Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:11 pm

I know I shouldn't have, but I had a look on the Bluemong Transfer Forum for the first time in years and it is worse than ever.

That guy who pretends to know all the goings on at the club has even more followers and they now just reply with "He has spoken" whenever he posts. "Tolm" is his nickname, superbly shortened from "Tolmie's Hairdo" or soemthing.

Ah lads, it's terrible to think we have fully grown men who not only believe this shit, but actually worship it. And I refuse to believe all of those fuckers chasing after him are kids. No way. Some of them are mods and they ban anyone who questions him.

It's a scary place to go, but I do it every couple of years just to remind myself of that fact.

What really gets me is that we had some long term posters move permanently to that loony bin. How can you spend chilling here in the cool cunts' lounge and then pack it all in to be a sheep.

I'm pretty sure I saw Ian Bishops Hair putting up a clapping gif after "Tolm spoke".
If that's Beeks then he has done a full 360.

Sigh.
Original Dub

Postby LoveCityHateUtd » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:34 pm

He talked a lot a shit last year, then went off in a sulk when someone challenging him on the FACT that he got everything wrong.
LoveCityHateUtd
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooooooooooo

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Dippers are still shopping on the south coast (other good shopping venues are available) and have snapped up Clyne (one of their better deals) They have obviously told him he has to do it the Liverpool way and told him to read this statement out loud

PMSL, what a crock of shite

At least England might have an actual rightback playing there now ahead of slack faced Duncan Edwards.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:40 pm

Original Dub wrote:I know I shouldn't have, but I had a look on the Bluemong Transfer Forum for the first time in years and it is worse than ever.

That guy who pretends to know all the goings on at the club has even more followers and they now just reply with "He has spoken" whenever he posts. "Tolm" is his nickname, superbly shortened from "Tolmie's Hairdo" or soemthing.

Ah lads, it's terrible to think we have fully grown men who not only believe this shit, but actually worship it. And I refuse to believe all of those fuckers chasing after him are kids. No way. Some of them are mods and they ban anyone who questions him.

It's a scary place to go, but I do it every couple of years just to remind myself of that fact.

What really gets me is that we had some long term posters move permanently to that loony bin. How can you spend chilling here in the cool cunts' lounge and then pack it all in to be a sheep.

I'm pretty sure I saw Ian Bishops Hair putting up a clapping gif after "Tolm spoke".

Sigh.

What makes you think it may be Beeks?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:42 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I know I shouldn't have, but I had a look on the Bluemong Transfer Forum for the first time in years and it is worse than ever.

Sigh.

That used to be his user name on here until he changed it to beeks.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:44 pm

Tbf Beeks was a bit of a weirdo on here as well, threatening to beat up people on a regular basis 'n all.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:46 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Sigh.

Ah right, cheers. Is Beeks from Rusholme and is he a SS season ticket holder?

I've gone all Columbo on this shit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Thing is, that tolmie is an ITK cos he works in the media. So he's a journalist basically. Just cos hes a forum user and a City fan why is he more reliable than any cunt writing for any national paper?

Answer - he isn't. People just choose to believe whatever they want. It'll be quite funny seeing the meltdown on there if we dont get these players the ITKs were promising.

'Where's your Tolmie god know believers?'

Honestly think I could set up a new account, speak with relative authority and have em eating out of my hands if i wanted.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:52 pm

twosips wrote:Thing is, that tolmie is an ITK cos he works in the media. So he's a journalist basically. Just cos hes a forum user and a City fan why is he more reliable than any cunt writing for any national paper?

Answer - he isn't. People just choose to believe whatever they want. It'll be quite funny seeing the meltdown on there if we dont get these players the ITKs were promising.

Honestly think I could set up a new account, speak with relative authority and have em eating out of my hands if i wanted.

Out of interest, who are they promising?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ruralblue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:54 pm

It got that bad over there with the tolmie fella that he even resorted to handing our his rumours via You Tube videos. Am with you about them hanging on his every word, not right. Think the bloke got it right about one player in the past but it wad someone we were linked with anyways.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:58 pm

I still have a look in there and realise why I didn't last a wet week on their forum. TBH though, I actually find a lot of it funny and I don't really believe that most of them are taking it seriously. A lot are just taking the piss.
There was great excitement when someone posted pictures of blue cones or bollards being placed outside the Etihad, last night.
People sstarted taking the mickey about it being a sign.
It's just a bit of fun and a diversion from the boredom of nothing happening, really.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
twosips wrote:Thing is, that tolmie is an ITK cos he works in the media. So he's a journalist basically. Just cos hes a forum user and a City fan why is he more reliable than any cunt writing for any national paper?

Out of interest, who are they promising?

Did this whole spiel about City going 'Def con 1' and blowing everyone out the water and sealing deals for Pogba, KDB and Sterling dramatically. I mean it might happen, but there's so much arrogance floating about when any fucker could have guessed this.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:10 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Sigh.

Ah right, cheers. Is Beeks from Rusholme and is he a SS season ticket holder?

I've gone all Columbo on this shit.

Don't know where his from, but he is SS season ticket holder. built like a bear and with a hipster beard.
Frequently seen with a Sherlock Holmes, puffing on an e-cigarette.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:36 pm

If there was such a person out there that the top wigs at the club felt compelled to tell everything to, I fucking doubt it would be someone who posts Neil Diamond youtube videos on a transfer forum, so hoards of kids and slow men can lavish him with praise.

Does that sound like the trustworthy type to you?

I'd be happy just to know the information myself. I would get no buzz out of giving clues or posting music videos based on this info.

IWT2012 - I went on that forum when this one was down a couple of years ago and I got fucked off it within 24 hours for asking about the reliability of this false god.

A mod though it was an offence that warranted a lifetime ban. To a fellow blue who didn't believe "Tolm".

I cringe when I think that that pile of shite is a City forum.
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:If there was such a person out there that the top wigs at the club felt compelled to tell everything to, I fucking doubt it would be someone who posts Neil Diamond youtube videos on a transfer forum, so hoards of kids and slow men can lavish him with praise.

I'd be happy just to know the information myself. I would get no buzz out of giving clues or posting music videos based on this info.

IWT2012 - I went on that forum when this one was down a couple of years ago and I got fucked off it within 24 hours for asking about the reliability of this false god.

A mod though it was an offence that warranted a lifetime ban. To a fellow blue who didn't believe "Tolm".

Granted, that forum should come with a Government Health Warning but, more importantly, have you managed to recover fully from the ordeal ??

Do you think you might need counselling ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:52 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:If there was such a person out there that the top wigs at the club felt compelled to tell everything to, I fucking doubt it would be someone who posts Neil Diamond youtube videos on a transfer forum, so hoards of kids and slow men can lavish him with praise.

Granted, that forum should come with a Government Health Warning but, more importantly, have you managed to recover fully from the ordeal ??

Do you think you might need counselling ??

The transfer thread is comedy gold. In fairness though you do get some decent breakdowns of Finances and legality on the FFP thread from one or two posters. That's the main reason I look in. I totally gave up on trying to join in though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:03 pm

Sigh.

It is a madhouse there for sure , I used to have a play on it for a couple of years , it did my head in tbh and it could get a bit tasty very quickly at times , some good lads on there though who post real good stuff , shame most of it gets lost very quickly due to the mentioned madness .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:04 pm

That would be some shock signing if Stoke manage to agree a deal with Xherdan Shaqiri.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:25 pm

Inter sign Miranda from Atletico. Mancini is restructuring his squad.
Wonder if they will have the funds for Jovetic
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:26 pm

Green & Blue wrote:That would be some shock signing if Stoke manage to agree a deal with Xherdan Shaqiri.

Fair play to Hughes.

He has rebuilt his reputation down there. An outside bet for a Europa slot next season
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum