City v Toronto Live via MCFC.CO.UK tonight

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City v Toronto Live via MCFC.CO.UK tonight

Postby Bluedj » Thu May 28, 2015 12:34 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Bluedj wrote:who's no 26?

That's MDM's squad number.
Think Yaya has gone off.

Man his movement is as a good as an oak tree in the midfield lol
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:36 am

Ntcham on as well. Missed that one.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:42 am

Great play between Pozo and Silva. Keeper stopped it with his face.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:44 am

Toronto hit the post. Zabba was caught napping as left full.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:46 am

Was that a penalty? Aguero didn't complain too much.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:51 am

What a goal by George Evans. Only just on as well.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:52 am

Glad I stayed awake now.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:55 am

Garcia getting on for Silva.
And Celina for Boyata.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu May 28, 2015 1:03 am

I enjoyed the game, nice to see the youngsters getting a run out, and what a strike form Evans.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ant london » Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 am

Fantastic strike from Evans

Pozo looked very good in that game I thought. Maffeo didn't look remotely out of his depth either.

Not much time for Celina or Garcia to show much. Fofana ok.

V nice to actually see a decent number of them playing in what was proper first team company though - think that should hopefully have shown to Pellers that they don't look out of place and it is worth keeping trying all summer - never mind shop windowing people a la Scott Sinclair and a Crocky Santa from previous summers
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby twosips » Thu May 28, 2015 1:20 am

Yeah I was impressed with most of them to be honest. Fofana was clearly told to keep it simple, and he did at first. I thought his game became a little more expansive though as the match progressed. It was a decent outing - though I think Ntcham outshone him when he came on. He was full of energy and much less reserved.

Pozo was good. He's had a shite time for the EDS recently so I was really surprised. He's so much better when he's facing the goal as opposed to with his back to it and he really relished linking up with the first team players. Maffeo was solid and reliable as ever - remember when Boyata first came into the team and looked terrified? Onuoha too? That's what kids are supposed to look like. Maffeo doesn't, and that's why he's great. He just gets it right.

Garcia had about three touches in his limited time on the pitch, but they were good. Silva-like, as ever. Celina had even less. Probably two, but he got a shot away as he always manages to do. I was dead chuffed for Evans. His goal was a peach and he looked totally at ease in central midfield. He's a classy player. You never know with a player like him if his game could suddenly rocket amongst better players. Playing with Yaya/Silva is probably a little easier than Scunthorpe's midfield at times. He'll most likely move on, but he deserves a chance first before that happens. Fingers crossed.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby phips » Thu May 28, 2015 1:32 am

Plain Speaking wrote:nice to see the youngsters getting a run out

what match did you watch?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 28, 2015 2:00 am

phips wrote:

The fucking Dortmund match you asshat.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu May 28, 2015 5:03 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
phips wrote:

The fucking Dortmund match you asshat.

Cheers

Titter
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu May 28, 2015 10:21 am

twosips wrote:Yeah I was impressed with most of them to be honest. Fofana was clearly told to keep it simple, and he did at first. I thought his game became a little more expansive though as the match progressed. It was a decent outing - though I think Ntcham outshone him when he came on. He was full of energy and much less reserved.

Pozo was good. He's had a shite time for the EDS recently so I was really surprised. He's so much better when he's facing the goal as opposed to with his back to it and he really relished linking up with the first team players. Maffeo was solid and reliable as ever - remember when Boyata first came into the team and looked terrified? Onuoha too? That's what kids are supposed to look like. Maffeo doesn't, and that's why he's great. He just gets it right.

Garcia had about three touches in his limited time on the pitch, but they were good. Silva-like, as ever. Celina had even less. Probably two, but he got a shot away as he always manages to do. I was dead chuffed for Evans. His goal was a peach and he looked totally at ease in central midfield. He's a classy player. You never know with a player like him if his game could suddenly rocket amongst better players. Playing with Yaya/Silva is probably a little easier than Scunthorpe's midfield at times. He'll most likely move on, but he deserves a chance first before that happens. Fingers crossed.

Just watched the interview and I don't think I have ever seen a wider and more constant smile.Talk about over the moon. Surely if George is going to make it it must be in central midfield! He does read the game well and is an excellent passer of the ball plus a,as last night showed he can score a goal from distance which is a priceless ability.

I actually spoke with him last season ( he's a bit of a cricketer as well) and he was over the moon then at being coached by Vieira. He just couldn't speak highly enough of him.

Overall i thought last night's game was interesting and good to get some of the kids some game time. I would echo the comments made on here so far. With the "full" team out we totally dominated the game and couldn't quite get past the parked bus. Plenty of half chances but there seemed a lack of real organisation in the penalty area to get onto the end of what was being created. Not a great surprise with Bony and Edin playing together for the first time.

Hopefully we will see a little more of one or two players in the Houston game if it goes ahead. I really want to see Maffeo start and I am sure Barker will get a decent run out. And Garcia playing alongside Silva could be a joy to see. My team would be:

Wright ( who cares)
Maffeo,Kompany, Demich,Kolarov
Ntcham,Evans,Silva,Fofana,Barker
Aguero

Fat chance I know. I expect two strikers to start and I would be amazed if Barker started but I can dream.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:54 am

Tired this morning, but really glad I stayed up to watch the match. I pretty much agree with the comments of Ant & Twosips above.
I didn't think any of the youngsters looked out of place, albeit Toronto are no Chelsea.
I enjoyed the game even first half, when it looked like a pretty strong team that we put out. Agree with Doug that we weren't quite organised in front of goal and I thought Dzeko in particular,was quite slow to get a shot away, on occasions. Hardly surprising give the lack of football he has had lately.
I thought Fofana was unspectacular but did no worse than anyone else. He didn't look out of place in that team.
The game was played at a fast pace which was good as City didn't look to be taking it lightly. Toronto put a lot of effort into it too.
Both teams made a lot of changes second half and Toronto too, played some of their youngsters apparently.
For you guys that see them every other week, what I thought from watching the young lads was;
That more so than from seeing them in recent U18, U19 and EDS games I thought they fitted in beside the likes of Silva, Aguero MDM and Zabba without looking anyway out of place. I voiced my worries after some Academy games I've seen recently that these players would be murdered trying to slot into our first team. I have to say, the likes of Dzeko, Fernando and a few others that will probably be leaving are the ones that struggle to play the kind of football we favour. These kids don't have a problem playing fast intricate passing with the likes of Silva and Aguero.
I thought Pozo linked up brilliantly with the pair of them and the speed and movement around the box was much more impressive than a lot of what we've watched in the first team this year.
I agree Maffeo needs to get a place in the squad next season. I really can't see why not. I thought Ntcham did alright, full of energy, but his crossing was no better than Navas's. Fabulous goal by Evans, a player I don't really know much about. Hard to judge Celina and Garcia's contribution, other than to echo what Twosips said. For such small cameos, what they contributed was positive.
Really looking forward to all of them getting decent game time in this tour and any pre-season matches. I even think that Yaya could get a new lease of life with some of these kids thinking as quickly as he does and having the youthful energy to go with the speed of thought.
Feeling far more positive about the prospects of some of these making the break-through next season.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Thu May 28, 2015 11:24 am

Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 28, 2015 11:26 am

There are so many others that could have played last night and not looked out of place if mingled with the established team
Boadu
Ambrose
Angelino
Bryan
Tosin
Lopes
Cole
Hiwula
Wood
Gunn

The future is indeed very bright
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Wonderwall wrote:There are so many others that could have played last night and not looked out of place if mingled with the established team
Boadu
Ambrose
Angelino
Bryan
Tosin
Lopes
Cole
Hiwula
Wood
Gunn

I'd be far more excited at the prospect of half a dozen getting game time next season, than the thoughts of any summer signings coming in.
A top three finish with Academy players featuring would suit me fine. Maybe win a cup with them would be the cherry on the cake. But let's not get greedy.
Add Denayer to the list above also.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 28, 2015 12:28 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:There are so many others that could have played last night and not looked out of place if mingled with the established team
Boadu
Ambrose
Angelino
Bryan
Tosin
Lopes
Cole
Hiwula
Wood
Gunn

I'd be far more excited at the prospect of half a dozen getting game time next season, than the thoughts of any summer signings coming in.
A top three finish with Academy players featuring would suit me fine. Maybe win a cup with them would be the cherry on the cake. But let's not get greedy.
Add Denayer to the list above also.

Lopes and Humphries too and I agree I would sacrifice a year of challenging for the title to get some youngsters bedded in and save us many millions.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum