Women's World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Women's World Cup

Postby branny » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Dameerto wrote:
branny wrote:Job done but struggling to see what Aluko adds having watched the first two games.

She's a strange one - I'd like to see her running at defences from behind a striker really - that shot that hit the bar is the kind of thing she should be trying more often - she doesn't seem happy playing as the focus of the attack (if our first two games are anything to go by).

Maybe she's their "Jovetic". Ie not the best at a specific role and just doesn't work in that system. She got in behind the back four a couple of times but her final ball was poor. That said ive only seen her twice so maybe doing her a disservice.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:20 pm

I'm pretty sure that counts as an assist - Steph Houghton's freekick forces the keeper to save and push the ball out with England scoring from the rebound.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:07 pm

"Mini Messi" doesn't look anything like Messi so far.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:05 pm

Reasonably competent performance to qualify but they lost all control and composure in the second half. Wtll have to play miles better to get much further.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:43 am

The coach seems like a complete dickhead.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:56 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The coach seems like a complete dickhead.

Compared one of his players to Messi.......I only just stopped laughing.

This is nothing to do with beign sexist , the football on display has been utter utter utter garbage.I wont be watching anymore womens football....period.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:02 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

This is nothing to do with beign sexist , the football on display has been utter utter utter garbage.I wont be watching anymore womens football....period.

I can't disagree regarding England.

But I think they are capable of getting the ball down & passing it. Watching them is really annoying because it's so fucking 'England'.

The guy has already used every player in the squad. So basically he has no plan for a team, or anything else, but everybody presumably likes him, because they all play. Kindergarten stuff.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:42 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

But I think they are capable of getting the ball down & passing it. Watching them is really annoying because it's so fucking 'England'.

The guy has already used every player in the squad. So basically he has no plan for a team, or anything else, but everybody presumably likes him, because they all play. Kindergarten stuff.

Mark Sampson is Welsh but is seen belting out god save the queen. I was like WTF are you thinking.

Anyway, the standard last night was miles better than it has been. That move from Columbia in the first half which led to the KB save would not have looked out of place in any standard of football.

A lot of men I have to say are being quite juvenile about the women's football. The game is years and years behind where it should be due to not being full time. You telling me if Dave Silva had to work a 40 hour week and train 6 times a week in the evenings he would be of the same standard. Not a chance. It needs to be given a chance to flourish with full time professional players where there sole focus is football. Its still not there yet, a city a high percentage of the girls still work. But don't let that get in the way of your bashing lads.....
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:49 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Mark Sampson is Welsh but is seen belting out god save the queen. I was like WTF are you thinking.

Anyway, the standard last night was miles better than it has been. That move from Columbia in the first half which led to the KB save would not have looked out of place in any standard of football.

A lot of men I have to say are being quite juvenile about the women's football. The game is years and years behind where it should be due to not being full time. You telling me if Dave Silva had to work a 40 hour week and train 6 times a week in the evenings he would be of the same standard. Not a chance. It needs to be given a chance to flourish with full time professional players where there sole focus is football. Its still not there yet, a city a high percentage of the girls still work. But don't let that get in the way of your bashing lads.....

I haven't bashed women's football at all.

I said I think England are much worse than I believe they need to be. My mate ran a women's team in Norway 15 years ago, in the middle of nowhere, & although physically most would struggle against the build of some of those girls, they were capable of controlling the ball & passing it better than what we are seeing from England, & they all had jobs, & were playing in gale force winds coming off the sea, on often shite pitches.

I don't believe England can't pass a ball better & be more intelligent at football, than what we are currently watching.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:12 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I haven't bashed women's football at all.

I said I think England are much worse than I believe they need to be. My mate ran a women's team in Norway 15 years ago, in the middle of nowhere, & although physically most would struggle against the build of some of those girls, they were capable of controlling the ball & passing it better than what we are seeing from England, & they all had jobs, & were playing in gale force winds coming off the sea, on often shite pitches.

I don't believe England can't pass a ball better & be more intelligent at football, than what we are currently watching.

Wasn't directed at you, I kinda of meant in general and when you read comments on the daily mail or from Carl.

Too many want to compare women's football with men's which is just retarded. You cant compare professional men's football to a game where there is only a very small percentage that are professional.
Sister of fu

Postby branny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:39 am

I've enjoyed what I've seen so far and been entertained. Compared to the mens game the womens is still in its infancy so i don't expect it to be played at the same level and obviously the standard in some countries is worse than others (Germany v Ivory coast was possibly the biggest mis-match I've seen on a football field) but its nice to see it getting the exposure and well done to the BBC for that. Its good to see City ladies well represented so im gonna keep watching
branny

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:03 pm

branny wrote:I've enjoyed what I've seen so far and been entertained. Compared to the mens game the womens is still in its infancy so i don't expect it to be played at the same level and obviously the standard in some countries is worse than others (Germany v Ivory coast was possibly the biggest mis-match I've seen on a football field) but its nice to see it getting the exposure and well done to the BBC for that. Its good to see City ladies well represented so im gonna keep watching

I am in this camp too Branny, I like it, plus its also WOMEN, whats not to like :-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:48 pm

Just a couple of questions I would like to pose to all you Dads....

If your daughter came home and send I wanna play football would you support this and if you had a son and daughter would you support them equally??

If you had a daughter and she played international football would you see this as an achievement or would it be more of an achievement if your son was an international footballer??
Sister of fu

Postby branny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Just a couple of questions I would like to pose to all you Dads....

If your daughter came home and send I wanna play football would you support this and if you had a son and daughter would you support them equally??

If you had a daughter and she played international football would you see this as an achievement or would it be more of an achievement if your son was an international footballer??

My daughter is 7 years old and likes a kickabout with the boys in the schoolyard but so far that's it. She does a lot of other activities during the week including Brownies, swimming lessons and drama club. Her main interest at the moment is cheerleading which she does competitively. This Saturday they have a comp in Liverpool and have to be up at 4am. Either myself, my Wife or. (work permitting) both of us attend to support her. We don't push her into anything and our message is always enjoy what you do. I'd have no problem whatsoever if she wanted to give football a go and would support her as we do now.
branny

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Just a couple of questions I would like to pose to all you Dads....

I wish my 16 year old would have played. She did for a bit and had this unteachable sense of space that I believe comes from how good she is at math. No joke.

I would be proud of her for any achievement in life but I would be more proud of the little lad. He would have a harder more competitive time to achieve that goal.

Also I love watching the U.S. Women play. With my pants around my ankles.

And btw I watched Jamaica play Paraguay 2 nights ago and both were absolute shithouses who were the same standard of the women's teams. International football is just mostly shit if we're all honest with ourselves. Bunch of strangers trying to figure it out in real time. And yet I'll still watch it.

Related. How much does Abby wambach look like Brienne from game of thrones?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:41 pm

my daughter has done just that.
A new girl's team and club has been set up where we live and she wants to play next school year.
I'm all for it, it will do her good to do a team sport and run about outside.
Don't know how good she'll be as i can't play anymore and i was never any good anyway, so have hardly ever kicked a ball around with her, but she and some friends have decided they are going to give it a go.

If I had a son who made international level i would see it as more of an achievement because of the greater amount of competition for places.
On a personal level for my children i would be equally proud and chuffed whether girl or boy, and i would expect them to be so also.
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:49 pm

I dont compare womens football to mens at all as there is fuckign zero comparison.
Its on TV , its for the public to watch and IMO its been fuckign shit overall......I am obviously focusing on Englands performances compared to the others....the passing has been fuckign shite , even sunday league sides pass the ball better than these lot.

No need to get fuckign defensive !!! , what you see is what you get and so far its rubbish.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I dont compare womens football to mens at all as there is fuckign zero comparison.
Its on TV , its for the public to watch and IMO its been fuckign shit overall......I am obviously focusing on Englands performances compared to the others....the passing has been fuckign shite , even sunday league sides pass the ball better than these lot.

No need to get fuckign defensive !!! , what you see is what you get and so far its rubbish.

I dont watch any women's sport. But the day they grant lesbian fisting a chance at the olympics I'll be there with golden tickets
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby walshawblue » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:39 am

Both my daughters have played football my eldest one was one of the firts to go to the club where she played in the south manchester league for four years and then went to the Bolton league.
Unfortunatly she got an injury and the manager told her not to bother paying for next season as she wouldnt pe playing ,but could train with the team.so she just told him to fulk off .she has never played since but i went to every game and supported her all the way.

my youngest was not really that interested but i would have supported her just the same .
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:39 am

I would have loved all my kids to have played, but my daughter was a proper girly girl and was not interested.
I enjoy all football at all levels, I suppose I just appreciate what I am watching and tailor my expectations to what the level is that I am watching.

I probably enjoy watching Sunday league pub football just as much as going to City.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum