Women's World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Women's World Cup

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:40 am

Asisat Oshoala. Plays for Liverpool and named player of the tournament at the African Women's championship.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:56 am

You'd have to be careful pronouncing that on tv.

There was another striker playing for Liverpool a while back who seriously impressed me, but she was white & seemed to have a fairly bog standard English type name. Dunno if she was an American or Irish or smnething but if she's English I'm surprised she's not playing instead of that brain dead, headless dwarf they've got up front at the moment.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:You'd have to be careful pronouncing that on tv.

There was another striker playing for Liverpool a while back who seriously impressed me, but she was white & seemed to have a fairly bog standard English type name. Dunno if she was an American or Irish or smnething but if she's English I'm surprised she's not playing instead of that brain dead, headless dwarf they've got up front at the moment.

Tash Dowie? Was banging them in two season ago and was in the England squads. She has slowly been faded out as other forwards have recovered from injuries or come out of exile.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:20 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:You'd have to be careful pronouncing that on tv.

Tash Dowie? Was banging them in two season ago and was in the England squads. She has slowly been faded out as other forwards have recovered from injuries or come out of exile.

Maybe. She was proper fucking tough this girl I'm thinking of, a real handful but a good footballer. At least when I saw her she appeared to be anyhow.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:37 pm

England's second game is kicking off on BBC 3 shortly - the other group game finished with a shock win for Columbia over France so it means two wins for England will see them through - tonight is obviously a must win though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:51 pm

I'm not sure Columbia winning was a good thing. If they can beat France then they will be tough for us to beat. Mexico won't be easy either but it's a very positive team selection so fingers crossed.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby branny » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Not much quality in the final third from either side so far.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:44 pm

She should be playing behind someone - that was a cracking shot
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:45 pm

Actually it looks like she's swapped with Duggan so it might mean she gets to run at the defence a bit more.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Absolute garbage,id rather watch the fuckign magic roundabout.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Several decades of under-investment takes some overcoming.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby city72 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Fk me this is pure shit
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:25 pm

GOAL.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:31 pm

What a great goal. Sign her up. Really good second half performance so far.
South Stand Balti

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Seems to have given her a bit of confidence, she's been involved in all the dangerous moves since then - I think they were looking nervous in general until the goal.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:38 pm

That should do it. Offside but I'll take it.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Deserved second goal. The more I see of this game the more I think we set up all wrong against France.
South Stand Balti

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Now for a nervous four minutes.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby branny » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:58 pm

Job done but struggling to see what Aluko adds having watched the first two games.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:04 pm

branny wrote:Job done but struggling to see what Aluko adds having watched the first two games.

She's a strange one - I'd like to see her running at defences from behind a striker really - that shot that hit the bar is the kind of thing she should be trying more often - she doesn't seem happy playing as the focus of the attack (if our first two games are anything to go by).
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum