Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:40 pm

City64 wrote:Money talks !

Just saying .

Well Sterling is saying fuck all.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 pm

Original Dub wrote:If there was such a person out there that the top wigs at the club felt compelled to tell everything to, I fucking doubt it would be someone who posts Neil Diamond youtube videos on a transfer forum, so hoards of kids and slow men can lavish him with praise.

Does that sound like the trustworthy type to you?

I'd be happy just to know the information myself. I would get no buzz out of giving clues or posting music videos based on this info.

IWT2012 - I went on that forum when this one was down a couple of years ago and I got fucked off it within 24 hours for asking about the reliability of this false god.

A mod though it was an offence that warranted a lifetime ban. To a fellow blue who didn't believe "Tolm".

I cringe when I think that that pile of shite is a City forum.

Their podcast is a good listen.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
blues2win wrote:We're 30 million euros richer. Valencia complete purchase of Negredo under the obligation to buy deal.

They might be looking to sell him already.

Negredo was something of a flop at Valencia, scoring five goals in 30 games in his loan spell, and there is speculation the club may instantly sell him – especially as they have problems with meeting financial fair play requirements.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... do-9566734

was an intelligent move by the spafia. bony is better, and younger.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:48 am

Saul Goodman wrote:The club supposedly had 3 big targets going into this window.
Putting Pogba and Sterling aside, if we miss on KDB which other midfielder should we go after?
Sorry, but im not feeling Hamsik.

Good job your not, they are a vengeful lot in Naples
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:41 am

Feeling Hamsik.

Is that like feeling as sick as a pig?

I'll get my own coat thanks.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:21 am

I am a mong who doesn't keep up with football outside of Britain but it always surprised me that hamsik didn't move on to better things. That season he had when we played Napoli, he was brilliant. What's happened to him? Linking up with cavani and lavezzi, he looked like he was going to be one of the best. Since then, I've heard and seen nowt of him.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:30 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:I am a mong who doesn't keep up with football outside of Britain but it always surprised me that hamsik didn't move on to better things. That season he had when we played Napoli, he was brilliant. What's happened to him? Linking up with cavani and lavezzi, he looked like he was going to be one of the best. Since then, I've heard and seen nowt of him.

Benitez.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:05 am

Talksport site mentioning Savic & Utd in the same piece. I can't for one second believe this rumour to be even a possibility, but if it was true, I would be tempted to start going to church.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Feeling Hamsik.

Is that like feeling as sick as a pig?

I'll get my own coat thanks.

No, it was quite excellent.

Don't go, just stay and give us some more a.s.a.p.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:46 am

I know I’ve joked about having a feeling in my left nut that we would get our targets this year.
However, the question has been on my mind for a little bit now. At what stage did City officially say that our primary targets are Pogba, De Bruyne and Sterling. I’m not saying they aren’t, just that this seems to be fuelled by media speculation and our own expectations more than anything else.
City have kept complete schtum throughout all of this and I LIKE IT THIS WAY. Even the two so called Sterling bids seemed to have been leaked to the media from the Liverpool side. Correct me if I’m wrong (it does happen), but I don’t recall City actually saying anything.
A lot of stories go back and forth in the media about Pogba in particular. Barcelona seem to be using him as part of an election campaign but at no point have City actually come out and said they’ve made a bid for him, despite the rumours that €100m has been offered and agreed with Raiola.
The only real evidence for my optimism this year is Khaldoon’s end of year statement. The fact that our finances are in good order and the belief that regardless of what UEFA are trying to do to us, we have a management team that are top quality and hopefully one step ahead, having been stung by their corruption last year. The fact that Platini seems to be surpassing himself, by trying to implement this FFP II, just smacks of desperation and as Dupont has pointed out, time wasting.
I think this will only act to firm the resolve of City to make a statement of intent this summer. I choose to believe that City’s management team are playing a stormer throughout all this. How do we know what is going on in the background. The fact that we have said nothing about these three gives me confidence rather than doubt, that if these truly are the three we want, then we are very much still in the frame. If we were out of the frame would we not have moved on to other targets, that would be presumably easier to land and probably rapped up by now.
The fact that we have been stung and used by others in the past (Kaka/Isco?), causes me to respect that City are operating in the manner they are now. It’s frustrating for us, I know, but by not feeding the press anything they don’t have a stick to beat us with, should we not land the likes of Pogba etc.
My left nut is still tingling away. I’m not sure who we will land this year but I still believe City plan on making a statement. If you agree with the so called targets and their fees or not, is irrelevant. If I was to guess I think City will show that we are here, alive and well and more than able to compete in the market with Barca/Real/Bayern/Utd or anyone else who thinks they have us beaten.
If we end up with Delph and Song, I will get it checked out.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dazby » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:10 pm

I like you. Wanna join my clique?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:17 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I know I’ve joked about having a feeling in my left nut that we would get our targets this year.
However, the question has been on my mind for a little bit now. At what stage did City officially say that our primary targets are Pogba, De Bruyne and Sterling. I’m not saying they aren’t, just that this seems to be fuelled by media speculation and our own expectations more than anything else.
City have kept complete schtum throughout all of this and I LIKE IT THIS WAY. Even the two so called Sterling bids seemed to have been leaked to the media from the Liverpool side. Correct me if I’m wrong (it does happen), but I don’t recall City actually saying anything.
A lot of stories go back and forth in the media about Pogba in particular. Barcelona seem to be using him as part of an election campaign but at no point have City actually come out and said they’ve made a bid for him, despite the rumours that €100m has been offered and agreed with Raiola.
The only real evidence for my optimism this year is Khaldoon’s end of year statement. The fact that our finances are in good order and the belief that regardless of what UEFA are trying to do to us, we have a management team that are top quality and hopefully one step ahead, having been stung by their corruption last year. The fact that Platini seems to be surpassing himself, by trying to implement this FFP II, just smacks of desperation and as Dupont has pointed out, time wasting.
I think this will only act to firm the resolve of City to make a statement of intent this summer. I choose to believe that City’s management team are playing a stormer throughout all this. How do we know what is going on in the background. The fact that we have said nothing about these three gives me confidence rather than doubt, that if these truly are the three we want, then we are very much still in the frame. If we were out of the frame would we not have moved on to other targets, that would be presumably easier to land and probably rapped up by now.
The fact that we have been stung and used by others in the past (Kaka/Isco?), causes me to respect that City are operating in the manner they are now. It’s frustrating for us, I know, but by not feeding the press anything they don’t have a stick to beat us with, should we not land the likes of Pogba etc.
My left nut is still tingling away. I’m not sure who we will land this year but I still believe City plan on making a statement. If you agree with the so called targets and their fees or not, is irrelevant. If I was to guess I think City will show that we are here, alive and well and more than able to compete in the market with Barca/Real/Bayern/Utd or anyone else who thinks they have us beaten.

What an odd way to tell us that you're nut tingling is right no matter who we get. You're like the psychic my wife sees. Never fucking makes a false move, and everything she says comes true. Amazing stuff.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:23 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I know I’ve joked about having a feeling in my left nut that we would get our targets this year.

Just be careful and don't open your legs; you might get nutmegged.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

What an odd way to tell us that you're nut tingling is right no matter who we get. You're like the psychic my wife sees. Never fucking makes a false move, and everything she says comes true. Amazing stuff.

cheers

No it's definitely the left and are you saying your wife's ball is tingling too.
Have to say, I've had my suspicions for a while.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby phips » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Linked to Bayer's German winger Karim Bellarabi today. back up plan for KDB maybe?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:22 pm

phips wrote:Linked to Bayer's German winger Karim Bellarabi today. back up plan for KDB maybe?

Maybe it was a misprint and they meant KBB all along.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:04 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:I am a mong who doesn't keep up with football outside of Britain but it always surprised me that hamsik didn't move on to better things. That season he had when we played Napoli, he was brilliant. What's happened to him? Linking up with cavani and lavezzi, he looked like he was going to be one of the best. Since then, I've heard and seen nowt of him.

Always the way when you get these partnerships where the total out ways the individual parts e.g. Shevchenko & Rebrov
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:19 pm

phips wrote:Linked to Bayer's German winger Karim Bellarabi today. back up plan for KDB maybe?

Maybe Sterling-related, this getting into the press?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby blues2win » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:36 pm

Goal says PSG are going to bid 60 million euros for Tia Maria. He'd obviously love a transfer away from a manager who won't start him match after match.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:49 pm

blues2win wrote:Goal says PSG are going to bid 60 million euros for Tia Maria. He'd obviously love a transfer away from a manager who won't start him match after match.

That's a lot of money for that pile of shit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum