Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:52 am

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I can recall Kolarov's YouTube clip doing the rounds before he signed for us. He looked like Roberto Carlos, Stuart Pearce and Maldini all rolled into one.

And then he came and we found out he's even better!

As much as I don't rate him as a player, I will be sad if/when he leaves. At the end of the day he's played a big part in what we've achieved in the last few years, and he will always be remembered for his contribution to the collective effort, rather than his eccentric defensive abilities.

The problem is, I'm not sure that there are many players out there currently who are actually upgrades on him. The minute a left back has a decent season anywhere, their value rockets and big clubs are like flies round shit hoping this one will be the next Maldini because its such a tough position to fill.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:32 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I can recall Kolarov's YouTube clip doing the rounds before he signed for us. He looked like Roberto Carlos, Stuart Pearce and Maldini all rolled into one.

As much as I don't rate him as a player, I will be sad if/when he leaves. At the end of the day he's played a big part in what we've achieved in the last few years, and he will always be remembered for his contribution to the collective effort, rather than his eccentric defensive abilities.

The problem is, I'm not sure that there are many players out there currently who are actually upgrades on him. The minute a left back has a decent season anywhere, their value rockets and big clubs are like flies round shit hoping this one will be the next Maldini because its such a tough position to fill.

i hate to get all Mase-onic about it, but i would actually rather sell fucking Clichy tho he's an upgrade defensively on Aleks.

And not just for the awesome Xmas team vids he's capable of doling out. Aleks is a fucking City legend tbf. Hard as nails. Funny as fuck. Amazing left peg on a dead ball. Canon of a cross that only Superman could usually get on the end of. Absolute horrorshow defensively *at times* when asked to really do the business. The "new" Typical City.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:44 am

Why the hell would we sell him?

Remember what flop the ”amazing” Luke Shaw was?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:53 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mase wrote:

i hate to get all Mase-onic about it, but i would actually rather sell fucking Clichy tho he's an upgrade defensively on Aleks.

And not just for the awesome Xmas team vids he's capable of doling out. Aleks is a fucking City legend tbf. Hard as nails. Funny as fuck. Amazing left peg on a dead ball. Canon of a cross that only Superman could usually get on the end of. Absolute horrorshow defensively *at times* when asked to really do the business. The "new" Typical City.

cheers

if we sell Clichy, we buy home grown only, so thats, Shaw, Baines, bertrand, cresswell, cole....... so thats a no then, we keep Gael
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:40 am

Wtf is point of Txiki if he can't catch up player from hes former club ?! Ah a list I hope we will get KDB.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:51 am

Cit.revenge wrote:Wtf is point of Txiki if he can't catch up player from hes former club ?! Ah a list I hope we will get KDB.

I assume you're talking about the Pedro rumours?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:14 pm

Yap they say on multiple forums sport pages, that hes going to rags
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:15 pm

Rumenigge says van Gaal is very persistent but Muller not available at any price. Maybe explains the delay over Pedro. I wouldn't rule out us trying to gazump United over Pedro if the Club decide that de Bruyne is a no go. Marca suggest we're prepared to go over the reserve price. Maybe Barca putting pressure on the scum.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:59 pm

blues2win wrote:Rumenigge says van Gaal is very persistent but Muller not available at any price. Maybe explains the delay over Pedro. I wouldn't rule out us trying to gazump United over Pedro if the Club decide that de Bruyne is a no go. Marca suggest we're prepared to go over the reserve price. Maybe Barca putting pressure on the scum.

Yeah it does look from the outside that Pedro is our plan B if we fail to land KDB, why anyone would criticise Txiki on the back of not getting a player that we may not even be in for I've no idea.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mase wrote:

cheers

if we sell Clichy, we buy home grown only, so thats, Shaw, Baines, bertrand, cresswell, cole....... so thats a no then, we keep Gael

Oof. Duh. If Dyke has his way this will get even more challenging.

The media buzz about less than 35% of players on opening weekend being English doesn't help things. What should you expect from the best league in the world?

Luckily the English don't manage the best hockey league in the world or it would eventually be in Russia or Sweden.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:30 pm

What the hell happend to Dwight Gayle?

Seems like he is going to Bristol. He was the next big thing.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby littlebig » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:30 pm

We'd be mad to get rid of either left full backs imo. They're both decent level and any new purchase always carries risk. Unless of course we're signing a worldy.

I'd be more concerned at right back tbh.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:34 pm

littlebig wrote:We'd be mad to get rid of either left full backs imo. They're both decent level and any new purchase always carries risk. Unless of course we're signing a worldy.

I'd be more concerned at right back tbh.

i'm not more concerned at right back.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Talkshite reporting if de bruyne doesn't come out with a 'i want to leave' statement then wolfsburg will resist all attempts to buy him, it will take a ridiculous price to let him go.
Alledgely he won't ask to leave!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:46 pm

I can't see us going for Pedro at all. He is no better than Navas, is he? KDB will trundle on for 2 more weeks yet.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:44 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Talkshite reporting if de bruyne doesn't come out with a 'i want to leave' statement then wolfsburg will resist all attempts to buy him, it will take a ridiculous price to let him go.

sounds like he'll stay. Fuck it. Next.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Pedro is definitely an upgrade on Navas. Not a like for like replacement of course.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:32 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:Talkshite reporting if de bruyne doesn't come out with a 'i want to leave' statement then wolfsburg will resist all attempts to buy him, it will take a ridiculous price to let him go.

cheers

Wouldn't pay any attention to what's on that radio station, it's only brain-dead shit.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:59 am

sheblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Wouldn't pay any attention to what's on that radio station, it's only brain-dead shit.

yeah i know. I was more just throwing out my frustration with the elongation of this process than the source of the alleged "content."

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:43 am

Mass hysteria seems strangely absent from this thread, how refreshing. According to other places we are on the brink of signing Pogba, de Bruyne, Otamendi, Alex Sandro, Fabinho and Pedro. A special arrangement with UEFA & PL means we can have a giant squad this season so nobody else has to leave.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum