown over here in Blighty?

Australia -- Foxtel Play, Fox Sports 3 Australia
Ireland -- Sky Go UK, SKY GO Extra, Sky Sports 1/HD UK
United Kingdom -- Sky Sports 1/HD UK, SKY GO Extra, Sky Go UK

I might need a stream. Then again I'm not likely to make the 3am time this one goes off in the States for me. :-(

Enjoy!
C & C
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:38 pm

Tune into mcfc.co.uk at 8am (BST) this Saturday morning and you can watch City take on Melbourne City at the CBus Super Stadium.

Simply go to the mcfc.co.uk home page from just before 8am onwards and follow the link to game which is also being screened live by Sky Sports 1 in the UK and Fox Sports (Channel 503) in Australia.

You will be asked to either log-in or register your details in order to watch the live stream, presented by Nissan.

For those who can, there are still a few tickets available, so move quickly if you want to be at the CBus Stadium on Saturday evening.

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Tour-2015/2015/City-on-Tour-2015-watch-Melbourne-v-City-live/1437039534
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:14 pm

gillie wrote:Anyone know if the Melbourne game is being televised and if so will it be shown over here in Blighty?

Coverage starts at 08:15 Michael, if you're an early bird then you get a chance to see highlights of the 93:20 game which is on at 07:55, but don't get up too early as the highlight game before that is the 2102/13 derby at home when Nasri bottled it in the wall...........
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:19 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Coverage starts at 08:15 Michael, if you're an early bird then you get a chance to see highlights of the 93:20 game which is on at 07:55, but don't get up too early as the highlight game before that is the 2102/13 derby at home when Nasri bottled it in the wall...........

Never mind Nissan, that one would need to be sponsored by the Delorian from Back to the Future.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Is it on sky sports?
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:Is it on sky sports?

Yes coverage starts about 8.15am tomorrow
Wonderwall

Postby gillie » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:44 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Thanks Ian and yes I am an early riser so will deffo see the 93.20 and watch the Nasri bottle with one eye shut(my good one).
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby twosips » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 pm

Wrote the final part of my look at the youngsters out with the first team. Covered all seventeen of em now. Iheanacho, Denayer, Plummer, Celina, Fofana and Ntcham.

http://tinyurl.com/EDSPART3

Previous parts are here if anyone fancies a read

http://tinyurl.com/EDSPART1

http://tinyurl.com/EDSPART2
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby xavi6 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:06 am

For anyone in Melbourne tomorrow

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:27 am

twosips wrote:Wrote the final part of my look at the youngsters out with the first team. Covered all seventeen of em now. Iheanacho, Denayer, Plummer, Celina, Fofana and Ntcham.

http://tinyurl.com/EDSPART3

Previous parts are here if anyone fancies a read

http://tinyurl.com/EDSPART1

http://tinyurl.com/EDSPART2

Nice work as always.

You might want to edit the bit about Celtic's Hampden Park faithful, to 'Celtic Park'. I know they get to a lot of cup finals but... ;)

Watching Kolarov (ok I know he's rusty )lolloping back down the left side, & seeing the absolutely chalk & cheese difference when Denayer came over to sort out any kind of problem he left, just makes me think the kid could play anywhere. He was so much faster into the tackle than anybody else on the pitch, bar maybe Nangollan, & it's his first game back. Didn't seem phased at all playing out of position on the left side of defence.

I recon he could play all 4 positions in the back 4 & def mid once he settles into the top level.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum