Denayer, Iheanacho and Lopes to be promoted

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Denayer, Iheanacho and Lopes to be promoted

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:32 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:poor lopes has hardly been mentioned at all....
not really seen anything of his time in france... do those that have think he's got what it takes to make an impact in our first team?

as far as players go, this lad is the most exciting IMO, I love his touch and vision. He is the type of player I love to watch, he seems to have so much time on the ball and doesnt panic, just like our Merlin.

I would just love one of these players to come through and make a real mark on the team. More than a couple of league cup games and the odd subs appearance and I think this is the lad to do it. Not saying Denayer and Nacho aren't excellent prospects but Lopes has a very real opportunity to step into the Milner void, even getting himself above the likes of Navas and maybe, just maybe, the club will make the smart move and move Nasri on this summer.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:18 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:Correct Ted but Vinny does need to shape up this season. He can't afford a repeat of last season. Same for Zaba.

Absolutely & if he doesn't hit form quickly then he shouldn't be first choice in the team, but that's a lot different than being sold & replaced by a kid who hasn't even kicked a ball in the Premier League.

Once again, the article I posted a while back with Keown interviewing Vieira gave a good indication how City view Vincent Kompany & how they see him in the future.

I agree in part Ted. However, things change quickly in this game and if Kompany shows no signs of returning to past glories, he will be discarded. Thats just the way it works and he knows it, so I am hoping for a reaction.

Exactly the point, if Kompany doesn't adapt to his situation either by regaining what he's lost or adapting his style of play, he goes. It has to be that way.

Whether he is replaced by a 19, 21, or 27 year old is irrelevant in the end Ted, if he can't cut it no more, he goes.

If you want to have your team at the top, you can't keep players around who cost points game in game out for sentimentality.

If we're still in this situation next summer, I'd be fucking furious if the club don't look to move him on, as it would be rank bad management.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:12 am

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
not really seen anything of his time in france... do those that have think he's got what it takes to make an impact in our first team?

as far as players go, this lad is the most exciting IMO, I love his touch and vision. He is the type of player I love to watch, he seems to have so much time on the ball and doesnt panic, just like our Merlin.

I would just love one of these players to come through and make a real mark on the team. More than a couple of league cup games and the odd subs appearance and I think this is the lad to do it. Not saying Denayer and Nacho aren't excellent prospects but Lopes has a very real opportunity to step into the Milner void, even getting himself above the likes of Navas and maybe, just maybe, the club will make the smart move and move Nasri on this summer.

It would be good for an English player like Lopes to come through as well, wouldn't it Slim ;)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:04 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:Correct Ted but Vinny does need to shape up this season. He can't afford a repeat of last season. Same for Zaba.

Absolutely & if he doesn't hit form quickly then he shouldn't be first choice in the team, but that's a lot different than being sold & replaced by a kid who hasn't even kicked a ball in the Premier League.

Once again, the article I posted a while back with Keown interviewing Vieira gave a good indication how City view Vincent Kompany & how they see him in the future.

I agree in part Ted. However, things change quickly in this game and if Kompany shows no signs of returning to past glories, he will be discarded. Thats just the way it works and he knows it, so I am hoping for a reaction.

Exactly the point, if Kompany doesn't adapt to his situation either by regaining what he's lost or adapting his style of play, he goes. It has to be that way.

Whether he is replaced by a 19, 21, or 27 year old is irrelevant in the end Ted, if he can't cut it no more, he goes.

If you want to have your team at the top, you can't keep players around who cost points game in game out for sentimentality.

If we're still in this situation next summer, I'd be fucking furious if the club don't look to move him on, as it would be rank bad management.

It isn't irrelevant at all.

A 19 year old kid in the Premier League will get tired & lose form, & need taking out of the firing line. It happens 100% of the time.

Replacing the captain full time with a kid, is a non starter, & likely to ruin him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:38 am

Mase wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

It would be good for an English player like Lopes to come through as well, wouldn't it Slim ;)

I seem to be doing the daily mail's work for them these days.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:28 am

Just finished watching Portugal beat the homeland NZ 2-1. Lopes was immense. He stands out in what is a very good Portugese team from what I've watched of them.

Iheanacho left on the bench *sigh* as Germany knocked them out 1 nil. Nwakali though got on for 10 minutes I see. From what I saw of that game Nigeria had no clue.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:54 am

Might be a bit cynical, but it wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Iheanacho, Isaac Success, Nwakali, Yahaya and Moses Simon have been riding the bench to put the 'local' players in the shop window.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

It isn't irrelevant at all.

A 19 year old kid in the Premier League will get tired & lose form, & need taking out of the firing line. It happens 100% of the time.

Replacing the captain full time with a kid, is a non starter, & likely to ruin him.

I get it, you don't think Kompany should be replaced no matter how shit he proves to be next season, but stop making things up to suit your argument.

Who said anything about a 19 year old playing every game? There is this concept, you may have heard of it, of a 'squad'.

If Kompany was shipped out next summer, we may (and I'd wager probably would) go and sign an experienced defender as Kompany's 'replacement'. Denayer, if he was good enough may still be picking up the slack from Demichelis as he declines (or leaves) or rotating with Mangala. Either way, we'd need another centre half in the squad to replace Kompany, or Kompany may even be relegated right down the pecking order - a situation I'm sure he wouldn't be happy with, and that we couldn't afford to sustain as one of our highest paid players.

All I want to see, is players picked on merit not on sentiment. You made the argument about Beckham, I made the argument about Rooney yesterday in the England thread, the Kompany argument is the exact same.....you don't keep picking him because of an image or a history, you pick the best team on the day. Kompany doesn't get into the best team at the moment, and if he doesn't buck up, will fall even further down the pecking order. If the club did nothing, they would be derelicting their duty.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:11 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:I get it, you don't think Kompany should be replaced no matter how shit he proves to be next season, but stop making things up to suit your argument.

Who said anything about a 19 year old playing every game? There is this concept, you may have heard of it, of a 'squad'.

If Kompany was shipped out next summer, we may (and I'd wager probably would) go and sign an experienced defender as Kompany's 'replacement'. Denayer, if he was good enough may still be picking up the slack from Demichelis as he declines (or leaves) or rotating with Mangala. Either way, we'd need another centre half in the squad to replace Kompany, or Kompany may even be relegated right down the pecking order - a situation I'm sure he wouldn't be happy with, and that we couldn't afford to sustain as one of our highest paid players.

All I want to see, is players picked on merit not on sentiment. You made the argument about Beckham, I made the argument about Rooney yesterday in the England thread, the Kompany argument is the exact same.....you don't keep picking him because of an image or a history, you pick the best team on the day. Kompany doesn't get into the best team at the moment, and if he doesn't buck up, will fall even further down the pecking order. If the club did nothing, they would be derelicting their duty.

You did.

Im_Spartacus wrote:
He needs to learn to adapt with age to his physical deterioration, and I'd like to think he can, but so far he is really struggling badly to do this. If he can't do it in the next 12 months, I'd say we would need to move him on if Denayer is the real deal, and this indeed may be the clubs plan, as I'm sure the sports scientists will know exactly what's going on with vince

That's Denayer replacing Kompany, & completely different to what you are saying now, which is signing a player to replace him if he doesn't get his shit together & makes sense. Which is undoubtably what they would have to do, seeing as Denayer is 19, Demichelis is 100 & Mangala is, so far, completely unreliable.

I would back that decision 100% if Kompany was the worst of the 4 cbs.

I wouldn't back it at all if he was the 3rd worst, I'd want the worst one to go.

Kompany won't be our worst cb, so he'll be staying.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:13 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:I get it, you don't think Kompany should be replaced no matter how shit he proves to be next season, but stop making things up to suit your argument.

You did.

Im_Spartacus wrote:
He needs to learn to adapt with age to his physical deterioration, and I'd like to think he can, but so far he is really struggling badly to do this. If he can't do it in the next 12 months, I'd say we would need to move him on if Denayer is the real deal, and this indeed may be the clubs plan, as I'm sure the sports scientists will know exactly what's going on with vince

That's Denayer replacing Kompany, & completely different to what you are saying now, which is signing a player to replace him if he doesn't get his shit together & makes sense. Which is undoubtably what they would have to do, seeing as Denayer is 19, Demichelis is 100 & Mangala is, so far, completely unreliable.

I wouldn't back it at all if he was the 3rd worst, I'd want the worst one to go.

I don't see how you've arrived at that meaning that Denayer should play 50 games - Kompany himself has played less than 30 league games in each of the last 3 seasons. If Kompany left next summer, we would need one more CB in the squad regardless, as all Denayer is doing at the moment is replacing Boyata. It doesnt matter which one of the was considered 'replacing' kompany the end outcome would be the same.

And he's already our worst CB, so you're on shaky fucking ground already for your prediction
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:17 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

You did.

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Are my eyes deceiving me? I still can't see where I said Denayer should play 50 games

And he's already our worst CB, so you're on shaky fucking ground already

If he's replacing Kompany, he will be our main cb.

Perhaps it's not as noticable on tv, but Demichelis is on his last legs & has been very lucky in the last few games, with some quite horrible moments of crap defending which would most certainly be flagged viciously on here, if it wasn't for the fact that Kompany is the current whipping boy.

This will change, very quickly. Demichelis is boderline past it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

You did.

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Are my eyes deceiving me? I still can't see where I said Denayer should play 50 games

And he's already our worst CB, so you're on shaky fucking ground already

If he's replacing Kompany, he will be our main cb.

Perhaps it's not as noticable on tv, but Demichelis is on his last legs & has been very lucky in the last few games, with some quite horrible moments of crap defending which would most certainly be flagged viciously on here, if it wasn't for the fact that Kompany is the current whipping boy.

This will change, very quickly. Demichelis is boderline past it.

I'd agree on the point of Demichelis, this year will definitely be the year for strengthening midfield, but next year will require some major surgery to the defence, possibly to include an RB and LB replacement also, on the assumption that the kids on the verge of a breakthrough in those positions also won't play full seasons first time round. Of course, none might even be good enough, in which case we're gonna have to spend a lot of fucking cash!

Even with that being the case, I'd be unhappy with Kompany getting a free pass just because of circumstances. His wages alone would free up opportunities to sign 2 very good players.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby clippo22 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:00 pm

I'm sure Vince will be back to his best next year.

Isn't there a saying about form and class? ;)
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:05 pm

clippo22 wrote:I'm sure Vince will be back to his best next year.

Isn't there a saying about form and class? ;)

There is, and I'm sure we all hope you're right. No harm in asking 'what if' though - as Ted's pointed out, if we have to replace Demichelis next year, plus potentially Zabba and Clichy, we could really do without having to buy a full back 4, which is the sad reality if Vince's head is still in the clouds.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:29 pm

Slim wrote:
Mase wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I seem to be doing the daily mail's work for them these days.

I predict a phone hacking scandal in your future.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:48 pm

Denayer starts for Belgium tonight against Wales
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:54 pm

blues2win wrote:Denayer starts for Belgium tonight against Wales

Excellent.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Excellent.

Good test for him in an important match, away. Game being broadcast here so will be watching.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:09 pm

PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Excellent.

Good test for him in an important match, away. Game being broadcast here so will be watching.

What channel is it on, mate?
Scrub that, you're a good distance away.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:13 pm

If he is trusted in a Qualifier by his country, then I'd suggest he will probably play a big part in our campaign next time round. The Belgium boss obviously rates him, as does Delia at Celtic. A solid pre season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start with Mangala and Kompany in a back three
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum