Toure - staying?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Toure - staying?

Postby zuricity » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:54 pm

Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Without him we win zero trophies.

Things that happened last summer are something that are understandably frustrating for fans to see from our vantage point, yet loss is powerful. It is not something we can account for easily in terms of how people will react when it is experienced. I have seen reactions that could appear shocking but are not necessarily indicative of the person entirely. Most of us are not being analysed by the public regularly so we can afford to make mistakes and go through hard times. You see this regularly in mental health...yet humans also possess the capacity to recover, particularly those who possess a strong sense of determination and resiliency.

It is later in his career so he won't be the master of tracking back, sure, but his quality is still immense, is widely respected by his peers (perhaps partly why our team dropped in performance as well...when a key leader drops in mentality) and has been a key player in helping us lift multiple trophies.

If he left this summer how would we feel now exactly?

Sorry, can you answer two questions for me? These are in relation to your first sentence.

1. Did we have him with us last season?
2. How many trophies did we win?

I have honestly not read the rest of your post because I stopped to reply to you after your first 6 words of utter bollocks. One can only assume the rest of the post is polluted with the same tripe.

Make up your mind Slim, is it tripe or bollocks ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Slim wrote:

Things that happened last summer are something that are understandably frustrating for fans to see from our vantage point, yet loss is powerful. It is not something we can account for easily in terms of how people will react when it is experienced. I have seen reactions that could appear shocking but are not necessarily indicative of the person entirely. Most of us are not being analysed by the public regularly so we can afford to make mistakes and go through hard times. You see this regularly in mental health...yet humans also possess the capacity to recover, particularly those who possess a strong sense of determination and resiliency.

It is later in his career so he won't be the master of tracking back, sure, but his quality is still immense, is widely respected by his peers (perhaps partly why our team dropped in performance as well...when a key leader drops in mentality) and has been a key player in helping us lift multiple trophies.

Sorry, can you answer two questions for me? These are in relation to your first sentence.

I have honestly not read the rest of your post because I stopped to reply to you after your first 6 words of utter bollocks. One can only assume the rest of the post is polluted with the same tripe.

The point of the sentence was to argue that without him we would have not won the trophies won in the previous years since his arrival. Does that make sense and do you wish to argue against the claim? If so I am all ears.

No fool would argue he didn't have a poor season last year. The rest of the post, however, was to point out perhaps why he dropped in form and why he could return to close to it, despite his obvious weaknesses, of which almost all players have, even those apparently more beloved than he. Yet, since mental health is not considered something that can be "injured" like a broken leg, despite the fact that scientists would argue it is, is seen as unacceptable, popularly across most cultures.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:48 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Slim wrote:

The point of the sentence was to argue that without him we would have not won the trophies won in the previous years since his arrival. Does that make sense and do you wish to argue against the claim? If so I am all ears.

No fool would argue he didn't have a poor season last year. The rest of the post, however, was to point out perhaps why he dropped in form and why he could return to close to it, despite his obvious weaknesses, of which almost all players have, even those apparently more beloved than he. Yet, since mental health is not considered something that can be "injured" like a broken leg, despite the fact that scientists would argue it is, is seen as unacceptable, popularly across most cultures.

You want me to argue against reality with conjecture?

I'll leave that to you with your "we'd have won nothing without him" stance.

Also, I'll let you explain your lack of faith in Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Hart, Dzeko, Barry, Milner, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Tevez, Mancini, Pellegrini, Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour. As obviously you believe them all completely inept and unable to get anything done without Yaya there to place his hands on his knees and watch the counter attack pass him by.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Slim wrote:

Also, I'll let you explain your lack of faith in Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Hart, Dzeko, Barry, Milner, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Tevez, Mancini, Pellegrini, Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour. As obviously you believe them all completely inept and unable to get anything done without Yaya there to place his hands on his knees and watch the counter attack pass him by.

You post on here so often, but there's rarely anything of substance at all.

I don't even know why you're disagreeing with him. You don't present a counter point at all besides pointing out a technicality that doesn't prove anything outside of the obvious.

He says Yaya played whenever we won a trophy and played a major part in winning a trophy. You say we didn't win any trophies over a period when Yaya played. That is not a counter point, just a statement of fact.

The last paragraph you wrote is just talking nonsense and arguing against something that no one said.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:30 pm

There's a row brewing.

About fucking time too
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:59 pm

bigblue wrote:
Slim wrote:

You post on here so often, but there's rarely anything of substance at all.

I don't even know why you're disagreeing with him. You don't present a counter point at all besides pointing out a technicality that doesn't prove anything outside of the obvious.

He says Yaya played whenever we won a trophy and played a major part in winning a trophy. You say we didn't win any trophies over a period when Yaya played. That is not a counter point, just a statement of fact.

The last paragraph you wrote is just talking nonsense and arguing against something that no one said.

Without him we win zero trophies.

His implication, my conjecture was he must not have too high an opinion of everyone else in the organisation if he believes the above statement.

And as for my posting, I've posted 31 times in the last 30 days in comparison to your 65 posts over the same period and not once did I feel the need pollute the board with a picture of a fat chick with a taggart tattoo. Substance? Best put those stones down.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:14 am

Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Slim wrote:

Spot on Slim.

For me, this says it all about Yaya's current age and state of fitness, 'inter alia'.

He's certainly going to have to work his socks off and perform miracles in this coming season, if he is to eradicate all the awful impressions left behind of the last one.

With regard to the loss of Yaya's brother, sometimes it 'helps' a little when losing a loved one, to throw yourself into your work and gain some, albeit temporary, relief from the heartbreak felt. Yaya just seemed to take the obverse viewpoint whilst still continuing to collect his City wages.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:33 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
He's certainly going to have to work his socks off and perform miracles in this coming season, if he is to eradicate all the awful impressions .

Watch on youtube.com
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:25 pm

Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Slim wrote:

I get what you are trying to say, but that is not what I am arguing. Of course all of those listed were key to the past success, but I firstly would not rate all equally. Yaya is one of the top 3-4 players we have had and has been here throughout. No disrespect to some listed, but they are not as good as he is. Interesting how that seems lost in the argument, and maybe that's why Yaya verbalised that he felt he did not get the respect he deserves when he had an incredible year two seasons ago, but finished 3rd in player of the year voting, and 2nd was Gerrard.

Regardless of this point would you also wish to include the shortcomings of the other players you listed other than Yaya? What about the times when Barry was burned due to his lack of pace? The injury records of some others listed and how that has hurt the team due to their long absences, whilst he RARELY misses a game due to this? Some who also have not put in effort on the pitch either or had rows with the club and management, but are somehow forgiven because of perceived "effort on the pitch?" You interestingly left out Nasri and Balotelli as others who have been important and have similar question marks as Yaya. Nasri is probably the least liked player of the era other than Yaya for the same reasons. Balo more liked but before his assist to Aguero had none the entire season to that point.

I get it, I really do. It's always about "effort" to fans in sport. Players who don't show it in games where the importance of being a "two way player" or where playing attack and defence are required always lead to these kinds of questions and criticism of those that are not as good. I am a big basketball fan and this comes up regularly. Yet, some players are so good at one thing that you might be willing to look the other way a bit due to other strengths, and you then build the team and employ tactics that hopefully will mask this a bit. Could we not also criticize Pellegrini, who I of course an a supporter of, whose tactics may have left players like Yaya and Kompany more exposed than under Mancini, who also warrants criticism for other reasons we have discussed for years.

Perception from fans about Yaya's effort also seemed more pronounced last season as I don't recall these complaints as much before nor do I recall noticing it as much either the season prior. Again, I gave possible reasons this could have occurred which is my point that seems to be lost, and instead this has turned into why Yaya is not really that important or more important than anyone else on the team, which I don't agree either with anyway.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:54 am

Actually that all made a lot of sense.

However one point was I said about his hands on knees attitude in his first season, not my fault if the rest of you are this slow to catch up. And yes effort, can you imagine the player he'd be if he played with the same intensity as James Milner? FFS we'd win the league..at a canter..in March.

He should have been POTY two seasons ago, no question. Probably would have been if he'd put in some effort. :)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Spurge » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:28 am

Well he is talking it up for the coming season on the official site (as you'd expect) but if he is pumped and has put the problems from last season behind him, then he is certainly a player I'd want to be in our starting 11.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Wooders » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:31 am

Add to the fact our transfer window appears to be going a bit wank, we should be glad we still got him
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Slim wrote:Actually that all made a lot of sense.

However one point was I said about his hands on knees attitude in his first season, not my fault if the rest of you are this slow to catch up. And yes effort, can you imagine the player he'd be if he played with the same intensity as James Milner? FFS we'd win the league..at a canter..in March.

He should have been POTY two seasons ago, no question. Probably would have been if he'd put in some effort. :)

Fair points. I'd suggest that I think the chances of him starting as a no. 10 more frequently this season are higher to cover (no pun intended) this issue.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum