Women's World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Women's World Cup

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:16 am

game was one of the best I have seen last night, England looked exzcellent at times in attack but also looked very sunday league in the clearance approach when under no pressure at all. Poor Berty Bassett she was distraught, what a horrible way to go out and we hit the bar a couple of times and madehad a really good couple of opportunities.

Massive shout out to Steph Houghton and Jill Scott, they were the driving force of the team, also Lucy Bronze looked gutted to get injured as she was probably our player of the tournament. Also KUDOS to Karen Bardsley for feigning cramp when we were down to ten men women, that was good thinking. The only other one was Toni Duggan, busy as ever but not quite good enough IMO.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:23 am

We did nt deserve to lose that. Terrible for Basset but she had to go for it. Such fine lines-Duggan hits the bar and it bounced out, then the ball hits our bar and creeps in. I hate football at times.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bobby brows » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:24 am

Gutted for the women, they really grew into the tournament and gave us a couple of results that the men's team just don't give us any more. I must admit I feared the worst after the France game but I thought they had some terrific spells throughout the other games and really built up a head of steam going into last nights game. The own goal is just a freak occurance, she's got to put her leg out but interestingly I've seen someone blaming the turf saying that because it was artificial it pulled her back when she went to ground.

Anyway the MCWFC players can hold their heads up proud they've really represented the club well, especially Steph Houghton who might be my player of the tournament run close by Jodie Taylor. Just hope we can get them back and ready for the Birmingham game on July 12th.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 am

bobby brows wrote:Gutted for the women, they really grew into the tournament and gave us a couple of results that the men's team just don't give us any more. I must admit I feared the worst after the France game but I thought they had some terrific spells throughout the other games and really built up a head of steam going into last nights game. The own goal is just a freak occurance, she's got to put her leg out but interestingly I've seen someone blaming the turf saying that because it was artificial it pulled her back when she went to ground.

Anyway the MCWFC players can hold their heads up proud they've really represented the club well, especially Steph Houghton who might be my player of the tournament run close by Jodie Taylor. Just hope we can get them back and ready for the Birmingham game on July 12th.

Do you think they will come straight back into the team a week after the 3rd place playoff? No rest, I have no idea TBH, but the women's season finished after the mens so they have not had a break.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:00 am

Wonderwall wrote:
bobby brows wrote:Gutted for the women, they really grew into the tournament and gave us a couple of results that the men's team just don't give us any more. I must admit I feared the worst after the France game but I thought they had some terrific spells throughout the other games and really built up a head of steam going into last nights game. The own goal is just a freak occurance, she's got to put her leg out but interestingly I've seen someone blaming the turf saying that because it was artificial it pulled her back when she went to ground.

Do you think they will come straight back into the team a week after the 3rd place playoff? No rest, I have no idea TBH, but the women's season finished after the mens so they have not had a break.

A woman's work is never done
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:04 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

A woman's work is never done

There will be a few weeks worth of ironing backed up at home too. It will be touch and go whether they get it all done before the 12th
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:18 pm

The confidence they showed playing against the defending World Cup holders was brilliant to see - a total contrast to the nervous first couple of games. I think this tournament has been a turning point for England's women, and having five City players featuring so prominently bodes very well for the domestic season.

Best of luck to the USA team, I'll be rooting for them in the final.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:43 pm

Interesting team choice tonight. Several changes in personnel and a change of system. That's high risk against the Germans so fingers crossed it works out.
South Stand Balti

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:49 pm

That was a really good first half by England. The last time I watched us play the Germans we were 2-0 down after 5 minutes. Greenwood and Jill Scott have been superb. We should get Williams and Carney involved a bit more as they have proper technical quality.
South Stand Balti

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:22 pm

Get in!!
South Stand Balti

Postby branny » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:37 pm

Well deserved. OBE's all round probably.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Spurge » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:38 pm

Well I'm well chuffed for them. They've shown the mens team how to approach tournament football.

Their togetherness, desire and work ethic has been a revelation.

Well done to the entire squad.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Take that, Germans and penalties, pah!
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby branny » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:47 pm

I wonder if anyone will take a punt on Sampson on the back of that.
branny

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:13 pm

Japan is already in deep shit
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Wow. That 4th goal was impressive
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:00 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Wow. That 4th goal was impressive

I'd hate to have been in the military with you. If we got deployed together i'd have killed you en route to the staging area.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby branny » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:11 am

Kamikaze defending.
branny

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:00 am

"When have we beat Japan at anything?" - Donald Trump

Finally!!!
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:01 am

lol @ fifa officials getting booed right now as they are announced to present trophies.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum