Guidetti - poundshop Zlatan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Guidetti - poundshop Zlatan

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:13 pm

He's not half as good as he thinks he is, no idea how he can have such a huge ego when he's not achieved an awful lot.
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/celtic/ronny-deila-froze-me-out-at-celtic-because-he-knew-i-would-leave-209398n.128186777
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: Guidetti - poundshop Zlatan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Tbf I did wonder about that at the time. He seemed to be scoring every week, then suddenly he can't get a game, & it appeared to coincide with rumours appearing that he was moving on.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:07 pm

Guidetti does have a big head and sometimes come out with very stupid quotes in the media. He seems to be a bit thick and doesn't think before he opens his mouth. That said, he also seems to have a different, bighearted side to him. I read this piece in a Swedish magazine:

Let me tell you something odd about the footballer John Guidetti - you know the guy who will lead Sweden to victory in tonight's U21 game against Portugal...

I had lunch with a friend yesterday. He told me about an evening two weeks ago when his 8 year old son, on his way home from a friend's house, spotted John Guidetti on the street. (This is not the "odd" part. The family of my friend lives in the Stockholm suburb where Guidetti grew up and flashy football-pro cars are occasionally parked outside his parents' house.)

The football mad 8 year old immediately recognises the football star and runs up to Guidetti to ask him if he wants to play some footy with him. (This isn't odd either, the family's house is next to a small football pitch.)

John Guidetti explains that he can't. He's in a bit of a hurry. He's going home to his parents to watch the Champions League final. The 8 year old finds this plausible. He was going to see the game himself as well, he just forgot about it in the excitement.

"But we can play after the final, if you're still up", Guidetti says and hurries along.

The 8 year old takes this as a promise, the way kids do, and makes up his mind NOT to fall asleep during the Champions League final, the way kids do. My friend is naturally worried, and predicts that this will all end in a traumatizing disappointment.

During the second half it is hard to stay awake. The 8 year old has to stand up. The game isn't done until 11.30. But he refuses to fall a sleep. And in the same second the ref blows the final whistle, the 8 year old is out the front door and on his way to the football pitch.

And there John Guidetti is, waiting. And they play football in the middle of the night.

And that's odd. Odd in a good way.

Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:12 pm

^that's brilliant. Good on him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Quite a lot of the Celtic fans I knew were not that bothered that he won't be going to them.

He was good in the SPL but that is the bare minimum you would expect for someone who is meant to be a decent player. His wage demands were ridiculous. Celtic can and probably will find three players to perform at the level they require that would be do as just as good a job as Guidetti.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:^that's brilliant. Good on him.

+1
Can't fault that in any way
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:53 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:^that's brilliant. Good on him.

+1
Can't fault that in any way

+1
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Guidetti has officially signed for Certain Vigo.

Zlatan seems to be a done deal to AC Milan, taking a 50% wage cut.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:28 pm

mr_nool wrote:Guidetti has officially signed for Certain Vigo.

Zlatan seems to be a done deal to AC Milan, taking a 50% wage cut.

Zlatan for a year here would b fun!

There goes his record of winning leagues with Milan, they have no chance!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Return to The Maine Football forum