Never Any Credit

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Never Any Credit

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue May 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:To be honest I have no problem with his marking of City, it's just that Arsenal should be about a 4, rags a 3 with Liverpool a 2.

Have a look at the fucking squads Arsenal & Utd have failed with.

So, you have an issue with the marking.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue May 26, 2015 9:11 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:We will always get full credit for ruining football, nothing else.

This is what always makes me smile. The football we've ruined is taking a place at the top table from the rags, dippers and/or tarquins. Chelsea also get shit because of it, but less so than us.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Nice article in would you believe of all organs, the Daily Fail, by Mike Keegan, who states he is an Oldham fan.
Very predictable trolling by rag twats in the comments section too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

Manchester City were derided as rich man's plaything... but seven years on and Sheik Mansour can boast trophies, an academy and the cheapest season tickets in top flight

Manchester City were critcised for ruining football after Sheik Mansour bought the club in 2008
Seven years later the Blues have won two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and the Capital One Cup
City have invested into the community and built state-of-the-art academy
Mocking of the signing Yaya Toure for £24m looks a moot point now

By Mike Keegan For The Daily Mail

Published: 16:03, 15 June 2015 | Updated: 16:52, 15 June 2015

The ink was hardly dry on Sheik Mansour's deal to buy Manchester City before the insults came pouring down as heavy as the city's notorious rain.

Some were to be expected. The usual lines about buying success and ruining football, despite the fact that ship sailed more than 20 years ago and that nobody tried to sink it as it left harbour.

It was the jibes from within which hurt the most.

Sheik Mansour was accused of ruining football by critics inside and out of the club after buying City in 2008

Colin Schindler, City fan and author of the book Manchester United Ruined My Life, wrote: 'At least this Abu Dhabi lot have got money, but that's all they've got.

'They've taken my love who (former owner Thaksin) Shinawatra turned into a whore, cloaked her in the finest of silk dresses and doused her in the most seductive of Arabian fragrances.

'I don't recognise her any longer. She might look beautiful but she's rotten at the core.'

Nice.

And when City began to spend to catch up with the best it got worse.

In 2010 after they paid £24m to Barcelona for Yaya Toure and handed him around £250,000-a-week one report read: 'giving a quarter-of-a-million quid every seven days to a defensive squad player who no other club would have touched for that kind of money and whose name won’t sell shirts, is insanity on a previously unimagined scale'.

There is a paranoia among many City fans about the media. On the whole, it is unjustified, but with comments like that it is no wonder it exists.

In the same piece the author asked where deals like the one for Toure (who turned out alright for a squad player) would leave the price of season tickets in five years time.

Well, five years have passed and, with the Etihad Stadium currently being expanded, season tickets can still be had at City for less than £300 – cheaper than anywhere else in the Premier League.

Hell – if I wanted a season ticket to watch my own club Oldham Athletic embark on their 18th consecutive season in League One eight miles up the road I would have to pay more than that.

At the end of this summer it will be seven years since the takeover which seems as good a time as any to review.

In those seven years City, perennial underachievers for the previous 40 years, have won the Premier League twice, the FA Cup and and the Capital One Cup.

The Arabian fragrance alluded to carries the sweet scent of success for supporters who had suffered fools in charge of their club for far too long.

Typical City, formerly used to describe the latest cock-up at Maine Road, now means something entirely different.

But in this case it is so much more than buying great players and winning trophies - and that is the point.

Last year, City opened their gleaming new £200m Academy across the road from the Etihad.

Its construction created dozens of jobs for locals and turned wasteland on which an imposing former dyeworks once operated into a shiny, state-of-the-art landmark in one of Manchester's most deprived wards.

They love City at Manchester council and why wouldn't they? Who else would bring investment like this?

The academy project also included a new sixth form college and a host of facilities for a community that was certainly in need of them.

And then there is the commitment to nurturing young talent within that academy. That the sons of Reds Robin van Persie, Phil Neville and Darren Fletcher play with the Blues speaks volumes.

Jason Wilcox, the former Blackburn man now in charge of City's Under 18s, told me a few weeks ago they were very confident that when Manchester's best youngsters saw what City had to offer they would not go anywhere else.

It was hard not to believe him.

When Sheikh Mansour arrived some voiced a view that City were a rich man's play thing and that he would soon become bored.

Indeed there have been many occasions over the seven years when he could have taken his bat and ball home, none more so than when the good folks at UEFA decided to hit City with Financial Fair Play restrictions.

That's the Manchester club whose owners have invested more than £1bn, not the one at the other end of the Mancunian Way whose owners have taken hundreds of millions out.

But the Sheik's commitment remains as strong as ever, even after a second-placed season which, in these heady days, can be considered a disappointment.

In his end of term interview last week chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak spoke of 'an emotional attachment' to the club.

He mentioned the £350m generated in revenue that has put City among the world's elite and added that they are now profitable, 'a sustainable engine'.

There was no bullet for manager Manuel Pellegrini, just a vow to provide him with silver for another big summer in the transfer market.

'I have been here for seven years,' Al Mubarak added. 'Every walk I have through Manchester, every lunch or dinner, it is now a second home.'

His words will have been music to the ears of City fans who may well wonder whether the snipers who greeted his boss's arrival with such disdain are now singing from a different hymn sheet.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3d9G8VjNi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:22 pm

Still hope the daily mail goes out of business, worse than the fucking sun. At least the sun knows its a fucking joke..at least It should by now.. the mail?..give me strength
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Media quick to take us on, Never got my head around Rednose along with Maureen, they abuse the press refusing to speak, claiming made up shite. Yet the media never ever get stuck into them. City have more class, however a blasting here and there would if nothing else give us a chuckle.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:26 am

Hazy2 wrote:Media quick to take us on, Never got my head around Rednose along with Maureen, they abuse the press refusing to speak, claiming made up shite. Yet the media never ever get stuck into them. City have more class, however a blasting here and there would if nothing else give us a chuckle.

I meant to add how would both of the above deal with our Friday Pressers.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:52 pm

was on Newsnow and saw a talkshite article entitled "REVEALED: Top 10 Premier League clubs with the MOST debt"

Well that's one negative they can't accuse us of I thought.

WRONG

They've got us a no 9 with 67 million, and that bloody picture of a banknote with the Sheikh's head on it.

CUNTS

And they've understated rags debt by 50 odd million.

http://talksport.com/football/revealed- ... 0618149584
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:54 pm

patrickblue wrote:was on Newsnow and saw a talkshite article entitled "REVEALED: Top 10 Premier League clubs with the MOST debt"

Well that's one negative they can't accuse us of I thought.

WRONG

They've got us a no 9 with 67 million, and that bloody picture of a banknote with the Sheikh's head on it.

CUNTS

And they've understated rags debt by 50 odd million.

http://talksport.com/football/revealed- ... 0618149584

I saw that one today..my goodness they really are fuckwits
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:59 am

PrezIke wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:It's a good question. Why should people have such a negative view of us? Jealousy, mis information from the ex rag/dipper pundits?

Seems like this is part of why things are this way. I believe I heard somewhere that over time this will change as say players like Zaba or Komps, who have very good chances at being pundits in some form, could join the ranks and could sway some of the negativity away from us.

Chelsea of course think they are targets, and I do believe they are the least popular outside of their own fans, but Chelsea are regularly hailed by the media regardless of Mourinho's conspiracy fears.

The media plays to its audience, nothing more.

A positive story about the rags or scouse filth will get better readership numbers, almost as good is a negative story about anyone challenging the established order. Chelsea were similarily crucified back in 2003, but never as visceral because at the time there was enough room at the trough for all the little piggys. Now we've pushed out the dippers and rags in different seasons and taken their spot and their media lapdogs are unleashed in our general direction.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:02 am

That's what happens when you use the Mail as a source. The Mail article is interesting in that they have a graphic that shows wages as a percentage of income amongst other things - with QPR's wages being almost twice their income no doubt thanks to Harry and his 'Portsmouth' model of operation.

I'd better give them some credit since I'm borrowing the image from: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ealth.html

VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:56 am

Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:It's a good question. Why should people have such a negative view of us? Jealousy, mis information from the ex rag/dipper pundits?

Seems like this is part of why things are this way. I believe I heard somewhere that over time this will change as say players like Zaba or Komps, who have very good chances at being pundits in some form, could join the ranks and could sway some of the negativity away from us.

Chelsea of course think they are targets, and I do believe they are the least popular outside of their own fans, but Chelsea are regularly hailed by the media regardless of Mourinho's conspiracy fears.

The media plays to its audience, nothing more.

A positive story about the rags or scouse filth will get better readership numbers, almost as good is a negative story about anyone challenging the established order. Chelsea were similarily crucified back in 2003, but never as visceral because at the time there was enough room at the trough for all the little piggys. Now we've pushed out the dippers and rags in different seasons and taken their spot and their media lapdogs are unleashed in our general direction.

nothing more than that.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:41 am

Never ceases to amaze me the slant these cnts put on things

In that graphic we have £42.5m "flop" Mangala but the filth have £59.7m "marquee signing" Di Maria

Agenda?? What agenda???
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:33 am

dave watson's perm wrote:Never ceases to amaze me the slant these cnts put on things

In that graphic we have £42.5m "flop" Mangala but the filth have £59.7m "marquee signing" Di Maria

Agenda?? What agenda???

Its really irritating isnt it. I have a very severe dislike of the media and rag love in.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:49 am

Some silly comments there, arsenals debt is described as 'good debt' whatever good debt is I dont know. Apparently west ham are champions in 5 years.....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
dave watson's perm wrote:Never ceases to amaze me the slant these cnts put on things

Agenda?? What agenda???

Its really irritating isnt it. I have a very severe dislike of the media and rag love in.

It's not just the Mail either, I heard another paper calling Mangala effectively the same thing. Someone needs to show them your post proving he's our most effective defender when it comes to points earned from games started.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Agenda?? What agenda???

It's not just the Mail either, I heard another paper calling Mangala effectively the same thing. Someone needs to show them your post proving he's our most effective defender when it comes to points earned from games started.

why let the truth get in the way of a good story ;-) but there is NO AGENDA of course not
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Manchester City have a debt of £67M?

I love the way Mangala is referred to as a "flop", but Di Maria is a "marquee signing".
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Slim wrote:Manchester City have a debt of £67M?

I love the way Mangala is referred to as a "flop", but Di Maria is a "marquee signing".

I know I shouldn't even ask, but I was was wondering about that. Where would they even make that up from?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:06 pm

Agenda?? What agenda???

There's no scummier paper than the Daily Hitler.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:14 pm

[quote="Slim"]Manchester City have a debt of £67M?
We owe it to the council.

FINANCE LEASE ON ETIHAD STADIUM
On 5 August 2003 Maine Road was exchanged for a 250 year leasehold interest in the Etihad Stadium. Rental payments are made quarterly. The lease has been treated as a finance lease, with the lease premium and the net present value of future rental obligations capitalised.

A finance lease creditor equal to the future obligations under the lease has been established. In calculating the future obligations an interest rate of 7.57% and an estimated long term inflation rate of 2.5% have been applied. This reflects the discount rate previously applied to the finance lease before the amendment as the directors consider this reflects the rate at which they could borrow from a third party.

The finance lease liability was initially established at £34,903,000. In the year ended 31 May 2013 the lease was renegotiated with Manchester City Council and certain terms were amended. As a result fixed asset additions of £29,257,000 were recognised to reflect the capital enhancement of the stadium asset, the revaluation reserve was reduced by £29,257,000 to ensure the total value of the stadium asset following the additions did not exceed the 2013 GVA Grimley valuation. This resulted in an amended initial finance lease liability of £67,614,000.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum