Never Any Credit

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Never Any Credit

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 26, 2015 3:20 pm

When we win something, everyone says we should win it anyway? When we dont win something we are crucified! Last year, Jamie Redknapp said if all we did was win the C1Cup, the season would be deemed as a failure. Why should people have this view, I completely disagree with it, no other team gets the same treatment and bad press that we get. I used to think BBC's Phil McNulty was OK, however, I looked at his season review and scores and thought he is off his tits if he gives Pellgrini, players and season view such a low score....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32799483

If you cant be arsed clicking on the link, this is the general theme with scores out of 10 (i have provided the scores for the top 10 league teams)

1. Manager: Jose Mourinho 9 Players: 8 Season: 8
2. Manager: Manuel Pellegrini 5 Players: 5 Season: 5
3. Manager: Arsene Wenger 6 Players: 7 Season: 7
4. Manager: Louis van Gaal 7 Players: 7 Season: 7
5. Manager: Mauricio Pochettino 6 Players: 6 Season: 6
6. Manager: Brendan Rodgers 5 Players: 4 Season: 5
7. Manager: Ronald Koeman 9 Players: 8 Season: 8
8. Manager: Garry Monk 8 Players: 7 Season: 7
9. Manager: Mark Hughes 8 Players: 7 Season: 7
10. Manager: Neil Warnock 3 / Alan Pardew 8 Players: 7 Season: 7
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Never Any Credit

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 26, 2015 3:24 pm

What makes it worse WW is a significant minority of City fans buy into this type of bullshit and would probably give the same scores.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Slim » Tue May 26, 2015 3:31 pm

The guy is a moron.

He even highlights the "I'm a moron" moment for us.

Let's see if anyone can spot it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What makes it worse WW is a significant minority of City fans buy into this type of bullshit and would probably give the same scores.

Was thinking the same as I read it.
It may seem obvious to us why City got such low marks.
The most glaringly biased marks of all in that list though, has to be the United ones.
Honestly how can they get 7's across the board, with the amount they spent, the manager playing shite football,
with players that although they underperformed, were played in a system totally alien to their idea of what football is about.(I hope)
I really don't think this is what Falcao and Di Maria thought they were coming to.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nige » Tue May 26, 2015 3:37 pm

So we thinks we've generally done as well/bad as LFC. Unreal! Twat.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue May 26, 2015 3:53 pm

Slim wrote:The guy is a moron.

team he predicted to finish 3rd but finishes 4th scores higher than the team who achieved his prediction of finishing 2nd. genius.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue May 26, 2015 3:55 pm

It's a good question. Why should people have such a negative view of us? Jealousy, mis information from the ex rag/dipper pundits?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue May 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Interesting that when we finish, once again in the top 2 and the most consistent team out there, this knob-jockey chooses to portray it has something bad. He gives us 5s all around, the same as Gnasher, who has been absolutely dire. The question begs, what score would we have got if we'd won?

Look how we are near airbrushed out of history? Aguero, no PotY award, Mancini & Pellers overlooked for MotY for the media darlings and even our win last year was soon erased from memory the following day. And while this continues it will affect our growth as a club with the constant drip of media bias. Fuck, they even have managers coming out and telling the world how we are basically cheating our way through, even if the little scrote did it the exact same way, each time he's been here.

Just the same old bullshit though. Whether it be the type of agenda we've been privy to with EUFA and FFP or the biased reporting that goes into getting the advertising clicks, it's all the same and nothing will change in the not so distant.

And to think, these cunts used to call us 'Bitter'. How the world changes, eh.

Cunts, the lot of them but I sleep easy in the knowledge that we make them squirm. Long may it continue.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 26, 2015 4:08 pm

I saw this in the media reports of "most disappointing team of the season" bollox which many picked as City.

Meanwhile... Uefa stitched us up AND as a result most others spent way way more. And we get stick? It's ridiculous.

2nd is the new in the shit for little ole City. I'll take that I guess. Cunts.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 26, 2015 4:31 pm

To be honest I have no problem with his marking of City, it's just that Arsenal should be about a 4, rags a 3 with Liverpool a 2.

Have a look at the fucking squads Arsenal & Utd have failed with.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:52 pm

It's a joke. Clearly there is untold jealousy of our wealth and owners. Frankly it's embarrassing.

But no one will listen as they all feel the same
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Slim » Tue May 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Slim wrote:The guy is a moron.

team he predicted to finish 3rd but finishes 4th scores higher than the team who achieved his prediction of finishing 2nd. genius.

I was thinking he made a point of telling us how many consecutive seasons Arsenal have spent in the Champion's League and then picks them to finish 5th.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Tue May 26, 2015 5:09 pm

I thougt the same when I read it.

It reminded me of some journo they had on talkshite a few weeks back going on about the manager of the year.
He was wanking over maureen, and also had Koeman (fair enough) Monk, (again probably fair enough) and of course Van Ghoul on his shortlist.

Last year when we won the double, Pellers didn't get a mention, it was all about Pulis.

Now the special one has won the same trophies, he's all of a sudden a genius, and Pearson, who did a comparable job to last years Pulis great escape doesn't get a mention.

And as for Van haircut, if it was City it would have been put down as a failure after spending all that money.

They're all cunts.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue May 26, 2015 5:36 pm

I agree with the OP. I suspect there is an element of racism in the western media prejudice?

If our middle eastern owners were rich American backers I think the bias would be a lot less.

Hopefully we will continue to grow and succeed, which will increase their bitterness.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue May 26, 2015 5:56 pm

Quite amazing really. Initially I thought it was a wind up, then on re-reading it realised the "journalist" actually believes what he is writing.

It does annoy me to a certain extent when my club gets shit which is undeserved from most media outlets, certainly in this country. However a part of me also thinks "fuck em". Let them write shite about us if they want. It won't alter our league position nor the viewpoint of our owners. When we next win the league, whether next season or sometime after, we will have another pot on the sideboard and be another title closer to the rags. In about a decade when we will have been champions six or seven times with a further five or six runners up spots, a number of cup wins and possible European glory, then we may get some grudging appreciation .
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ruralblue » Tue May 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Used to bother me but all it does now is make the press look dicks. Once another team get a mass injection of cash then it will pass. Also when our academy roll out a couple of England players then it will hopefully change.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 26, 2015 6:09 pm

patrickblue wrote:I thougt the same when I read it.

It reminded me of some journo they had on talkshite a few weeks back going on about the manager of the year.
He was wanking over maureen, and also had Koeman (fair enough) Monk, (again probably fair enough) and of course Van Ghoul on his shortlist.

Last year when we won the double, Pellers didn't get a mention, it was all about Pulis.

Now the special one has won the same trophies, he's all of a sudden a genius, and Pearson, who did a comparable job to last years Pulis great escape doesn't get a mention.

And as for Van haircut, if it was City it would have been put down as a failure after spending all that money.

They're all cunts.

Not forgetting the incredible achievement done on a shoestring budget, he only brought in a couple of small time players to help him!!
Juan Cuadrado
Loïc Rémy
Filipe Luís
Cesc Fàbregas
Thibaut Courtois
Diego Costa
Didier Drogba
Kurt Zouma
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue May 26, 2015 6:30 pm

We will always get full credit for ruining football, nothing else.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue May 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Its laughable, it really is...but as Rural said, all it does is make the press and media look like twats because theyve obviously got some little bee in their bonnet about what happened in 2008. I think the contempt is mutual but its a shame there cant be a little bit of balance and fairness. Thats why Ive warmed to Nigel Pearson recently...he has the same contempt for the know nothing low-lives as I do.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby PrezIke » Tue May 26, 2015 7:11 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:It's a good question. Why should people have such a negative view of us? Jealousy, mis information from the ex rag/dipper pundits?

Seems like this is part of why things are this way. I believe I heard somewhere that over time this will change as say players like Zaba or Komps, who have very good chances at being pundits in some form, could join the ranks and could sway some of the negativity away from us.

Chelsea of course think they are targets, and I do believe they are the least popular outside of their own fans, but Chelsea are regularly hailed by the media regardless of Mourinho's conspiracy fears.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum