Women's World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Women's World Cup

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Who are those people ?

Are they well known, or just on some government, 'put a notrite sad cunt on tv' scheme ?

There's a sign at the back that says "Southall Discount Tyres"

Could this be the kind of stunt a former Welsh goalkeeper might pull ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Are they well known, or just on some government, 'put a notrite sad cunt on tv' scheme ?

Even more proof that you should never trust a Neville.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Even more proof that you should never trust a Neville.

Nice one.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Australia and Japan 0-0 at th half. Nothing ground breaking, but the technique and the eye for a pass is certainly a lot better than I remember from watching women's footy.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:55 pm

It's a shame France went out last night as they looked the best footballing side there. Come on England!
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:29 pm

Never noticed the Canadian national anthem before.

Interesting.

I wonder if Michael Palin wrote it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:24 am

Interesting half - Bronze on the score sheet again. If she needed any, this tournament will do her confidence a world of good.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:33 am

I thought again that England dumbed down their football to a load of negative, long ball shite & invited pressure & they are winning in spite of that fucking Butlins Redcoat on the bench, not because of him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:38 am

Crap, Bardsley having to go off - hopefully it's not Balotelli's grass allergy.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:27 am

Well done to the City women on reaching their first ever World Cup semi final, hopefully Bardsley's eye recovers.
I have no idea why he decided to surrender midfield in the second half though, he put them through pressure that they could have avoided - just let Scott have free reign instead of sitting back.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:41 am

I know they are good footballers. But that looks little more than parks standard.
Some shocking defending and England played some rank rotten long ball stuff.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:33 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I know they are good footballers. But that looks little more than parks standard.

Really. I expect more from you. They are in a World Cup semi please tell me the last time their male counterparts bothered to show up at a major finals. We just can't celebrate things in this country, always got to have a go and critise.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:09 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I know they are good footballers. But that looks little more than parks standard.

Really. I expect more from you. They are in a World Cup semi please tell me the last time their male counterparts bothered to show up at a major finals. We just can't celebrate things in this country, always got to have a go and critise.

Absolutely right sis. I thought they were brilliant, and put the men's team to shame. Not enjoyed watching England so much in years.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:24 am

well done ladies!
all of them are far more talented than the smug faced knob who manages them. not often i take an instant disliking to someone (herb was the last person) but mark sampson is a grade a cunt.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:09 am

I'm delighted for the ladies team. I really am. I'm delighted that they have received so much public interest. I'm pleased that the City contingent have contributed. I enjoyed watching the game when I got in from work. It was exciting. It's a full on positive story.
I made a comment on the standard I was watching, I'm new to watching womens' football, so gave my opinion.
Oh, and although I want the men's team to do well, I couldn't give a flying shite about England.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:14 am

What a brilliant win. Great performance and kept battling when under the cosh in the second half. It's been a great tournament. Roll on Wednesday night. It will be an interesting selection, particularly for the goalie spot. I thought dropping Duggan was the right thing and bringing Jill Scott back was a good move too, cos that manager makes some odd choices at times.
South Stand Balti

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:24 am

I thought we played really well until we let them back in it. There was some nervous stuff in the second half, and some long balls as no one put their foot on the ball and took responsibility. I think that's pretty common in World Cup quarter finals though. The standard has been good overall. I don't know if you have seen the first two French goals against Korea but they were brilliant team goals. Technically outstanding. I think England found a different way to win this morning but I can't say it was anything like park stuff.
South Stand Balti

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:32 am

I seem to recall the England men getting some half decent reviews on the football they played in getting knocked out of the world cup in the group stages but here we are with the women getting through to the semis against the odds and to be fair not playing much good football.

Which would you rather have a load of so called "great" footballers playing some nice football and doing sod all or a bunch of players with big hearts and giving their all and more and finding a way to win?

Like many others I can't stand the manager and I do wonder what coaching he does that benefits the team in terms of quality football. We were not good at all with our composure on the ball and basically resorted to row Z clear it at all cost tactics.....but it worked. Constant effort, harrying the Canadian defenders paid dividends.In the 2nd half our keeper(s) hardly had a shot to save so we clearly got something right.

Massive congratulations to the girls.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Spurge » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:42 am

Whatever you want to say about the manager and the standard of football (which I don't think Englands performances have been anything like as bad as is being suggested) there is a togetherness and a will within the whole squad that is worth it's weight in gold. These girls want to play for their manager and each other and it's refreshing to see.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:57 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I seem to recall the England men getting some half decent reviews on the football they played in getting knocked out of the world cup in the group stages but here we are with the women getting through to the semis against the odds and to be fair not playing much good football.

Which would you rather have a load of so called "great" footballers playing some nice football and doing sod all or a bunch of players with big hearts and giving their all and more and finding a way to win?

Like many others I can't stand the manager and I do wonder what coaching he does that benefits the team in terms of quality football. We were not good at all with our composure on the ball and basically resorted to row Z clear it at all cost tactics.....but it worked. Constant effort, harrying the Canadian defenders paid dividends.In the 2nd half our keeper(s) hardly had a shot to save so we clearly got something right.

Massive congratulations to the girls.

I agree & the girls have been great as far as teamwork & hard work. Can't fault them at all.

Just wish they had a manager, as they are going to need a fair bit of luck to win it by just having one tactic of lumping every ball at the striker from every position on the pitch. I actually think they have the talent to win it by just playing normal football. But it's being hidden.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum