Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:38 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
blues2win wrote:Goal says PSG are going to bid 60 million euros for Tia Maria. He'd obviously love a transfer away from a manager who won't start him match after match.

That's a lot of money for that pile of shit.

Pile of shit might just be a slight exaggeration.

Just. Maybe.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:53 am

Inter and AC Milan are preparing to go head-to-head in the race to land Stevan Jovetic from Manchester City, Goal understands.

Jovetic's representatives arrived in Italy for negotiations with the two Serie A clubs on Wednesday, as the 25-year-old Montenegro international looks to seal a switch away from the Premier League.

Goal understands that Inter are Jovetic's preferred choice, with Jovetic keen to link up with Roberto Mancini.

The former City boss has played an influential role in some of his current club's recent signings, with Geoffrey Kondogbia and Xherdan Shaqiri both revealing personal phone calls from the Italian helped them decide on a move to San Siro.

The Nerazzurri are, however, hoping for a £2 million loan deal with the option to buy in 2016, which would be less favourable at City's end as the club want to receive the highest up-front fee possible.

With AC Milan securing both Carlos Bacca and Luiz Adriano I doubt they're still interested in Jovetic.
come on Mancini. do us a favor.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:30 am

£2 million loan deal with the option to buy in 2016

Do one.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Crossie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:15 am

Rumours around that we are going back in for Sterling this weekend. Personal terms all agreed months ago.

Barca backing out whilst saving face on their Pogba deal. We've got personal terms wrapped up months ago, just need Juve to wait and understand our bid is basically the only one worth accepting.

Only us in for De-Bruyne

Delph is loitering

We could be in for an influx the like of which has never been seen before in the next few days.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:26 am

I would happily bin Fernando off for Delph. An extra spot for a foreign player and the squad not weakened significantly.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:29 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I would happily bin Fernando off for Delph. An extra spot for a foreign player and the squad not weakened significantly.

this is true, plus he is a player we could actually make a profit on, wasn't he £12m? I would imagine we could offload for more than that, he has struggled to adapt to the pace in England.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:46 am

Crossie wrote:Rumours around that we are going back in for Sterling this weekend. Personal terms all agreed months ago.

Barca backing out whilst saving face on their Pogba deal. We've got personal terms wrapped up months ago, just need Juve to wait and understand our bid is basically the only one worth accepting.

Only us in for De-Bruyne

Delph is loitering

We could be in for an influx the like of which has never been seen before in the next few days.

Great shout, Juve must sell him to the highest bidder, and all is well in the world. Barca and Juve should be made by uefa to detail this deal and not have another smelly Neymer saga. If Pogba comes out and chooses Barca fine move on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby twosips » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:28 am

Bluemoon ITKs going in very strong!!

Sterling, Pogba, KDB, Delph all nearly done apparently. Dzeko and Jovetic going very soon. Christ!
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:41 am

twosips wrote:Bluemoon ITKs going in very strong!!

Sterling, Pogba, KDB, Delph all nearly done apparently. Dzeko and Jovetic going very soon. Christ!

Which translate as nothings happening!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:51 am

Has there been some youtube 80s music videos posted by "Tolm" or something?

Has HE spoken?

Please, tell me something huge like this has actually happened??
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I would happily bin Fernando off for Delph. An extra spot for a foreign player and the squad not weakened significantly.

this is true, plus he is a player we could actually make a profit on, wasn't he £12m? I would imagine we could offload for more than that, he has struggled to adapt to the pace in England.

Am i the only person in the world who doesn't believe Fernando is rubbish? Granted, i'd rather have that swashbuckling cunt Javi Garcia in that role, but it wasn't meant to be. I thought Javi was really getting the hang of shit towards the end. Fernando looked pretty much better than Garcia pre-injury i thought. He's not a complete bum.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Have we signed anybody yet? Not a sniff of a mido, not even a billy sharp.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wooders » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:17 pm

So with jovetic and dzeko going - I assume inecheao or however you spell it and the Turkish will be in the first team or, if we get sterling, are we going to play him as a striker - feel we'll need more than serg and wilf, specially as serg won't have had much if a break
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:51 pm

Wooders wrote:So with jovetic and dzeko going - I assume inecheao or however you spell it and the Turkish will be in the first team or, if we get sterling, are we going to play him as a striker - feel we'll need more than serg and wilf, specially as serg won't have had much if a break

What about cole or barker?
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:54 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Am i the only person in the world who doesn't believe Fernando is rubbish? Granted, i'd rather have that swashbuckling cunt Javi Garcia in that role, but it wasn't meant to be. I thought Javi was really getting the hang of shit towards the end. Fernando looked pretty much better than Garcia pre-injury i thought. He's not a complete bum.

cheers

You have a point. I'm looking at it from the point of view of releasing a spot in the squad for another non home grown player.
If we need to of course.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wooders » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:35 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wooders wrote:So with jovetic and dzeko going - I assume inecheao or however you spell it and the Turkish will be in the first team or, if we get sterling, are we going to play him as a striker - feel we'll need more than serg and wilf, specially as serg won't have had much if a break

Didn't someone say cole was leaving and isn't barker a winger?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

cheers

I've spoken up for him in the past - I think he's worth another season. I agree he hasn't adapted fully yet, but if he can settle and play offensively (or even neutrally) as well as he can play defensively we would have a real bargain on our hands.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:48 pm

Wooders wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

I thought Barker was being loaned to Leeds. Was that not confirmed?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:57 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wooders wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

He needs a loan spell - he's had a few cold games when I've been watching (which is not surprising at his age).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:07 pm

Dameerto wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wooders wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

He needs a loan spell - he's had a few cold games when I've been watching (which is not surprising at his age).

Weren't there rumours that he's set to link up with Uwe at Leeds?

( ignore that, I missed IWT2012's post, that'll learn me not to skim read )
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum