Denayer, Iheanacho and Lopes to be promoted

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Denayer, Iheanacho and Lopes to be promoted

Postby twosips » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:16 am

If you really think the idea of paying 20k a week, 1/10th of what Yaya is on, to arguably the most exciting young centre back in the world is a big deal in this day and age then it's you that's got the problem there, Slim.

It's absolutely peanuts considering what he could be potentially worth! He'll still be the lowest paid member of the first team squad by some way. Comparing the wages we pay now to what we paid ten years ago when we were shit is just a bit pointless.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:59 am

I think the amounts we are talking about are incredulous and demand an incredulous response. If you don't think there is a problem with paying a kid £20k/week and thinking it's not enough, I submit that it's not me with the problem.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:02 am

Slim wrote:I think the amounts we are talking about are incredulous and demand an incredulous response. If you don't think there is a problem with paying a kid £20k/week and thinking it's not enough, I submit that it's not me with the problem.

you sound like brenda bodgers
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby twosips » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:05 am

He's not just any kid though anymore is he? Even if he technically is, age and all, he's past that already. If it was Barker, yeah i'd agree but he's proven himself vastly more developed and that he's an exceptional talent. The average premier league wage is around £30k+ these days, and this is still considerably less than that.

He won the Scottish young player of the year award, he's soon 20 and he's just broke into one of the best national teams around, alongside some of the best players in the world. His manager says he has world class potential and talked about him having a bigger future than Kompany. £20k, whether you like it or not, is totally fair given his potential and how sought after he is. In fact, its nothing these days, especially considering he will be a much used squad player this season, and he'll be considerably underpaid compared to most of the players he gets games alongside.

If you wanna take the 'the games gone mad' approach and moan about money, fair enough, we all know that and agree. To argue that given the context of everything that this wage is too much though is just, in my opinion, a bit silly. It's totally fair.

Sure, save £10-15k, but then we lose him and we have our own rag-like Pogba scenario. Foolish.
Last edited by twosips on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 am

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:16 am

That just reminds me that I saw on tinternet tother day, City linked with trying to poach Charly Musonda from Chelsea. Well, 'sign' rather than 'poach' I suppose.

Would be intersting if they let him go, because imo he's by far the most talented footballer, but it seems to me that the blokes they rate, have to be 6ft tall at least.

If this happened it would rubber stamp that idea.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:29 am

Slim wrote:I think the amounts we are talking about are incredulous and demand an incredulous response. If you don't think there is a problem with paying a kid £20k/week and thinking it's not enough, I submit that it's not me with the problem.

I'm sure we can all agree that in isolation the numbers are outrageous.

However in perspective, it's less than half the average premier league wage, which, given he is a full international with an exceptionally good season behind him, and will be a part of a squad challenging for the championship next season, is hard to argue against.

If he signed for Celtic, he'd be on 20k a week on merit and nobody in Scotland would bat an eyelid. Just because he won't play every game here, doesn't make him any less deserving of what he is worth in the market, whether we agree with it or not.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Slim wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Slim wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:How reliable a source is Goal?
They report that Denayer would only be on about £7,000 a week and that City are about to triple it to around £20,000 or so to keep him. Great money for a 19 year old, but I somehow expected him to be on more than £7k especially the season he's just had.
Signing him for £20K a week sounds a pretty good deal.....for City.

There was a time not too long ago when £20k/week was what we paid for seasoned 1st teamers. Other clubs around the league are still paying these amounts. I remember we had to break our wage structure to offer Anelka £40k/week which was well above our ceiling for any player at the time.

Denayer at this point has proved nothing about himself and until he does it in a City 1st team, as far as I'm concerned £20k/week is a ton of money for a kid who has yet to play a minute for this club. That being said, I think he has a great shot of forcing his way into the side, MDM's legs are already going and Mangala and Kompany have hardly been playing well enough to have their names in permanent marker on the teamsheet.

And Goal.com is pretty reliable but that's probably only because the bar is set so low by everyone else.

He would argue he's proved himself at international level and in Europe during what he could claim to be a breakthrough season though, I think he needs an acknowledgement from us that we've seen him take the chances given to him. Hopefully it will be a performance related contract to keep him hungry.

If you ever become the owner of a huge multinational lab company, you let me know. I'll come work for you and in a year's time or so I'll actually do some work, but you better not only pay me for that year, but also give me a huge raise right before I start actual work. All based on my past experience of course.

You'd get minimum wage. I'd add a monthly charge for accountancy services for issuing you with a wage slip too, just to take your actual pay under the minimum.. Now haven't you got some test tubes that need washing?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Just as a thought, how much of Sterling wanting out from the dippers is down to him being pissed off, that as their best player and on £35k a week when the likes of Balo and starfish were on upwards of £150k a week. Footballers can bleat all they want about about this and that but the common denominator is money
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bigblue » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:04 am

Some nice press for Nacho and the academy from a few weeks ago (with a few videos of goals he's scored):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2488 ... ys-academy
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:14 am

bigblue wrote:Some nice press for Nacho and the academy from a few weeks ago (with a few videos of goals he's scored):

One of the things I liked about his goal against the Scum was that, after scoring a goal of such supreme artistry, he simply picked the ball out of the back of the net, kept the celebration (if you can even call it that) to the barest of minimums (minima) and ran back to the half way line just wanting to get on with the game again.

Most refreshing and I hope he keeps that particular mindset when he plays in the first team and I sure he will.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:36 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
bigblue wrote:Some nice press for Nacho and the academy from a few weeks ago (with a few videos of goals he's scored):

One of the things I liked about his goal against the Scum was that, after scoring a goal of such supreme artistry, he simply picked the ball out of the back of the net, kept the celebration (if you can even call it that) to the barest of minimums (minima) and ran back to the half way line just wanting to get on with the game again.

Most refreshing and I hope he keeps that particular mindset when he plays in the first team and I sure he will.

"When a postman delivers letters, does he celebrate?"
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:38 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

It was as if he expects himself to do such things regularly, very much like Balotelli was. I like that attitude, although when you score against the filth a celebration is nice. I'd still be running round now if I'd scored that. But I don't expect to be able to pull that sort of thing off.

I am very much looking forward to seeing these lads in the first team.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:42 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

"When a postman delivers letters, does he celebrate?"

He might if he was 'delivering' letters from France.......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:06 pm

Well Denayer has his new deal now, so his agent can fuck off.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... 1436789872

Jason Denayer has signed a new five-year contract with City.

The Belgium international, 20, spent the 2014/15 campaign on loan with Scottish Premier League champions Celtic, winning a host of individual awards in the process, and, having been an unused sub for Belgium on four occasions last year, made his senior Red Devils debut against Israel in March.

He has since won another two caps for his country, but it was Denayer’s spell North of the Border that really progressed his fledgling career.

He made 44 appearances in all competitions for Celtic last season, scoring six goals and claimed the SPL Young Player of the Year award, as well as the club’s own Young Player of the Year award in the process.

Belgium boss Marc Wilmots believes the young defender has a bright future ahead of him, saying: “Jason is always calm. I’ve never seen him nervous; he has a lot of confidence.

“He has enormous potential and if he continues to evolve at the rate he is progressing, he can be world class."

Denayer will now fly out to join the senior squad for pre-season training in Australia
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:15 pm

john@staustell wrote:Well Denayer has his new deal now, so his agent can fuck off.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... 1436789872

Jason Denayer has signed a new five-year contract with City.

The Belgium international, 20, spent the 2014/15 campaign on loan with Scottish Premier League champions Celtic, winning a host of individual awards in the process, and, having been an unused sub for Belgium on four occasions last year, made his senior Red Devils debut against Israel in March.

He has since won another two caps for his country, but it was Denayer’s spell North of the Border that really progressed his fledgling career.

He made 44 appearances in all competitions for Celtic last season, scoring six goals and claimed the SPL Young Player of the Year award, as well as the club’s own Young Player of the Year award in the process.

Belgium boss Marc Wilmots believes the young defender has a bright future ahead of him, saying: “Jason is always calm. I’ve never seen him nervous; he has a lot of confidence.

“He has enormous potential and if he continues to evolve at the rate he is progressing, he can be world class."

Denayer will now fly out to join the senior squad for pre-season training in Australia

FANDABIDOZI

Great news, well done Jason, welcome to the senior ranks
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:15 pm

great news.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Phew,great news.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Fab news. I'm really excited about this guy.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Denayer signing on could be signing of the summer for us.

HUGE future ahead for him!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum