Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby blues2win » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:58 am

I think the implication is that he may not be all that sick.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:02 pm

"If the club doctors assess him and find that he is not sick, then the club can hit him with several disciplinary measures..."

Can they yeah? Like if he says he is under severe duress due to his work environment and has lately becoming anxious or depressed...

They'd find themselves in serious shit if they fined him on the back of that information.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:03 pm

blues2win wrote:I think the implication is that he may not be all that sick.

Of course he's feeling a bit peaky. He's been awake all night answering crank phone calls.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Rodgers and his Group, who are all on the same page, amazing love from the scousers again ? Great club my arse !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bigblue » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:45 pm

a bit strange but gave me a chuckle:

Watch on youtube.com
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Excellent video.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:Excellent video.

Welcome to June fucknut. That's been around for a while.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Guardian say City in no hurry to increase the offer for Sterling. Maybe letting Liverpool twist in the wind a bit.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Lee_R » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Whats this about a 10:30pm announcment and a rumour that we've signed Robben?... hmm
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:38 pm

Tick tock
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:50 pm

blues2win wrote:Guardian say City in no hurry to increase the offer for Sterling. Maybe letting Liverpool twist in the wind a bit.

Good.....lets cause some internal strife at Bodgers corner.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:54 pm

Annnd...

Sterling tells Rodgers he does not want to play for him anymore due to not taking seriously his desire to leave Liverpool to further his career.

Apparently Rodgers didn't inform him of the initial inquiries from us and United.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Excellent video.

Welcome to June fucknut. That's been around for a while.

Cheers

Welcome to the Internet shitbag. You get old, videos don't.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:20 pm

PrezIke wrote:Annnd...

Sterling tells Rodgers he does not want to play for him anymore due to not taking seriously his desire to leave Liverpool to further his career.

Apparently Rodgers didn't inform him of the initial inquiries from us and United.

If Twitter is to be believed, the latest is that Sterling believes Rodgers leaked his mobile number for the third time. Glad I never started on Twitter. How do you know what's real and what's not.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:48 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Annnd...

If Twitter is to be believed, the latest is that Sterling believes Rodgers leaked his mobile number for the third time. Glad I never started on Twitter. How do you know what's real and what's not.

There's a war out there going on for talent and really it's just "all in the game."

Sure, some of these stories are thrown out to slag off a player we are targeting, but this is Liverpool and an English player with a lot of potential that traditionalists always want to see "stay" with their club. It's funny because in American sport someone like Sterling would "test free agency" or "push for a trade" and there would not be the same kind of venom thrown at him. Sometimes it happens, but if you win the critics go silent.

Yes, there have been some players' decisions to leave their club that have been seen as the result of agent engineering but the reality is that an individual player's life span is short, and opportunities may not be frequent to move up. If Liverpool won the league the year before maybe they would have been able to keep him, but they lost Suarez, fair or not, and they lost stature, internationally, and are not signing nor have players that put them as likely title contenders.

This is just how it is, and for him to receive the level of criticism he does is funny. Could he and his agent have handled this all better? Maybe, but I recall the interview late in the season being completely spun outside of what I head him say. He said he's not a "money grabbing 20 year old." Somehow it was then turned into all he wants is money. I really had a laugh at this one. He wants to be on a top team to prove himself at this level, as he showed himself when they were in the race with us, and the quality we saw last season until the rumours of his desire to go were beginning to surface.

Liverpool is not entitled to keep him due to their "history" if they aren't doing that now. Sterling can be a real star, and this is not the old-era despite the whinging out there. Sorry. This may upset traditionalist fans but that's really how it is. Yes, we have more cash and can offer that as an additional incentive, but we also have seen the alleged downsides of complacency, or if a player drops in form, but we are simply a better team and run club over the past 5 years or so.

Sport is competitive. That's its nature. So the best players will emulate this as well with a desire to become "the best." Sometimes that means you have to move on to make that happen, as many in other professions do regularly. To act like young players with potential must remain at their clubs seems strange when moves of the kind happen consistently in other cases. But, of course, if they are English, and don't just sit quietly and stay even if the team they play for seems less likely to be so great, apparently who cares? They must remain with their club, particularly if it is one with so-called "tradition." What if Isco came to us? He left Malaga. Why not stay there? They were in the Champions League and did well under Pellegrini. Did he receive the same criticism? We bought Balotelli from Inter as well. Was it just money? Liverpool know they are widely loved by older English journalists so they milk it for all they can, trying to make Sterling look bad.

In the end if they keep this up Liverpool will lose, but it's an interesting play. Carrigher's latest rant about how Sterling is ruining his reputation is also laughable, but predictable. In case he doesn't realise there are far more football fans outside of England of the game, and they won't follow or believe him like other die hards who watch Sky every day. They will look at Sterling's performances on the pitch. That's it. If he does so well he will be fine.

He seems willing to take that risk, so he is quite confident, and ambitious. If he shows himself to be worth/close to the value he is assessed, which he is probably bothered by being so high now -- a tactic to slag him off, clearly -- then the silence will be deafening.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:18 am

So since we've supposedly given up on Pogba should we just go for Delph in CM?
Has Witsel signed anywhere yet?
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:48 am

I'm obviously too impatient, but if the reports are true and we are not increasing our bids for Pogba & Sterling, could we see another Hazard scenario? If the club don't deliver on the 'big signings' promise then I expect an explanation why
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:55 am

Dunnylad wrote:I'm obviously too impatient, but if the reports are true and we are not increasing our bids for Pogba & Sterling, could we see another Hazard scenario? If the club don't deliver on the 'big signings' promise then I expect an explanation why

why?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:11 am

Jason McAteer stated loud and clear on talkspite this morning that Sterling's behaviour, in refusing to train and travel, is on the advice of City. We are advising him in the background apparently.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Burt » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:26 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Jason McAteer stated loud and clear on talkspite this morning that Sterling's behaviour, in refusing to train and travel, is on the advice of City. We are advising him in the background apparently.

Simple.................sue the bin dippin cunt!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum