Denayer, Iheanacho and Lopes to be promoted

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Denayer, Iheanacho and Lopes to be promoted

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:If he is trusted in a Qualifier by his country, then I'd suggest he will probably play a big part in our campaign next time round. The Belgium boss obviously rates him, as does Delia at Celtic. A solid pre season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start with Mangala and Kompany in a back three

My thoughts too, there ranked number two in the world and have arguably there most important and hardest qualifier and he is trusted to start. Speaks volumes, looking forward to seeing how he gets on.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
blues2win wrote:Denayer starts for Belgium tonight against Wales

Excellent.

Good test for him in an important match, away. Game being broadcast here so will be watching.

What channel is it on, mate?
Scrub that, you're a good distance away.

Sky Sports 5 apparently.
Glad to hear Denayer starts, the Beeb were saying he was doubtful.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Time to check out Denayer (and De Bruyne)
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Bluedj » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:05 pm

De Bruyne looks brilliant, sign him up
Denayer has monkey boy in his pocket
Last edited by Bluedj on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
blues2win wrote:Denayer starts for Belgium tonight against Wales

Excellent.

Good test for him in an important match, away. Game being broadcast here so will be watching.

What channel is it on, mate?
Scrub that, you're a good distance away.

Sky Sports 5 apparently.
Glad to hear Denayer starts, the Beeb were saying he was doubtful.

Cheers.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Wales commit the foul (shirt pulling on Denayer) and Belgium get penalised for it. Welcome to life a senior City player Jason, get used to it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Bluedj » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:21 pm

Was a god awful back header too
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:49 pm

It should have been a free out.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:58 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:It should have been a free out.

could it have been a miscue because of his haircut?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 pm

Belgium are such underachievers. With that team they should be playing Wales off the pitch.

Denayer had very little to do, but what he does he does well.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:40 pm

mr_nool wrote:Belgium are such underachievers. With that team they should be playing Wales off the pitch.

Denayer had very little to do, but what he does he does well.

Agreed. Great result for Wales though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:16 pm

Denayer looks cool and composed. Looks a great prospect.de Bruyne looks what I thought, no better than competent and no pace. Don't fancy him. (boy is he ugly)Hazard flattering to deceive yet again. Lacks the two qualities an inverted winger must have, the ability to go outside and cross now and again, a killing far post curved shot when he comes inside
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:12 am

Denayer didn't have much to do, but he encountered Bale 1v1 just on one occasion, & Bale tried to do him for pace & Jason had him for breakfast.

The interesting thing about that, for me, was that it happened in the right back position. This season's version of Zaba, would have taken 3 paces, fell on his arse, & Bale would have been away.

I strongly believe Denayer should also be considered as cover for the right back position.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:57 am

We've just got him an entire seasons worth of experience (including European games) in central defence. I read a quote that was attributed to him saying that Wilmots' instructions when he played for Belgium was 'do what you do at Celtic'. We would be crazy to play him anywhere other than central defence until he is used to the Premier League and the first team. He will have plenty of coving for the fullbacks to do under Pellegrini's system anyway.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:36 am

Dameerto wrote:We've just got him an entire seasons worth of experience (including European games) in central defence. I read a quote that was attributed to him saying that Wilmots' instructions when he played for Belgium was 'do what you do at Celtic'. We would be crazy to play him anywhere other than central defence until he is used to the Premier League and the first team. He will have plenty of coving for the fullbacks to do under Pellegrini's system anyway.

Crazy because it's more difficult to play fullback ?

If Denayer can step straight into City's team as a cb, & play 20+ games, then there is no problem.

Imagine for a second, that we find he can't, & he gets caught out, or some purveyor of aerial bombardment like Pulis or LVG, decides to 'weigh on' him (as we used to say).

I think Denayer is one of the best prospects I've seen in world football. Notsure yet if that is cb in the Premier League, but here's what I'd do if I was a mid table team playing against City, with Denayer at cb. Get some big ugly Benteke type cunt to mark the other cb. Keep him occupied; follow him. Get two decent aerial players, preferably one other big ugly cunt, or a Fellaini super ugly cunt attacking Denayer's area on crosses.

I'm not a manager but I recon it's 50/50 that would finish him for the Prem this season. If I can see it, then proper managers should be able to. If he can cope with it, then he can probably play there every week & become our main cb. I'm not sure he can.

So let's imagine he struggles. So he becomes Boyata, sat watching & never playing.

Or, we could instead use him as cover for more than one position, in which case, I recon he will wipe the floor with Zaba & Sagna as right back. Then he plays & perhaps he gets used to the pace of the Prem, & the movement of our backline, & then moves across to cb, when we play vs more footballing/less aerial teams. I would also consider playing him at right back, or in front of the back 4 vs tough teams in the Champions League.

Not for his benefit, but for ours, as I believe he would do a better job.

The little pass Messi plays over our right back's head, 50 times per game, has to be a lot more accurate if Denayer is playing there, as he is 4 yards quicker, turns faster & more skillful at getting a foot to the ball.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:52 am

I must admit, I do like the thought of playing Denayer in front of the back four.

A combination of tacking ability and skill on the ball, in that position, would be highly beneficial for us and, IMHO, he could be far more accomplished at it than Mascherano, when he plays that same role for Argentina.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:09 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I must admit, I do like the thought of playing Denayer in front of the back four.

A combination of tacking ability and skill on the ball, in that position, would be highly beneficial for us and, IMHO, he could be far more accomplished at it than Mascherano, when he plays that same role for Argentina.

I think he's got a lot more to him than we have seen so far. He is sometimes a little bit unsure whether to try stuff & it occasionally leads to him either overdoing it or getting caught in two minds (very rarely I would add). But if & when he stettles down & starts to find the levels he is capable of & his limits, I see him as a someone who can beat players, get forward quickly, & thread through passes, as well as defend. At the moment he does it more as a sudden brainstorm than a plan, but one day..

Of course that could be from a cb position, but I just wonder.

He is unlucky imo, to be starting his career in the Prem, because in Spain, I think he could piss Mascherano's cb job in one season.

But Mascherano won't find himself marking Peter Crouch.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I must admit, I do like the thought of playing Denayer in front of the back four.

I think he's got a lot more to him than we have seen so far. He is sometimes a little bit unsure whether to try stuff & it occasionally leads to him either overdoing it or getting caught in two minds (very rarely I would add). But if & when he stettles down & starts to find the levels he is capable of & his limits, I see him as a someone who can beat players, get forward quickly, & thread through passes, as well as defend. At the moment he does it more as a sudden brainstorm than a plan, but one day..

Of course that could be from a cb position, but I just wonder.

He is unlucky imo, to be starting his career in the Prem, because in Spain, I think he could piss Mascherano's cb job in one season.

But Mascherano won't find himself marking Peter Crouch.

Or Fernando Llorente for that matter.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dameerto wrote:We've just got him an entire seasons worth of experience (including European games) in central defence. I read a quote that was attributed to him saying that Wilmots' instructions when he played for Belgium was 'do what you do at Celtic'. We would be crazy to play him anywhere other than central defence until he is used to the Premier League and the first team. He will have plenty of coving for the fullbacks to do under Pellegrini's system anyway.

If Denayer can step straight into City's team as a cb, & play 20+ games, then there is no problem.

Imagine for a second, that we find he can't, & he gets caught out, or some purveyor of aerial bombardment like Pulis or LVG, decides to 'weigh on' him (as we used to say).

I think Denayer is one of the best prospects I've seen in world football. Notsure yet if that is cb in the Premier League, but here's what I'd do if I was a mid table team playing against City, with Denayer at cb. Get some big ugly Benteke type cunt to mark the other cb. Keep him occupied; follow him. Get two decent aerial players, preferably one other big ugly cunt, or a Fellaini super ugly cunt attacking Denayer's area on crosses.

I'm not a manager but I recon it's 50/50 that would finish him for the Prem this season. If I can see it, then proper managers should be able to. If he can cope with it, then he can probably play there every week & become our main cb. I'm not sure he can.

So let's imagine he struggles. So he becomes Boyata, sat watching & never playing.

Or, we could instead use him as cover for more than one position, in which case, I recon he will wipe the floor with Zaba & Sagna as right back. Then he plays & perhaps he gets used to the pace of the Prem, & the movement of our backline, & then moves across to cb, when we play vs more footballing/less aerial teams. I would also consider playing him at right back, or in front of the back 4 vs tough teams in the Champions League.

The little pass Messi plays over our right back's head, 50 times per game, has to be a lot more accurate if Denayer is playing there, as he is 4 yards quicker, turns faster & more skillful at getting a foot to the ball.

No, let's imagine he is fully integrated with the first team in the position he has just played in anger for the past season (including internationals and in Europe) before we start tinkering.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:39 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

No, let's imagine he is fully integrated with the first team in the position he has just played in anger for the past season (including internationals and in Europe) before we start tinkering.

We already have imagined it; that is the first line of my post above.

The rest is about the very realistic possibility that there's a chance it might not work quite so easily & what could happen, should that situation arise.

Perhaps your post should read 'let's pretend everything in football always works as planned & not consider any alternative possibility ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum