30 years ago Today.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

30 years ago Today.

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri May 29, 2015 10:37 am

Heysal.
Funny, I ain't seen it mentioned anywhere else other than a small Facebook group dedicated to ex league grounds.
How odd.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Re: 30 years ago Today.

Postby beaversforgoalposts » Fri May 29, 2015 10:40 am

There is comment on it on LFC's website although mysteriously there is no reference to the Liverpool fans who rioted that night.

Funny that.

Must have been Chelsea NF supporters masquerading as Liverpool fans.
beaversforgoalposts
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri May 29, 2015 10:56 am

Oh. I'm surprised we've not seen Brentan Rodgers carrying a wreath today as he usually doesn't miss an opportunity. Can't imagine why not.
Last edited by Peter Doherty (AGAIG) on Fri May 29, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri May 29, 2015 12:33 pm

This is when the bindipper supporters need reminding how they fucked English football up for years and years.

They harp on about beign the classiest football team in the universe....I always bring them back down to earth with what they did in heysel.............amazingly,they blame everyone else but them for what happened.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Fri May 29, 2015 12:48 pm

although it was on BBC radio 5 this morning and they did mention the 14 fans convicted , and Ian Rush is attending a memorial mass in Italy.. yes, the rioters were cunts, yes, some LFC fans play the victim card, but the older fans i know/knew were ashamed.....nobody should die going to a footy match.
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby john@staustell » Fri May 29, 2015 1:50 pm

Remember it well. This is what younger folk who never saw football before the PL and all-seater cant grasp (understandably). Going to a match in the 70s and 80s was not like going today. You went to war, you went expecting trouble and the fan profile was largely young and male (and well pissed)

Add to that with the idiots putting both fans in the same section - 'oh look it's the juve fans - ATTACK'. Would never have happened any other way I'm afraid.

Ironically it is Italian football, who's fans suffered at the hands of Liverpool's hooligans that day, which is still rooted in the 80s.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Fri May 29, 2015 10:37 pm

Remember that game well, it was a horrible night for football.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Spurge » Sat May 30, 2015 11:18 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:This is when the bindipper supporters need reminding how they fucked English football up for years and years.

They harp on about beign the classiest football team in the universe....I always bring them back down to earth with what they did in heysel.............amazingly,they blame everyone else but them for what happened.

Absolutely 100% spot on.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Spurge wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:This is when the bindipper supporters need reminding how they fucked English football up for years and years.

Absolutely 100% spot on.

And at the time the then chairman tried to pin the blame on Chelsea Fans and National Front members masquerading as Dippers. Unbelievable Jeff.

The final in Istanbul was the same story. Thousands gained entry without tickets and it could have turned very sour. Yet the media praised the club for having amazing fans who will go to any lengths to watch their team. It is as if Heysel never happened
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat May 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Always a terrible month or so of football memories - Hillsborough, Bradford and Heysel. Any of those could have happened to any football fan back then. Despite the loss of atmosphere, I wouldn't to go back.

Although a day of happier memories for us today, at least, at another dump of a ground not fit for purpose.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum