Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:39 am

Can't believe we'd allow Mangala to leave now as he's starting to look like the player he's supposed to be. Pellegrini's reaction to him as he came off the pitch told me he was really pleased with his performance. Strange one, this.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:42 am

Martin Blackburn says he's been briefed by City that Mangala's going nowhere. Ronny Lopes is a different matter but he's not a replacement for Otamendi.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:49 am

blues2win wrote:Martin Blackburn says he's been briefed by City that Mangala's going nowhere. Ronny Lopes is a different matter but he's not a replacement for Otamendi.

Blackburn is one of us so I shall relax now.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Jon London » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Guillem Balague seems to steel a living from coming up with stuff. Finally backed down on the Mangala loan deal said this 1 hr ago "Otamendi is in Manchester already. The €40m deal with City separate from any loan deal". Wouldn't surprise me if Denayer was the payer to be loaned to Valencia would make far more sense.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:40 pm

Jon London wrote:Guillem Balague seems to steel a living from coming up with stuff. Finally backed down on the Mangala loan deal said this 1 hr ago "Otamendi is in Manchester already. The €40m deal with City separate from any loan deal". Wouldn't surprise me if Denayer was the payer to be loaned to Valencia would make far more sense.

I might actually like Denayer at Valencia instead of rotting on the bench waiting for Kompany to do a ligament or lose his marbles.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Jorge Mendes has definitely been photographed in Manchester but I'm not sure Otamendi is here yet. This deal will be done within 48-72 hours. Denayer is clearly going out on loan and I hope to a decent Premiership side. Every chance of that happening. He's still got every chance of being part of City's long term future. Better for him to go out on loan for a couple of years and get regular game time than sit on his bottom on the bench at best. Otamendi has surely been bought for the CL. He had an outstanding record in a damn good league last season. If Vinny continues at his best we will have an outstanding centre back combination with Mangala and World Cup finalist MDM in reserve. All that and extremely encouraging signs at last from Wolfsburg on de Bruyne. Wow!
blues2win

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:58 pm

blues2win wrote:Jorge Mendes has definitely been photographed in Manchester but I'm not sure Otamendi is here yet. This deal will be done within 48-72 hours. Denayer is clearly going out on loan and I hope to a decent Premiership side. Every chance of that happening. He's still got every chance of being part of City's long term future. Better for him to go out on loan for a couple of years and get regular game time than sit on his bottom on the bench at best. Otamendi has surely been bought for the CL. He had an outstanding record in a damn good league last season. If Vinny continues at his best we will have an outstanding centre back combination with Mangala and World Cup finalist MDM in reserve. All that and extremely encouraging signs at last from Wolfsburg on de Bruyne. Wow!

Sky just done a comparison table he is 1st in all departments plus top scorer for a defender with 6 last season, Is this the Negredo money ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:59 pm

Spoke too soon. De Bruyne briefly on camera saying he'll stay at Wolfsburg this season. Possible he'll say the Club accepted a bid so not his fault but not very encouraging. Surprising after the remarks by his manager.
blues2win

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:52 pm

blues2win wrote:Spoke too soon. De Bruyne briefly on camera saying he'll stay at Wolfsburg this season. Possible he'll say the Club accepted a bid so not his fault but not very encouraging. Surprising after the remarks by his manager.

I really feel he's probably a gutless little cunt. We already have Nasri so we don't need the fucking Belgian Duke as well.

I'd rather spend money on a "crack" player. Who can be prised away? Likely no one this late unless we get silly.

I'd get my cock and balls out for Bale at 80-90m and say fuck it. Better use of cash imho.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:10 pm

Kicker think he was put on the spot by a compere at some do and his German's not very good. Took his agent by surprise. Not the end of the story. Probably!
blues2win

Postby PrezIke » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Guess he's off to Real, Bayern or Barca.

We can't really sign "crack" players anymore because they get them all. Lest we forget.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:58 pm

De Bruyne's agent furious with the interview. Claims de Bruyne bounced by compère and didn't understand what he was saying because of his poor German. Transfer still on. We'll see.
blues2win

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Quotes from his agent. We are devastated. A practical joke in a live show, in a language the player doesn't completely understand. Unbelievable.
blues2win

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:23 pm

blues2win wrote:Quotes from his agent. We are devastated. A practical joke in a live show, in a language the player doesn't completely understand. Unbelievable.

Oh well. Sorry bro. You just lost 5m you cunt for not getting it done weeks ago. Fuck off.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby phips » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:23 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:Some of the stories doing the rounds last night were that the loan deal would not come with an option to buy, suggesting Mangala is very much in the club's plans. It looks like we are bringing in Demichelis' replacement in early.

i can't see this. two 40m players plus Kompany and Denayer when Martin leaves/retires? thats absurd.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:09 am

For bean counting accountant types maybe. If it's a good group of defenders that helps us win shit, nobody will give a fuck about the money spent.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:50 am

id like to see a bid for isco i think hes a great little player and ship out the french duke!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:30 am

dick dastardley wrote:id like to see a bid for isco i think hes a great little player and ship out the french duke!!

If we manage to offload the French coward this window for me that'll be almost as good as signing Messi.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:56 am

Mase wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:id like to see a bid for isco i think hes a great little player and ship out the french duke!!

If we manage to offload the French coward this window for me that'll be almost as good as signing Messi.

FFS Mase you are as biased against nasri as much as you are pro kolarov
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:09 am

Radio Valencia say the Otamendi transfer will be done tomorrow.
blues2win

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum