Copa America

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Copa America

Postby ant london » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:15 am

What a goal that was - fantastic ball in and epic header
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:40 am

So after sitting in the East stand lower, watching Navas put 146 ignored balls in to a vacant near post area, Aguero finally arrives there....for fucking Argentina.

And scores a ten times more difficult goal than he could have had from the other 146 wasted opportunities.

Near post= goldmine of goalscoring opportunity.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:27 am

Ted Hughes wrote:So after sitting in the East stand lower, watching Navas put 146 ignored balls in to a vacant near post area, Aguero finally arrives there....for fucking Argentina.

And scores a ten times more difficult goal than he could have had from the other 146 wasted opportunities.

Near post= goldmine of goalscoring opportunity.

Haha - I was waiting for someone to comment on this. So true - an area our strikers appear unwilling to exploit despite the fact that it has invariably reaped rewards when they have attached (edit: or "attacked" even) the near post
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
dazby wrote:Cheeky and Pellers at the Chile v Mexico game.

well he is Chilean, so I can understand that. unless he is looking at Arturo Vidal and our scouts at Juve were not watching Pogba at all and its just a smokescreen to get some other mug to stump up mega bucks

Wonder how Pellers is perceived over in his homeland?

Good call NB and, moreover, I wonder how City are viewed both in Chile, as well as other parts of that continent, given the high profile Argentinian players in our ranks.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:49 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

well he is Chilean, so I can understand that. unless he is looking at Arturo Vidal and our scouts at Juve were not watching Pogba at all and its just a smokescreen to get some other mug to stump up mega bucks

Good call NB and, moreover, I wonder how City are viewed both in Chile, as well as other parts of that continent, given the high profile Argentinian players in our ranks.

The two Chileans I know are quite proud of him. However he oversaw a period of abject shit for that university or whatever side and took them Down for the only time in their history apparently so he's not exactly well remembered by their fans tbh. Sounds like he was their Stuart Pearce in many ways. He said as much that he wasn't a good manager or a good listener then and he was more apt to fight a player than coax the best out of them.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:32 am

As bonus sideshow to the cup; Arturo Vidal seems like a complete fucktard:

Here he is getting caught driving drunk and crashing his car, with his family in the car, during the tournament:

Watch on youtube.com

He tells the cop, "You can cuff me, but you'll fuck Chile."

And then the tearful apology a day or so later:

Watch on youtube.com

Amazingly, he'll still be allowed to play in the tournament after all this.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:20 am

Handbags after the Brazil - Columbia game with Neymar starting everything by being a sore loser. Both Neymar and Bacca sent off after the final whistle:

http://gfycat.com/KeenLazyIguana

Dunga also seems to have a Psycho Pearce level of tactical awareness. Feel bad that Fernandinho's time in the national team is surrounded by a bunch of jokers like coutinho and Fred
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:44 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

The two Chileans I know are quite proud of him. However he oversaw a period of abject shit for that university or whatever side and took them Down for the only time in their history apparently so he's not exactly well remembered by their fans tbh. Sounds like he was their Stuart Pearce in many ways. He said as much that he wasn't a good manager or a good listener then and he was more apt to fight a player than coax the best out of them.

Cheers

Given the long border which exists between Chile and Argentina, is there much rivalry, or even any antipathy, between the two countries in both footballing and political terms ??

If there were, would the factor of well known Argentinian players being in our team provide the basis for an ambivalent attitude being held in Chile, towards City ??

Furthermore, I don't know how Argentina are viewed in the rest of South America and how City are perceived by other countries in that continent because of that.

It would be good to know if anyone any thoughts or knowledge on this ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:31 am

bigblue wrote:Handbags after the Brazil - Columbia game with Neymar starting everything by being a sore loser. Both Neymar and Bacca sent off after the final whistle:

http://gfycat.com/KeenLazyIguana

Dunga also seems to have a Psycho Pearce level of tactical awareness. Feel bad that Fernandinho's time in the national team is surrounded by a bunch of jokers like coutinho and Fred

the way the player who gets hit by a "Football" goes down is ridiculous, I bet he made his family so proud acting like that. If Taggart were the manager, no doubt he could have been killed by that shot!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:37 am

Doh, missed it.

Sounds like fun.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:05 am

Same Union, happy to shit on each other, weekly.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:00 pm

Most entertaining Footy tournament Ive seen for years.....that Ecuador V Mexico was fun to watch !

Uruguay V Paraguay and then its Zabba and Aguero V Jaimaca.......I see a fuckign goal fest for Aguero.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Most entertaining Footy tournament Ive seen for years.....that Ecuador V Mexico was fun to watch !

Uruguay V Paraguay and then its Zabba and Aguero V Jaimaca.......I see a fuckign goal fest for Aguero.

How the fuck did Jamaica get in there ?

That's almost as ridiculous as having someone like Israel in the Euros....oh hang on..

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Most entertaining Footy tournament Ive seen for years.....that Ecuador V Mexico was fun to watch !

That's almost as ridiculous as having someone like Israel in the Euros....oh hang on..

Part of the Americas I suppose..Caribbean Americas...its all the fuckign same.
Anyway, Aguero is going to batter them.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Apparently, Jamaica & Mexico are 'guest' teams from CONCACAF, otherwise known as Jackwarnerland.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Apparently, Jamaica & Mexico are 'guest' teams from CONCACAF, otherwise known as Jackwarnerland.

Isn't that because there aren't enough South American teams to have a tournament, so they have "guest teams" to make up the numbers?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:45 am

patrickblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Isn't that because there aren't enough South American teams to have a tournament, so they have "guest teams" to make up the numbers?

It is. Japan were guests a few years ago.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby dazby » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:56 am

What's happenning in this tournament guys? Any gems coming to the fore?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:31 pm

dazby wrote:What's happenning in this tournament guys? Any gems coming to the fore?

it's been really really decent tbh. Gems? I dunno. it's hard in INTL footy for me. Every team is mostly shit in comparison to what we're used to...but i will say that from a City perspective that Fernandinho's done pretty well. He's looked great in one match and very good in others. Hopefully he can get back to his best next season. I still rate him.

two players who i fucking don't know the names of whom i watched tho and thought highly of were the shit hot Chilean midfielder not driving drunk or wrecking his car. He's a peach. And that CB for Columbia who basically is doing the fucking business. He's a youngish dude. I'm shit at the names of these kids but i'm sure you can google the fuck out of them if you care.

it's worth watching....Argies v Columbia should be fun. Kun once again hasn't exactly flourished for the Albiceleste. Thought i'd say di Maria looks more like the player at Madrid than the cunt at the Rags. Funny how that works. He's playing more like the role he was at Madrid tho, obvs.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Given the long border which exists between Chile and Argentina, is there much rivalry, or even any antipathy, between the two countries in both footballing and political terms ??

If there were, would the factor of well known Argentinian players being in our team provide the basis for an ambivalent attitude being held in Chile, towards City ??

Furthermore, I don't know how Argentina are viewed in the rest of South America and how City are perceived by other countries in that continent because of that.

It would be good to know if anyone any thoughts or knowledge on this ??

The two countries hate each other on pretty much every level possible (although every nation in South America hates Argentina). Chile has built up a massively disproportionate military over the years to its size and geostrategic importance, largely due to the UK using it as a pawn with which to threaten Argentina and dissuade it from 'doing another Falklands', while simultaneously draining Argentina's economy through its aspiration to keep up with Chile militarily.

The situation between the two countries reaches such a level of pettiness that Chile has lodged objections on an international level to the study of volcanic ash originating from its volcanoes and landing in Argentina by (or in collaboration with) Argentinian scientists.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum