Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:36 pm

De Bruyne prob wont be coming as Wolfsburg have basically said "fuck off".

If thats true, who are our remaining targets? Is it just Pogba?
Im sure we havent heard about some (yet) too.
Wasnt there alot of buzz around a new fullback, the Monaco kid or the PSV guy?

Also, as far as Pogba goes its interesting Juve are splashing cash on Dybala, want Oscar (who might cost a decent chunk), and are bringing in Khedira on a free. Maybe theyre planning on selling Pogba and are spending money they expect to get and filling a hole they expect to appear from Pogba's departure....
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby beaversforgoalposts » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:18 am

Isco apparently, according to this morning's media.

Presumably we can re-hash the Isco transfer threads from previous years to save time.
beaversforgoalposts
Negouai's Red Cards

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby sheblue » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:04 am

beaversforgoalposts wrote:Isco apparently, according to this morning's media.

Presumably we can re-hash the Isco transfer threads from previous years to save time.

Please no, they were very painful.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby phips » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:49 am

theres some rumblings/gossip/potential bs that Pirlo may go to NYCFC this summer
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:51 am

phips wrote:theres some rumblings/gossip/potential bs that Pirlo may go to NYCFC this summer

So....another loan?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:05 am

Slim wrote:
phips wrote:theres some rumblings/gossip/potential bs that Pirlo may go to NYCFC this summer

So....another loan?

haha....i'd fucking LOVE that....but it would mean he'd have played a full season in Italy, ALL summer into Nov in US and A...and then come to us in Jan? seems unlikely.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:53 am

One of the most celebrated players in the world could be headed to Major League Soccer, with Spanish outlet AS reporting on Wednesday that longtime Italy and Juventus star Andrea Pirlo has accepted an offer to join New York City FC this summer.

Pirlo, 36, will play in the UEFA Champions League final on Saturday, when Juventus take on Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and FC Barcelona in Berlin.

Now in his fourth season with Juve, Pirlo said recently in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport that he intends to keep playing beyond this season, even if his time in Turin comes to an end.

"I won't stop playing; I'll go on as long as I have the same great desire to keep training every day," Pirlo said at the time. "Juventus will be my last Serie A team, whatever happens. MLS could be an idea, but for the moment I don't have anything; Juve are the only thing on my mind.”

Pirlo’s decorated career includes three World Cups, the 2006 World Cup title, three European Championship appearances, six Serie A titles, two Champions League crowns and two appearances at the Olympics. He was called into the Italian national team squad as recently as last October and has five goals in 30 appearances for Juventus across all competitions this season.

New York City FC currently have two Designated Players on the books in David Villa and Frank Lampard; the latter will join the team later this month after completing the English Premier League season with sister club Manchester City. NYCFC have repeatedly stated their intention to add a third DP this summer.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:55 am

Liverpool were nailed on to get Konoplyanka, but Stoke are signing him. He must have watched the 6-1 ha ha ha now thats fucking funny

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/03/stoke-cit ... r-5228437/
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:32 am

Wonderwall wrote:Liverpool were nailed on to get Konoplyanka, but Stoke are signing him. He must have watched the 6-1 ha ha ha now thats fucking funny

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/03/stoke-cit ... r-5228437/

Really smart move from the chap. He is going to a team where he will play and will gain a lot of experience there. At Scouse or Spurs, he might become the next Soldado.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:19 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:

So....another loan?

haha....i'd fucking LOVE that....but it would mean he'd have played a full season in Italy, ALL summer into Nov in US and A...and then come to us in Jan? seems unlikely.

cheers

But it's Pirlo and I would mark the fuck out if he played one match in a City shirt.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby clippo22 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:40 am

How many home grown players do we need to sign? Have we only got Hart and Clichy left? Obviously we have players coming through the academy and coming back from loan spells, but who from them will make it into the squad next year?
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:58 am

clippo22 wrote:How many home grown players do we need to sign? Have we only got Hart and Clichy left? Obviously we have players coming through the academy and coming back from loan spells, but who from them will make it into the squad next year?

plus they done count as they are B players as they are U21, we are currently 6 short
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:02 pm

clippo22 wrote:How many home grown players do we need to sign? Have we only got Hart and Clichy left? Obviously we have players coming through the academy and coming back from loan spells, but who from them will make it into the squad next year?

Richard Wright is still there too.

Hopefully see either Denayer or Rekik and Lopes too. Kelechi too but if he is part of the first team squad he will have to take a 'foreign' spot for CL despite being under21

That means we'd have a senior squad of 22 players, we don't NEED to sign any homegrown but it would help I suppose
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Hopefully see either Denayer or Rekik and Lopes too. Kelechi too but if he is part of the first team squad he will have to take a 'foreign' spot for CL despite being under21

That means we'd have a senior squad of 22 players, we don't NEED to sign any homegrown but it would help I suppose

wait...i thought that the U21's don't count so per Boberto's math above we need 6 to have the full complement of players in the squad? Correct, or no?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

wait...i thought that the U21's don't count so per Boberto's math above we need 6 to have the full complement of players in the squad? Correct, or no?

cheers

Like I said Wright is still there and I believe he's set to be offered another year deal so as it stands now we have 3 homegrown players.

Under21s that haven't been at the club for two years or more can't be named on the B list for UEFA competitions, so if Kelechi is in the first team plans for next season he has to take one of the 17 foreign spots.

You get me?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby clippo22 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:47 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Like I said Wright is still there and I believe he's set to be offered another year deal so as it stands now we have 3 homegrown players.

Under21s that haven't been at the club for two years or more can't be named on the B list for UEFA competitions, so if Kelechi is in the first team plans for next season he has to take one of the 17 foreign spots.

You get me?

I should have put this in the "things you don't understand about football" thread
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:00 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... alermo-32m

Juventus have completed the signing of Palermo’s Argentinian forward Paulo Dybala for a fee of €32m, potentially rising to €40m, on a five-year contract.

Wonder how.if this affects their summer decisions (i.e. Pogba)? That's quite a bit of money for a player who scored 13 goals in Serie A, which I believe conceeded the most goals of all major European leagues, and known as having less quality defending.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:27 pm

PrezIke wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/04/juventus-sign-paulo-dybala-palermo-32m

Juventus have completed the signing of Palermo’s Argentinian forward Paulo Dybala for a fee of €32m, potentially rising to €40m, on a five-year contract.

Wonder how.if this affects their summer decisions (i.e. Pogba)? That's quite a bit of money for a player who scored 13 goals in Serie A, which I believe conceeded the most goals of all major European leagues, and known as having less quality defending.

Its spread out over 4 yrs but i agree with you. Juve are making some moves.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:30 pm

City have apparently approached the dippers and told them we will bid for Sterling. No surprise obviously. Can't see Wilshire coming here tbh.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wooders » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:12 am

I'm torn on Wilshire - little cunt sand injury prone but also very talented and english in an area of the pitch we need to improve
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum