PSG, Al Sadd, Xavi - Sneaky

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

PSG, Al Sadd, Xavi - Sneaky

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 27, 2015 9:20 am

Xavi's signing for Al Sadd in Qatar did seem VERY far fetched to all of us out here, and we can hardly complain as City seem to have invented the 'genre' of fake transfers.

http://wgoqatar.com/wgoqnews-m/sports/i ... om-al-sadd

A remarkable story from France this morning suggests Paris Saint-Germain will loan Spanish midfielder Xavi from Qatar side Al-Sadd next season. Paris daily paper Le Parisien claim the big-spending Ligue 1 champions will make an approach to take the 35-year-old on loan for the 2015-16 campaign.

Outgoing Barca skipper Xavi confirmed last week that his lengthy association with the Liga titlists would conclude at the end of the current season, and that he has agreed to head to Qatar with Al Sadd.

The owner of Al Sadd is the brother of PSG chief Nasser Al-Khelaifi, drawing comparisons to the shock deal which saw Frank Lampard return to the Premier League with Manchester City for 2014-15 after signing with upstart MLS franchise (and sister club of City) New York City FC.

In September 2014, Xavi laid the groundwork for a move such as his Qatar transfer when he said: "I told the club that I didn’t want to play for another team in Europe; I didn’t want to play against Barcelona." However that could change if the reported deal becomes reality.

PSG and Barcelona drew each other in the last-eight of this season's Champions League, with Barca progressing over two legs. Having seen off Bayern Munich in the semi-finals, the Catalonians meet Juventus in the final in Berlin next weekend.

"Xavi would not be a first choice for Laurent Blanc in midfield. With Thiago Motta and Verratti, he already has competitive players with the same profile. It's clearly not the same profile than Pogba who has a big athletic impact. For these reasons it's not a perfect solution for PSG. But it's still possible as PSG always wants star players and Xavi is one of them in Europe, even at 35 years old.

"In the Champions League, Xavi could bring his experience of big matches and his vision of Barça's possession game which is an important inspiration for Laurent Blanc. But that's about all he can bring in Paris. He would not be the player who is going to make a huge difference on the pitch and get PSG into the semi-finals single-handedly."
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Re: PSG, Al Sadd, Xavi - Sneaky

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:03 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:Xavi's signing for Al Sadd in Qatar did seem VERY far fetched to all of us out here, and we can hardly complain as City seem to have invented the 'genre' of fake transfers.

http://wgoqatar.com/wgoqnews-m/sports/i ... om-al-sadd

A remarkable story from France this morning suggests Paris Saint-Germain will loan Spanish midfielder Xavi from Qatar side Al-Sadd next season. Paris daily paper Le Parisien claim the big-spending Ligue 1 champions will make an approach to take the 35-year-old on loan for the 2015-16 campaign.

Outgoing Barca skipper Xavi confirmed last week that his lengthy association with the Liga titlists would conclude at the end of the current season, and that he has agreed to head to Qatar with Al Sadd.

The owner of Al Sadd is the brother of PSG chief Nasser Al-Khelaifi, drawing comparisons to the shock deal which saw Frank Lampard return to the Premier League with Manchester City for 2014-15 after signing with upstart MLS franchise (and sister club of City) New York City FC.

In September 2014, Xavi laid the groundwork for a move such as his Qatar transfer when he said: "I told the club that I didn’t want to play for another team in Europe; I didn’t want to play against Barcelona." However that could change if the reported deal becomes reality.

PSG and Barcelona drew each other in the last-eight of this season's Champions League, with Barca progressing over two legs. Having seen off Bayern Munich in the semi-finals, the Catalonians meet Juventus in the final in Berlin next weekend.

"Xavi would not be a first choice for Laurent Blanc in midfield. With Thiago Motta and Verratti, he already has competitive players with the same profile. It's clearly not the same profile than Pogba who has a big athletic impact. For these reasons it's not a perfect solution for PSG. But it's still possible as PSG always wants star players and Xavi is one of them in Europe, even at 35 years old.

"In the Champions League, Xavi could bring his experience of big matches and his vision of Barça's possession game which is an important inspiration for Laurent Blanc. But that's about all he can bring in Paris. He would not be the player who is going to make a huge difference on the pitch and get PSG into the semi-finals single-handedly."

Good for them. I've no problem with that at all. I hope PSG don't look for Pogba. One less to contend with.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wooders » Wed May 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Imagine that - if some club associated with the team signed a 35 year old club legend and then just loaned them that player? Wouldn't happen here.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 27, 2015 6:48 pm

Not sure why. He's gone as a top level player
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum