Denayer, Iheanacho and Lopes to be promoted

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Denayer, Iheanacho and Lopes to be promoted

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Yep, seriously happy about this. I reckon he must be nailed on for the first-team squad, also.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:35 pm

Thank fuck for that.

I would have had a feeling of misery underneath, no matter who we signed, if he'd left.

Great news.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Thank fuck for that.

I would have had a feeling of misery underneath, no matter who we signed, if he'd left.

Great news.

Oddly enough Ted, this is one I never doubted.
Maybe just a case of ignorance being bliss.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:48 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Yep, seriously happy about this. I reckon he must be nailed on for the first-team squad, also.

Belief is he going to be 4th choice CB but given Demi's age and Vince's injury issues you can bank on him getting a good chunk of games.

Excited to see him push on this season, he could be the first top tier level player to breakthrough from our academy since Micah!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:51 pm

Blue Blood wrote:Denayer signing on could be signing of the summer for us.

HUGE future ahead for him!

Just thought the same. This is like spending 25m on an amazing young defender imho. Two years from now that might not be a daydream.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:01 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Thank fuck for that.

Great news.

Oddly enough Ted, this is one I never doubted.
Maybe just a case of ignorance being bliss.

Same here mate, on both counts probably. I never take anything agents say while contract negotiations are ongoing seriously anyway.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:01 pm

Blue Blood wrote:Denayer signing on could be signing of the summer for us.

HUGE future ahead for him!

Agreed. Tip top signing that is.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:03 am

Shame none of them count as homegrown yet. One more year for Lopes and Denayer and two years for Iheanacho.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:09 am

Actually Denayer will never be homegrown player because of three days. He signed for us 1st of july 2013 and he turned 18 28th of june same year meaning he will not have played precisely 36 months for the club before his 21st birthday. That's how I understand at least.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:10 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Actually Denayer will never be homegrown player because of three days. He signed for us 1st of july 2013 and he turned 18 28th of june same year meaning he will not have played precisely 36 months for the club before his 21st birthday. That's how I understand at least.

You sure? Are you saying he now will occupy one of our 17 Foregn spots?because if you are right we are in trouble.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:22 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Actually Denayer will never be homegrown player because of three days. He signed for us 1st of july 2013 and he turned 18 28th of june same year meaning he will not have played precisely 36 months for the club before his 21st birthday. That's how I understand at least.

You sure? Are you saying he now will occupy one of our 17 Foregn spots?because if you are right we are in trouble.

They all will at this stage if I've understood the fairly complicated rules correctly.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby twosips » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:23 am

He's u21 so doesn't occupy any spots, but i'm not 100% sure NQDP is right on his eligibility but we'll see. Either way, he's u21 and he'll just take Demi's spot eventually if so.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:24 am

"A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21)."

It's all good he will be classed as homegrown
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:30 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

"A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21)."

As the rules say, he signed for us three days after his 18th birthday meaning he will have spent 36 months three days after his 21st brithday meaning he doesn't qualify by three days. Football season officially starts 1st of july and again he misses by three days.

He will not count as homegrown.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:45 am

That would be very petty - oh wait, uefa
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:55 am

Wooders wrote:That would be very petty - oh wait, uefa

That's what I said from the day one when they introduced these rules! Players are generally looked into as age groups but UEFA looks into it throughtheir own silly transfer windows. This is of course the exteme example missing out by three days but it should have been "the year player turns 18" or something along those lines. You can't sign players outside windows and considering rapid developement of this kids during their formative years 6 months between january and july is lkke decade for older players.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:56 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

As the rules say, he signed for us three days after his 18th birthday meaning he will have spent 36 months three days after his 21st brithday meaning he doesn't qualify by three days. Football season officially starts 1st of july and again he misses by three days.

He will not count as homegrown.

I believe you're misinterpreting the rule, he will have spent three seasons with us prior to the end of the season in which he turns 21.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:11 am

That's what I said from the day one when they introduced these rules! Players are generally looked into as age groups but UEFA looks into it throughtheir own silly transfer windows. This is of course the exteme example missing out by three days but it should have been "the year player turns 18" or something along those lines. You can't sign players outside windows and considering rapid developement of this kids during their formative years 6 months between january and july is lkke decade for older players.

(or the end of the Season during which he turns 21)
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:14 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:

Would that be the season that finished in May, the month before he turned 21 or the following season as he turns 21 in the off season
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:

Would that be the season that finished in May, the month before he turned 21 or the following season as he turns 21 in the off season

While the competitions mostly stop in may, the official end of the season to my knowledge is last day of june and new season begins 1st of july according to UEFA.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum