Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:43 pm

So LVG wants De Gea gone.

How exactly are they supposed to finish 2nd without him? They'd have been easily been 5th or 6th without him last season.

Oh right, Pedro is all they need to win the league...hahaha.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:46 pm

Gazetta dello Sport says agreement has been reached on a fee of 23 million euros for the transfer of Dzeko to Roma. That was apparently the improved offer made by Roma a couple of days ago.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby phips » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:35 am

PrezIke wrote:So LVG wants De Gea gone.

How exactly are they supposed to finish 2nd without him? They'd have been easily been 5th or 6th without him last season.

Oh right, Pedro is all they need to win the league...hahaha.

its the swap that LVG wants with De Gea and K Navas that is gonna get them 2nd place.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:08 am

Watch Bayern Wolfsburg last night , man i love KDB . Bayern was better , that Costa impress me LW , If hes Guardiola pick , he really knows to pick a player.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:49 am

Tia Maria to have a medical in Qatar on Monday. Presumably the scum will move for Pedro immediately afterwards.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:14 pm

16m write off on Di Maria in one season.

And not a sneer in sight on ssn.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:25 pm

blues2win wrote:Tia Maria to have a medical in Qatar on Monday. Presumably the scum will move for Pedro immediately afterwards.

Isn't is odd to have a medical in Qatar? I can't remember a City player hauling ass to Abu Dhabi. Although maybe he needs to meet the ownership and fly some falcons, etc.

Great move for PSG if it comes off. Proper CL contenders I feel. Spafia take note. They've done better.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:31 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
blues2win wrote:Tia Maria to have a medical in Qatar on Monday. Presumably the scum will move for Pedro immediately afterwards.

Isn't is odd to have a medical in Qatar? I can't remember a City player hauling ass to Abu Dhabi. Although maybe he needs to meet the ownership and fly some falcons, etc.

Great move for PSG if it comes off. Proper CL contenders I feel. Spafia take note. They've done better.

Cheers

What's particularly annoying about PSG is that they are in an utterly shit league, so basically players are going there to kick their heels in between champions league games. Yet everyone talks about how much money city have to offer a player to come here because we don't have the prestige, the location, Manchester always rains etc, but here are PSG doing what they fucking want and putting together a nice squad.

The players who go there at the top of their career are fucking shithouses though, why the fuck would you want to play in a weak league like that if you are generally world class? Of course its only city players who are mercenary though.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:16m write off on Di Maria in one season.

If it had been us there would have been a breakdown of how much loss per game (maybe per minute played) it came to.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:24 pm

I take it you're not including the £7.3 million they paid in add-ons to two third parties as part of the deal?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby phips » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:19 pm

today's new rumor is that we could be in for Berahino
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:24 pm

phips wrote:today's new rumor is that we could be in for Berahino

Hope its only a rumour. Sooner just play Iheanacho
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:35 pm

nottsblue wrote:

i think the point is that we'd probably need another, esp. given how different they all are at this point.

Sterling tho he may play forward isn't clearly being counted amongst the strikers when we add it up and do the maths. Rightfully so i think. Tho it's probably splitting hairs.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

i think the point is that we'd probably need another, esp. given how different they all are at this point.

Sterling tho he may play forward isn't clearly being counted amongst the strikers when we add it up and do the maths. Rightfully so i think. Tho it's probably splitting hairs.

cheers

But Berahino? Really? I think that would be buying for the sake of buying. A bit like Sinclair, (who scored a hat-trick for Villa at Forest yesterday by the way).

I think if we get KDB we have a decent complement of forwards, a mix of out and out strikers and wide men. Of course if we don't get him, as looks likely unfortunately, we may need another if Dzeko goes
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

cheers

But Berahino? Really? I think that would be buying for the sake of buying. A bit like Sinclair, (who scored a hat-trick for Villa at Forest yesterday by the way).

I think if we get KDB we have a decent complement of forwards, a mix of out and out strikers and wide men. Of course if we don't get him, as looks likely unfortunately, we may need another if Dzeko goes

What's your thinking on this NB ??

Do you think we ought to make a bid for someone like Lewandowski ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Dameerto wrote:
dave watson's perm wrote:SWP to New York Red Bulls

Wright City wrong club.

Yes, SWP & BWP may play for the wrong team in NY, but it was like rolling back the City clock, to see SWP immediately link up so well with his brother, on SWP's MLS debut.

Meanwhile, in the blue half of the City, Frank Lampard finally made his NYCFC debut... Wish we still had Frank as an impact sub!

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post/201 ... oplay=true

In other ex-City career rescue news, Alvaro Negredo scored a wonderful goal for Valencia... Better than Berahino, but not home grown!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/golaz ... oln-video/?
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:58 am

nottsblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

cheers

i'm not saying that Berahino is a world beater or that he hangs the moon, etc but he's a very decent player and finding a 3rd or 4th striker doesn't exactly make most players of world class quality get a giant erection and spank it.

We were somewhat spoiled in the past with the class we had at striker, but as most of them proved, the best strikeforce in world football, on paper, doesn't always make for champions. It did two seasons ago and i think if we find some good coverage from talented strikers then our midfield quality can shine through. We need KDB tho to trigger that i feel.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:48 am

if we fail to get our main targets this summer, do you think our chairman after he gave a rousing speech about getting the best will feel a bit aggrieved at the the way we may have fucked up in the summer transfer market again?
Sterling will i think relish and flourish in our team, delph looked good up until his injury but will this be another jovetic signing?
we really do need to get at least 2 in this summer or we could be treading water.
im hoping we will pull a rabbit out of the hat with a major signing but its gone very quiet atm
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:03 am

dick dastardley wrote:if we fail to get our main targets this summer, do you think our chairman after he gave a rousing speech about getting the best will feel a bit aggrieved at the the way we may have fucked up in the summer transfer market again?
Sterling will i think relish and flourish in our team, delph looked good up until his injury but will this be another jovetic signing?
we really do need to get at least 2 in this summer or we could be treading water.
im hoping we will pull a rabbit out of the hat with a major signing but its gone very quiet atm

If you look at the transfers that have happened across Europe, almost all the business done so far by most clubs has been where the selling club want to get rid or where a clause has been activated. You can look at the likes of Pogba or KDB as 'hostile' and unwelcome bids, in which case the selling club has no reason to rush a deal through - particularly as the seasons in those countries start later than ours.

I think we have to accept that in this sort of situation, the selling club are going to hold out either until they get their valuation or they run out of time which means they are highly likely to happen later in the window. I'm sure Khaldoon isn't naïve, but your example suggests that what he said was a bit unrealistic considering the players we are supposedly chasing.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby LoveCityHateUtd » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:53 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

I take it you're not including the £7.3 million they paid in add-ons to two third parties as part of the deal?

I think it's 19m + fees, but I'm waiting for sky to try and explain it away as the euro crashing and both fees being paid in euros (with no bases for this).
Obviously LVButthead worked his magic on DM and Falcao, him and the Glazers are my dreamteam.
Keep up the good work boys, please don't retire at the end of your contract louis.
LoveCityHateUtd
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooooooooooo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum