Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Hazy2 wrote:We need 30 more goals to win the league and a cup, Edin is also on his way so I full expect more coming in.

Show your work please.

-10 points

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:45 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
LoveCityHateUtd wrote:The announcement is coming next week:
From now until for ever Wlofsberg will be know as Wolfsberg City and will immediately be changing their fucking horrible green kit for Sky Blue.

The German Franchise is coming.
Sorry should have probably posted a Kraftwerk clip first, or Rammstein..

this would suffice. Or you could go Can if you want to be a bit more old school, tho i'd say the 80s prollee outages many on this board these days. Be patient with this clip unless you're an asshole in which case you shouldn't click on it. Mikhail defo should tho. He needs a "prog" lesson in thoughtful music and this is as good as any place to start.

Watch on youtube.com

cheers

Thanks for the kind thought Doomie but I guess I fall, shamelessly, into the "asshole" classification.

I did listen to the clip but it was the usual, mindless, tedious, meaningless drivel that seems to be endlessly churned out by characters who can't really play their instruments. This kind of garbage has perennially existed for decades and, apart from being a musical 'con' job, like the poor it seems it will always be with us.

It can't, however, by any stretch of the imagination, be deemed as "progressive".

However, thanks again for the kind thought.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
From now until for ever Wlofsberg will be know as Wolfsberg City and will immediately be changing their fucking horrible green kit for Sky Blue.

this would suffice. Or you could go Can if you want to be a bit more old school, tho i'd say the 80s prollee outages many on this board these days. Be patient with this clip unless you're an asshole in which case you shouldn't click on it. Mikhail defo should tho. He needs a "prog" lesson in thoughtful music and this is as good as any place to start.

Watch on youtube.com

cheers

Thanks for the kind thought Doomie but I guess I fall, shamelessly, into the "asshole" classification.

I did listen to the clip but it was the usual, mindless, tedious, meaningless drivel that seems to be endlessly churned out by characters who can't really play their instruments. This kind of garbage has perennially existed for decades and, apart from being a musical 'con' job, like the poor it seems it will always be with us.

It can't, however, by any stretch of the imagination, be deemed as "progressive".

your perspective is absolutely the kind of shit i hate about music in general. Just so you know.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

cheers

your perspective is absolutely the kind of shit i hate about music in general. Just so you know.

cheers

Good to know Doomie.

We've congenially crossed swords, over such matters, in the past in the 'Off Topic' section but I still don't think you have a realistic appreciation of what my musical 'perspective' is.

For one thing, it certainly doesn't extend into that exhilarating musical wonderland that you Americans invented and which you call 'Country and Western'. As a representative of a nation which bequeathed unto the world such sonic and artistically elevating delights, I'd question your qualifications for criticising anyone's musical "perspective".

However, that's just my opinion, submitted without any intention of causing offense (not to be confused with the American Soccer terminology of the same).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

cheers

cheers

Good to know Doomie.

We've congenially crossed swords, over such matters, in the past in the 'Off Topic' section but I still don't think you have a realistic appreciation of what my musical 'perspective' is.

For one thing, it certainly doesn't extend into that exhilarating musical wonderland that you Americans invented and which you call 'Country and Western'. As a representative of a nation which bequeathed unto the world such sonic and artistically elevating delights, I'd question your qualifications for criticising anyone's musical "perspective".

However, that's just my opinion, submitted without any intention of causing offense (not to be confused with the American Soccer terminology of the same).

i have all the qualifications you need to worry about, McFly. I'm the fucking sheriff of good musical taste as far as you're concerned. When you're in the spider's web, struggling only tightens the web.

cheers

P.S.

Watch on youtube.com
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby blues2win » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:45 pm

Di Marzio says talks with Roma about Dzeko continue but Roma is struggling to meet our demands. A relief since there was talk that they were switching their attention to Salah.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:28 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

cheers

cheers

Good to know Doomie.

i have all the qualifications you need to worry about, McFly. I'm the fucking sheriff of good musical taste as far as you're concerned. When you're in the spider's web, struggling only tightens the web.

cheers

Sorry. Not having it. 'Doomie' and 'Good Taste' in the same sentence, even with the word 'musical' in between, it's just not credible.
Listen, the two of you are never going to agree about music, but where as you, Doomie, are quite forward in your manner of put down (how very unAmerican) Mikhail is too nice a guy to tell you you're listening to shite.

Now back on thread. Can you interpret what the meaning of this poor German lad who really sounds like he's suffering, is in regards to our transfers this summer.
Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby blues2win » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Guardian reporting that Florentino Perez has delivered a flat no to the transfer of Sergio Ramos this window. The scum may now go for Otamendi or perhaps enter into an auction with Chelsea for Stones although his lack of experience will count against the latter. Van Gaal is clearly intent on buying quick success. The question now is whether United play hard ball on De Gea and force him to run down his contract in which case he could leave for nothing at the end of the season.
blues2win

Postby Wooders » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:45 pm

Bah wrong thread
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby dave watson's perm » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:16 pm

SWP to New York Red Bulls
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:18 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:SWP to New York Red Bulls

Wright City wrong club.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:17 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:SWP to New York Red Bulls

such a shame but wish him all the best
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Stoke sign another player from Barca! Hughes quietly going about his business in an orderly fashion it would seem. Outside shout for Europa slot
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:26 pm

Valencia keen to offload Negredo already. Don't know what's happened to him. He was so good in the first half of his season with us.
blues2win

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:22 pm

blues2win wrote:Valencia keen to offload Negredo already. Don't know what's happened to him. He was so good in the first half of his season with us.

Got married.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 am

PeterParker wrote:
blues2win wrote:Valencia keen to offload Negredo already. Don't know what's happened to him. He was so good in the first half of his season with us.

Got married.

Is that a warning to Mase and MRM? LOL

Don't worry lads, as long as you don't injure your shoulder "in the line of duty", married life is just grand!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:25 am

CTID Hants wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Got married.

Don't worry lads, as long as you don't injure your shoulder "in the line of duty", married life is just grand!

:P
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:01 am

nottsblue wrote:Stoke sign another player from Barca! Hughes quietly going about his business in an orderly fashion it would seem. Outside shout for Europa slot

Or top four at the expense of the Scum ????
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:43 am

CTID Hants wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Got married.

I keep sending them signals, they seem to ignore me.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby blues2win » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:33 am

Dippers apparently offering Balotelli for 7 million pounds. Sampdoria say they would welcome him with open arms if the price comes down! What to 7p?
blues2win

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum