Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby phips » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:28 pm

Manchester City are on the verge of making Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph their first major signing of the summer, Goal can confirm.

Delph will move to the Etihad Stadium in an £8million ($12.5m) deal and sign a long-term contract that will see his wages rise to £100,000-a-week ($156,000) as City continue their home-grown recruitment drive.

The England international understands he will be a squad player at City but has been assured he will be granted a similar level of first-team opportunities to what James Milner enjoyed in his five-year stint at the club.

Delph was set to be a free agent this summer before signing a new four-and-a-half-year contract at Villa in January, but the deal included an £8m release clause that City have wasted little time in activating.

Villa have already moved to replace the outgoing 25-year-old by signing Senegal midfielder Idrissa Gueye for £9m ($14m) from Lille.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:41 pm

phips wrote:
Manchester City are on the verge of making Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph their first major signing of the summer, Goal can confirm

Delph will move to the Etihad Stadium in an £8million ($12.5m) deal and sign a long-term contract that will see his wages rise to £100,000-a-week ($156,000) as City continue their home-grown recruitment drive.

The England international understands he will be a squad player at City but has been assured he will be granted a similar level of first-team opportunities to what James Milner enjoyed in his five-year stint at the club.

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX, what do they know about his wage negotiations, they just presume mcfc = 6 figure weekly wage.
Useless twats
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:
Manchester City are on the verge of making Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph their first major signing of the summer, Goal can confirm

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX, what do they know about his wage negotiations, they just presume mcfc = 6 figure weekly wage.
Useless twats

oh, i thought someone posted a screengrab from a snapchat showing his contract that was making the rounds on social media. Are you SURE that some shite paper doesn't know exactly how much he's getting paid?

Oddly, Villa have to replace him with a more expensive unproven options. Clearly, he was there just to play his way into a bigger club once proving himself. Interesting way to make it happen. He should be slobbing his agent's knob if this is true, because it takes some balls to get an agreement on a release clause that low. I like this approach tho. It shows he's got a ton of confidence in himself to move onto bigger challenges. He could matter more than we might think.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Thierry Ambrose signs up for another 5 years.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby phips » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:18 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:

Useless twats

100k to come off the bench is quite ludicrous.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:20 pm

phips wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:

Useless twats

Phipping amazing!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:47 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
phips wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:

Useless twats

Phipping amazing!

cheers

That silly cunt is never going to figure out that these rag tops he reads do not in any way reflect the truth.

Anyway, IIRC we moved for Delph when he was at Leeds and he went to Villa, who were looking to gate crash the top table under O'Neill?
If so, we've been watching him since he was a kid.

Kind of like Adam Johnson
Original Dub

Postby blues2win » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:07 pm

If Delph really is available for 8 million I'll be surprised if we don't snap him up soon. Maybe Fernando will go to make a place in the squad. Valencia allegedly want Fernandinho. He's 30 I think but still a very good player. I hope we keep him.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Serious question. Is Delph any good?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Serious question. Is Delph any good?

Have seen him and thought he was excellent but I have also seen him be anonymous. It's a meh signing for me.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:32 pm

I feel he's very above average. Very Good. Not great. Sinclair Mark II? I doubt it. I think he's much better than that and much less a one trick pony. Villas best player in their best games I felt. Poundshop Wilshire. Bring him.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:40 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

I feel he's very above average. Very Good. Not great. Sinclair Mark II? I doubt it. I think he's much better than that and much less a one trick pony. Villas best player in their best games I felt. Poundshop Wilshire. Bring him.

Cheers

Sorry, is that a yes then?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:42 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Sorry, is that a yes then?

Was I that complex? Yes. I'll have him.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:13 pm

I like him.

Saw some amazeballs goals from him the past two seasons. That backheel with Chelsea was something else.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby dick dastardley » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:32 pm

phips wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:

Useless twats

more of a prospect than fernando for me tho!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:10 pm

PeterParker wrote:I like him.

Saw some amazeballs goals from him the past two seasons. That backheel with Chelsea was something else.

those seem as rare as unicorn shit tho tbf.

I'll take goals of course, but that's not who he is just yet. Could be? I dunno. Maybe.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:12 am

Our new Milner, born in Leeds works his tripe off and appears to be maxing his ability. Can we ask for more. £8 mill bargain.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:33 am

Hazy2 wrote:Our new Milner, born in Leeds works his tripe off and appears to be maxing his ability. Can we ask for more. £8 mill bargain.

He is basically Milner 2.0
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:22 am

Wooders wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Our new Milner, born in Leeds works his tripe off and appears to be maxing his ability. Can we ask for more. £8 mill bargain.

He is basically Milner 2.0

Scott Sinclair, Jack Rodwell...take your pick.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:42 am

I'm sure he's from Bradford. He didn't start off at Leeds that's for sure. They got him from somewhere else.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum