Fixture Prediction Thread (competition)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fixture Prediction Thread (competition)

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:34 pm

no prize?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:39 pm

Liverpool a
bournmouth a
Watford h
Chelsea a
villa h
utd a
Newcastle h
arsenal a
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Watford (a)
Stoke (h)
West Ham (a)
Newcastle (h)
Arsenal (a)
Villa (h)
Sunderland (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:03 am

Wonderwall wrote:Next season`s fixtures due out in a few days...... Predict our opening 8 PL games

1 point for correct H/A
3 points for correct team
Total of 5 points if both correct

1 - Bournemouth (a)

2 - Liverpool (a)

3 - Arsenal (h)

4 - Swansea (a)

5 - West Ham (h)

6 - Newcastle - (a)

7 - Norwich (h)

8 - Everton - (h)

According to the rules above, the scores on the doors are............only 2 people predicted a team correct

Joint 1st place
Doug - he predicted Everton as our 3rd game and he also predicted it to be away, so 5 points for Doug + 3 other H/A correct predictions = 8 points.
Chippo22 - correctly predicted the H/A schedule for all 8 games - 8 points
whyalwaysme - correctly predicted the H/A schedule for all 8 games - 8 points
Hutchs Shoulder - - correctly predicted the H/A schedule for all 8 games - 8 points
5th - Tokyo Blue - correctly predicted the H/A schedule for 7 games - 7 points
Joint 6th - South Stand Balti was the only other player to predict a correct team in the right place, he predicted Everton as the 3rd game but predicted it to be at home so 3 points for that and got 1 other H/A right - 4 points
City64 - correctly predicted the H/A schedule for 4 games - 4 points
Patrickblue - correctly predicted the H/A schedule for 4 games - 4 points
nottsblue - correctly predicted the H/A schedule for 4 games - 4 points
10th place - WW - correctly predicted the H/A schedule for 2 games - 2 points
LAST PLACE - Stevefromdonny - - correctly predicted the H/A schedule for 1 games - 1 point

Notable mention again to Southstandbalti who actually got 5 out of the first 8 teams correct, but just in the wrong order!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby clippo22 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:32 am

Win joint first and you still get my name wrong!

I feel like Charles Insomnia!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:38 am

clippo22 wrote:Win joint first and you still get my name wrong!

I feel like Charles Insomnia!

my eyes are not what they used to be sorry clippo22
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:51 am

I send virtual toasts to everyone who has participated... Of course, many thanks to Wonderwall for the fun challenge!

Although it wasn't part of the actual challenge, I found it funny that I had better accuracy for predicting the fixture dates, than I had for the teams that City will play.

Worryingly, I think City will have bigger concerns with the final 8 matches of the season, rather than the first 8 matches! Is it just coincidence that all of the last 8 matches are against teams that gave City their toughest challenges, during last season?!.... However, I choose to be an optimist, by reminding myself that City won their last 6 matches of the season. So, let's hope that all of our predictions & guesswork will bring City some extra luck this season!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:46 am

The thing about the fixtures is that while some games are guaranteed to be tough like Chelsea, others will look very different by the time we get to them than they do now. Some teams will be on a poor run (who could have thought rags would be as poor as they actually turned out under Moisie) and other teams will be on a flyer (Southampton last year).
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:38 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:The thing about the fixtures is that while some games are guaranteed to be tough like Chelsea, others will look very different by the time we get to them than they do now. Some teams will be on a poor run (who could have thought rags would be as poor as they actually turned out under Moisie) and other teams will be on a flyer (Southampton last year).

As a fellow joint first place winner, I hereby present you with your Golden Head & Shoulders award, for your excellent predictions! Congratulations!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:32 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:The thing about the fixtures is that while some games are guaranteed to be tough like Chelsea, others will look very different by the time we get to them than they do now. Some teams will be on a poor run (who could have thought rags would be as poor as they actually turned out under Moisie) and other teams will be on a flyer (Southampton last year).

As a fellow joint first place winner, I hereby present you with your Golden Head & Shoulders award, for your excellent predictions! Congratulations!

I count this as the third major trophy of my career, after winning a copy of Cozy Powell's Dance with the Devil for best dance at the third year disco in 1973 and £25 for solving the IBM Computer Today cryptic crossword in the nineties. These days, unfortunately, Head and Shoulders is as much use to me as Cozy Powell.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

I count this as the third major trophy of my career, after winning a copy of Cozy Powell's Dance with the Devil for best dance at the third year disco in 1973 and £25 for solving the IBM Computer Today cryptic crossword in the nineties. These days, unfortunately, Head and Shoulders is as much use to me as Cozy Powell.

We're both splitting fallen hairs, over our shared Golden Head & Shoulders award, which is actually made of solid gold! As Hutch's Shoulder, your football predictions are easily Head & Shoulders above the rest!

Your previous award of Cozy Powell's totally unique record, "Dance With The Devil" just further proves that you march (or dance) to the beat of a different drum! I just hope that you still have that Cozy Powell record specially framed in your collection.

By the way, I am sincerely impressed that you solved the IBM Computer Today cryptic crossword! The City management should be hiring you to help solve their puzzles...
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum