Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:57 pm

blues2win wrote:Sunday Mirror says we've offered 25 million plus 5 million in add ons for Sterling.

That's more like.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:46 pm

blues2win wrote:Sunday Mirror says we've offered 25 million plus 5 million in add ons for Sterling.

Whats the point? Liverpool will surely reject that
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:25 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

Whats the point? Liverpool will surely reject that

Because, come xmas, Sterling can buy out his own contract (We would foot the bill)...and also...It winds the bindippers up.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:04 am

They can't really reject it. All the media I'm getting over here is how he's a greedy cunt who isn't worth the money Victimpool are offering and he should just take it, shut his mouth and count himself a very lucky boy.

Now if they reject £25M for him, they can't really claim he isn't worth more wages...can they?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:17 am

Is this 'buying out the contract' thing a concrete fact then; as opposed to a 'maybe' ?

Also; why would City, or Sterling's agent leak this ? No advantage to either.

Liverpool are behind this story.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:29 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Is this 'buying out the contract' thing a concrete fact then; as opposed to a 'maybe' ?

"Buying out the contract " is a bag load of bollox that is thrown around every week of every transfer window.

So, who was the last top player to do this?
Original Dub

Postby City64 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:08 am

Official bid of £30 million for Sterling from MCFC according to this mornings Mirror .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:14 am

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Is this 'buying out the contract' thing a concrete fact then; as opposed to a 'maybe' ?

"Buying out the contract " is a bag load of bollox that is thrown around every week of every transfer window.

Its legaly possible to buy your own contract out with x amount of time left on your contract.

Raheem Sterling could force his way out of Liverpool this summer, costing the club up to £25million while saving potential suitors such as Manchester City and Chelsea the same amount.
Under Premier League regulations the 20-year-old is entitled to 'buy-out' the last year of his current contract which runs out in 2017.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:31 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Its legaly possible to buy your own contract out with x amount of time left on your contract.

Raheem Sterling could force his way out of Liverpool this summer, costing the club up to £25million while saving potential suitors such as Manchester City and Chelsea the same amount.
Under Premier League regulations the 20-year-old is entitled to 'buy-out' the last year of his current contract which runs out in 2017.

He can buy it out in december according to the webster ruling. However its not as straight forward as it seems as the panel who decide the compensation as he is under 23 may well say he is worth the market value and put a huge price on him.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:31 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

He can buy it out in december according to the webster ruling. However its not as straight forward as it seems as the panel who decide the compensation as he is under 23 may well say he is worth the market value and put a huge price on him.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:23 am

Wonderwall wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

They would be unlikely to put an inflated market value on it though, I would have thought, so the realistic value may be close to what we are bidding now. Let's face it; he isn't really worth more than that. If anyone pays more, it is purely to encourage Liverpool to sell, & because of the timing/transfer window, not because of what he's done in football.

Of course if Liverpool wait until is allowed to buy out his contract, then surely his value becomes less than it is now anyway, because he is allowed to buy out his contract, thus no longer subject to a potential bidding war inflating his price ?

I wonder if anyone else will actually bid for him ? Arse/Chelsea have no need & no place for him, rags probably think there is no point wasting their time & Real Madrid probably don't want him. PSG maybe ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:50 pm

At first I thought this would be pointless, now however I've had a rethink. He could be a good buy as it would bring a different way through teams that sit 10 men behind the ball, hes a tricky little sod that's got a burst of pace. It could gain free kicks or even the odd penalty for us equally get behind them with some of silvers and yayas smart through balls.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:15 pm

I think he'd be a cracking little cunt for us. Him and Sergio and Silva? Fuck me.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Sunday Mirror say the Club have lined up Lars Bender of Leverkusen and Germany if they can't get Pogba. The scum are also said to be interested.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:56 pm

blues2win wrote:Sunday Mirror say the Club have lined up Lars Bender of Leverkusen and Germany if they can't get Pogba. The scum are also said to be interested.

For awhile there Bender was considered the best box to box midfielder out there.
Wouldn't be bad. Kondogbia sounds like hes off to Arsenal and Pogba to Barca.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:32 am

blues2win wrote:Sunday Mirror say the Club have lined up Lars Bender of Leverkusen and Germany if they can't get Pogba. The scum are also said to be interested.

Rags have been trying to sign him for years.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:20 am

Don't quite see how Barca get round the transfer ban with Pogba. Sale and then loan back is still a transfer. He could stay at Juve till January to suit Barca. I don't think this is done and dusted with Barca as suggested although it will be tough to get him because he's so much in demand.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:48 am

If Barca sign him, the UEFA should have two cheques for 49 Mill out 1st class to us and PSG.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:50 am

Last week Real Madrid took the "unusual step" of denying they had any interest in Pogba. Why bother, considering all the players they will be linked with? They want to make it clear they did not lose out to Barca when he signs for them. It would mean him staying at Juve for another season.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:11 pm

blues2win wrote:Don't quite see how Barca get round the transfer ban with Pogba. Sale and then loan back is still a transfer. He could stay at Juve till January to suit Barca. I don't think this is done and dusted with Barca as suggested although it will be tough to get him because he's so much in demand.

he could always just wait until next summer
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus