Denayer, Iheanacho and Lopes to be promoted

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Denayer, Iheanacho and Lopes to be promoted

Postby dazby » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:54 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I dont care where he plays at the back , just so long as Kompany is benched and only comes on when everyone else is dead.

I'm sure poor ol Jason will soon be on your list.

I actually give CB,s time to settle in , I gave Lescott and Kompany plenty of time before I lost it.....and I was right about both of them , also Dunne got it in the end as he became a liability.

Name me one fuckign time, over the last 10 years, I have given shit to any other CB we have had and show me the fuckign proof!?.

Bahahahaha!

Name one time you haven't.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:14 am

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I dont care where he plays at the back , just so long as Kompany is benched and only comes on when everyone else is dead.

I actually give CB,s time to settle in , I gave Lescott and Kompany plenty of time before I lost it.....and I was right about both of them , also Dunne got it in the end as he became a liability.

Name me one fuckign time, over the last 10 years, I have given shit to any other CB we have had and show me the fuckign proof!?.

Bahahahaha!

In all fairness, that's a nice, barbed rejoinder.

'One liners' are always the most pointed (if you'll pardon the pun).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:49 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Bahahahaha!

In all fairness, that's a nice, barbed rejoinder.

'One liners' are always the most pointed (if you'll pardon the pun).

A frontal lobotomy is the only kind thing to do, concerning the above mentioned cabbage.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:38 am

So you can't then.

The above examples copped it every week.

Name one.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:12 pm

dazby wrote:So you can't then.

The above examples copped it every week.

Name one.

You wernt born when we had a decent one.now fuck off back to your cabbage patch.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:26 pm

You're so good at this.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:19 pm

dazby wrote:You're so good at this.

Watch on youtube.com
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:39 pm

City Watch‏@City_Watch11 minutes ago
Jason Denayer's agent has told FootMercato they negotiating a new deal and Denayer could be in the 1st team next season. Lyon loan unlikely.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:57 am

Plain Speaking wrote:City Watch‏@City_Watch11 minutes ago
Jason Denayer's agent has told FootMercato they negotiating a new deal and Denayer could be in the 1st team next season. Lyon loan unlikely.

If this is true & Jason signs a new deal, then long term, it may turn out to be the best bit of business we do in this window.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:16 am

He wouldn't sign unless guaranteed a place in the first team squad but he has to play games. Can't have him used like Boyata ie hardly ever.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:56 am

blues2win wrote:He wouldn't sign unless guaranteed a place in the first team squad but he has to play games. Can't have him used like Boyata ie hardly ever.

Is that your guess or has that been stated and verified? I'd like to think that he is better advised than that.

Well if he is the real deal, he won't be treated like Boyata. I guess the fact he's already ahead of Boyata in the Belgium teams tells us something?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby blues2win » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:06 am

Come off it he's not going to sign just to play in the EDS is he having played for Celtic and now Belgium. He wants a place in the first team squad ( not necessarily in the first team every week obviously). With Mangala and Vinny as first choice centre backs you would think the question is how much football he gets. I hope he gets to play in the domestic cups and after that merit should dictate. Mangala has to improve from last season and Vinny has to get back his form otherwise Denayer will be pushing for a regular start. That's as it should be.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:07 am

CTID Hants wrote:
blues2win wrote:He wouldn't sign unless guaranteed a place in the first team squad but he has to play games. Can't have him used like Boyata ie hardly ever.

Is that your guess or has that been stated and verified? I'd like to think that he is better advised than that.

Well if he is the real deal, he won't be treated like Boyata. I guess the fact he's already ahead of Boyata in the Belgium teams tells us something?

His agent is quoted as saying he wants first team football & that City have intimated that he will get it.

But Jason himself in a fairly recent interview acknowledged that it's a big jump from Celtic to the Prem, & appeared to understand the realities of the situation, so I expect he is asking for the opportunity to be involved, not some kind of guarantee of starting games.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:18 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

His agent is quoted as saying he wants first team football & that City have intimated that he will get it.

But Jason himself in a fairly recent interview acknowledged that it's a big jump from Celtic to the Prem, & appeared to understand the realities of the situation, so I expect he is asking for the opportunity to be involved, not some kind of guarantee of starting games.

Thanks Ted for clarification, I read the "wouldn't sign unless" as being a bit ahead of himself, that doesn't appear to be the case having read that. I was about to go off the guy before I'd even had chance to really see what he's about lol
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:27 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Thanks Ted for clarification, I read the "wouldn't sign unless" as being a bit ahead of himself, that doesn't appear to be the case having read that. I was about to go off the guy before I'd even had chance to really see what he's about lol

Well I suppose there is a bit of 'won't sign unless' about it tbf, but I think it will be the promise that we aren't just going to dump him in the stiffs like we did with Dedryk. I would want some assurances if I was him, because he is already a full international & he has to play football, now. He can't take a year out.

Presumably they will agree that if he plays & he stinks, he goes out on loan rather than just hanging around doing fuck all.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:22 pm

How reliable a source is Goal?
They report that Denayer would only be on about £7,000 a week and that City are about to triple it to around £20,000 or so to keep him. Great money for a 19 year old, but I somehow expected him to be on more than £7k especially the season he's just had.
Signing him for £20K a week sounds a pretty good deal.....for City.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Huge praise from Vieira for Angelino who starts with NYFC on July 8. First to training, last to leave. Rates him as the best young talent he's seen at the Club since he took over two years ago.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:46 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:How reliable a source is Goal?
They report that Denayer would only be on about £7,000 a week and that City are about to triple it to around £20,000 or so to keep him. Great money for a 19 year old, but I somehow expected him to be on more than £7k especially the season he's just had.

There was a time not too long ago when £20k/week was what we paid for seasoned 1st teamers. Other clubs around the league are still paying these amounts. I remember we had to break our wage structure to offer Anelka £40k/week which was well above our ceiling for any player at the time.

Denayer at this point has proved nothing about himself and until he does it in a City 1st team, as far as I'm concerned £20k/week is a ton of money for a kid who has yet to play a minute for this club. That being said, I think he has a great shot of forcing his way into the side, MDM's legs are already going and Mangala and Kompany have hardly been playing well enough to have their names in permanent marker on the teamsheet.

And Goal.com is pretty reliable but that's probably only because the bar is set so low by everyone else.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:30 am

Slim wrote:

There was a time not too long ago when £20k/week was what we paid for seasoned 1st teamers. Other clubs around the league are still paying these amounts. I remember we had to break our wage structure to offer Anelka £40k/week which was well above our ceiling for any player at the time.

Denayer at this point has proved nothing about himself and until he does it in a City 1st team, as far as I'm concerned £20k/week is a ton of money for a kid who has yet to play a minute for this club. That being said, I think he has a great shot of forcing his way into the side, MDM's legs are already going and Mangala and Kompany have hardly been playing well enough to have their names in permanent marker on the teamsheet.

And Goal.com is pretty reliable but that's probably only because the bar is set so low by everyone else.

He would argue he's proved himself at international level and in Europe during what he could claim to be a breakthrough season though, I think he needs an acknowledgement from us that we've seen him take the chances given to him. Hopefully it will be a performance related contract to keep him hungry.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:10 am

Dameerto wrote:
Slim wrote:

He would argue he's proved himself at international level and in Europe during what he could claim to be a breakthrough season though, I think he needs an acknowledgement from us that we've seen him take the chances given to him. Hopefully it will be a performance related contract to keep him hungry.

If you ever become the owner of a huge multinational lab company, you let me know. I'll come work for you and in a year's time or so I'll actually do some work, but you better not only pay me for that year, but also give me a huge raise right before I start actual work. All based on my past experience of course.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum