Toure - staying?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Toure - staying?

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Is he staying?

Let's hope so, and it's looking very likely. On his day, unstoppable. We as a team just need to play a system and personnel to help achieve this
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:25 pm

It's a shame people are willing to forgive so quickly and make excuses after the bollocks he pulled last season. Given his age he will only get worse, we should get rid now.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:45 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:It's a shame people are willing to forgive so quickly and make excuses after the bollocks he pulled last season. Given his age he will only get worse, we should get rid now.

Not sure it's forgive and forget. Some of us think there is a significance in the U-turn in attitudes from all concerned. The thought is that senior figures have had a word andvhe maybe instrumental in the Pogba deal, if we get him. If this is true then having his likes around even after his best playing days are over, may be worth a lot to our management/owner. Either way, I'm willing to trust their judgement on it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby bigblue » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:26 am

MilnersJaw wrote:It's a shame people are willing to forgive so quickly and make excuses after the bollocks he pulled last season. Given his age he will only get worse, we should get rid now.

Did he really say all what you think he said or did 95% of it come through his agent? And was all this right around the time when his little brother died from cancer only a few weeks prior??

You're a complete cunt if you can't forgive him for making a few irrational comments after his little brother's passing. He's not a pillar of rational/stoic thought and action, he's a 32 year old professional footballer who has the eyes of the world on him (and constantly asking him about his work) during a massive personal tragedy.

How would you act if your little brother passed away? I'd go mental. Hell, I'm even getting upset just at the thought of it.

And what's he done for City?

He has been one of the top 3 players who have taken our club to the next level. Played for City for 5 years, helped us win 3 trophies, scored a winning goal in a final, one of the most universally respected players by fellow professionals, always speaks positively about City when asked, and has been the first name on the team sheet for the vast majority of his time here.

Fuck off and follow Milner to Liverpool, your attitude would fit right in over there.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:59 am

bigblue wrote:

Did he really say all what you think he said or did 95% of it come through his agent? And was all this right around the time when his little brother died from cancer only a few weeks prior??

You're a complete cunt if you can't forgive him for making a few irrational comments after his little brother's passing. He's not a pillar of rational/stoic thought and action, he's a 32 year old professional footballer who has the eyes of the world on him (and constantly asking him about his work) during a massive personal tragedy.

How would you act if your little brother passed away? I'd go mental. Hell, I'm even getting upset just at the thought of it.

He has been one of the top 3 players who have taken our club to the next level. Played for City for 5 years, helped us win 3 trophies, scored a winning goal in a final, one of the most universally respected players by fellow professionals, always speaks positively about City when asked, and has been the first name on the team sheet for the vast majority of his time here.

Fuck off and follow Milner to Liverpool, your attitude would fit right in over there.

4 trophies :)
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:08 am

bigblue wrote:

Colin Bell won a lot, but I think his best days are probably behind him. I think his numerous outburts last summer would have been forgiven if he'd performed last year, wheras either he wasn't interested or he's finished.

Yaya's game relied on the long runs which left him lay on the floor 2 seasons ago. I'm not sure how many of them he's got left. For the right offer, I think we should let him go, unless Pogba coming is reliant on Yaya being here.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:34 am

1 more season to hand over to Pogba hopefully!

I hope we can also scale back his usage and use some of his versatility.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby bigblue » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:43 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Colin Bell won a lot, but I think his best days are probably behind him. I think his numerous outburts last summer would have been forgiven if he'd performed last year, wheras either he wasn't interested or he's finished.

Yaya's game relied on the long runs which left him lay on the floor 2 seasons ago. I'm not sure how many of them he's got left. For the right offer, I think we should let him go, unless Pogba coming is reliant on Yaya being here.

How does what Yaya said when going through a difficult personal experience, have anything to do with his performance on the field? Is what he (not his agent) said so bad that he has to reprove his worth and beg for forgiveness from City fans for all of his sins? What a load of horseshit! What a sense of entitlement some fans have these days.

Do you demand the same from your friends and family if they misspeak or say something stupid during a difficult period in their life? "Son, I'd love to forgive you for calling me an insensitive fucktard after your girlfriend killed herself... but you came to Christmas dinner 45 minutes late and didn't meet your quarterly sales figures at work." Or do you realize that no one is perfect and move on.

Also - "For the right offer" we should sell any player over 30 years old, but that's not really saying anything is it. It's like saying that we should buy a world class youngster if they're available "for the right price". So obvious that it's completely meaningless.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:34 am

Look at Dzeko walking round the pitch. Did he look happy ?

And yet both he & his agent say he wants to stay at City. 'Ahh but he has to say that' is the reply. No he fucking doesn't; if we sell him he gets all his bonuses etc, he doesn't have to say fuck all. He would stay at City, whatever he says once he's gone.

City have been asking around about interest in Dzeko, & he knows it. Now it looks as if he & his agent have been talking to those contacts.

As I said last season; that's what happened with Yaya imo.

He found out we were testing the water about offloading him. That's what it's all been about. City didn't get a big enough offer & that's why he's still here. If the stupid money reported had been offered, had been genuine, he would have been sacrificed for ffp. It was bollocks. His agent said at the time that he wants to be 'valued' by City & would like to stay on, even after his career ends. Yaya had said several times prior to that, he wanted to stay but 'you can't be certain'. Why ? Because City were talking to people about selling him & he knows it. Nasri said the same, just out of the blue. Same reason.

In mid season, Yaya helped persuade Bony to sign for City, telling him what a fantastic club it is. That is a FACT. Bony was confused about rumours Yaya would be leaving, because he was the biggest advocate of Bony signing for City.

Yaya's own position at the club for this season was subject to rumour & various clubs approached him. Then Khladoon told him he was invaluable to City & he immediately ceased contact with other clubs & reaffirmed his desire to stay at City.

Now he has been working on persuading Pogba to sign for City.

In the midst of all this, he threw a wobbler at the time his brother died. City stayed quiet, much to the annoyance of those who wanted public flogging. Why did City stay quiet ? Because they figured it was probably an emotional outburst.

That's basically what he's still being judged on, not the rest.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bigblue » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:05 am

Bearded Yaya seems ready to go!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... 1436289664

“I’m just really looking forward to next season and it feels great to be back,” smiled Yaya.

“I’m going to work as hard as I can in pre-season and we’re already looking forward to playing in front of our own fans again in six weeks or so.

“I’ve had a good summer with plenty of rest and I’ve just relaxed as much as possible so I can be ready for the new season. I’ve had two or three years full of competition and constant playing and it was a break I really needed.

It was important to rest, de-stress and recharge my batteries and I’m feeling really good. I’m also going to try and keep my beard for as long as possible but we’ll see how it goes!

He said: “I’m not the biggest fan of pre-season if I’m honest, but we all know we have to prepare well and eat properly so we’re good to go at the start of the season.

“As for predictions, I don’t want to say we’ll do this or that – just that we have our targets and we want to make the fans and this Club proud. Last season was disappointing by our own standards because we know we could have done better.

“We are looking forward to welcoming some new players as well which will strengthen the team and together we want to achieve something really big this year. We are looking forward to bouncing back very strongly.”

It is true that between the African Nations Cup and WC, Yaya hasn't gotten a proper rest in years. Looking forward to next season!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:40 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Look at Dzeko walking round the pitch. Did he look happy ?

And yet both he & his agent say he wants to stay at City. 'Ahh but he has to say that' is the reply. No he fucking doesn't; if we sell him he gets all his bonuses etc, he doesn't have to say fuck all. He would stay at City, whatever he says once he's gone.

City have been asking around about interest in Dzeko, & he knows it. Now it looks as if he & his agent have been talking to those contacts.

He found out we were testing the water about offloading him. That's what it's all been about. City didn't get a big enough offer & that's why he's still here. If the stupid money reported had been offered, had been genuine, he would have been sacrificed for ffp. It was bollocks. His agent said at the time that he wants to be 'valued' by City & would like to stay on, even after his career ends. Yaya had said several times prior to that, he wanted to stay but 'you can't be certain'. Why ? Because City were talking to people about selling him & he knows it. Nasri said the same, just out of the blue. Same reason.

In mid season, Yaya helped persuade Bony to sign for City, telling him what a fantastic club it is. That is a FACT. Bony was confused about rumours Yaya would be leaving, because he was the biggest advocate of Bony signing for City.

Yaya's own position at the club for this season was subject to rumour & various clubs approached him. Then Khladoon told him he was invaluable to City & he immediately ceased contact with other clubs & reaffirmed his desire to stay at City.

In the midst of all this, he threw a wobbler at the time his brother died. City stayed quiet, much to the annoyance of those who wanted public flogging. Why did City stay quiet ? Because they figured it was probably an emotional outburst.

I'm so glad we have you on the board to turn opinions and speculation into concrete facts about exactly what's going on inside the club, what Khaldoon is thinking, who is saying what to whom, and who is talking to other clubs etc.

Thanks, we can all dispose of the message board now, it would be easier to just follow you in a blog
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Socrates » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:57 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

I'm so glad we have you on the board to turn opinions and speculation into concrete facts about exactly what's going on inside the club, what Khaldoon is thinking, who is saying what to whom, and who is talking to other clubs etc.

Thanks, we can all dispose of the message board now, it would be easier to just follow you in a blog

I thought this was his blog?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:04 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Ted Hughes wrote:

Why not just try having a better argument, rather than attempting to stop me from having an opinion, again ?

Socrates wrote:
I thought this was his blog?

And you ? Fuckinell.

Hahaha.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:22 pm

Socrates, we need to rename you Lazarus.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby bigblue » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:05 am

Video of the interview:

http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Interviews/201 ... new-season

He's talking good about the Club, looking forward to meeting the fans again, admits last season was sub-par, and is ready make the fans proud this next season. What more could you want from a player?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:47 am

Without him we win zero trophies.

Things that happened last summer are something that are understandably frustrating for fans to see from our vantage point, yet loss is powerful. It is not something we can account for easily in terms of how people will react when it is experienced. I have seen reactions that could appear shocking but are not necessarily indicative of the person entirely. Most of us are not being analysed by the public regularly so we can afford to make mistakes and go through hard times. You see this regularly in mental health...yet humans also possess the capacity to recover, particularly those who possess a strong sense of determination and resiliency.

It is later in his career so he won't be the master of tracking back, sure, but his quality is still immense, is widely respected by his peers (perhaps partly why our team dropped in performance as well...when a key leader drops in mentality) and has been a key player in helping us lift multiple trophies.

If he left this summer how would we feel now exactly?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:04 am

PrezIke wrote:Without him we win zero trophies.

Things that happened last summer are something that are understandably frustrating for fans to see from our vantage point, yet loss is powerful. It is not something we can account for easily in terms of how people will react when it is experienced. I have seen reactions that could appear shocking but are not necessarily indicative of the person entirely. Most of us are not being analysed by the public regularly so we can afford to make mistakes and go through hard times. You see this regularly in mental health...yet humans also possess the capacity to recover, particularly those who possess a strong sense of determination and resiliency.

It is later in his career so he won't be the master of tracking back, sure, but his quality is still immense, is widely respected by his peers (perhaps partly why our team dropped in performance as well...when a key leader drops in mentality) and has been a key player in helping us lift multiple trophies.

If he left this summer how would we feel now exactly?

Sorry, can you answer two questions for me? These are in relation to your first sentence.

1. Did we have him with us last season?
2. How many trophies did we win?

I have honestly not read the rest of your post because I stopped to reply to you after your first 6 words of utter bollocks. One can only assume the rest of the post is polluted with the same tripe.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:42 am

Dameerto wrote:Socrates, we need to rename you Lazarus.

Socs, old chum, you've been a bit quiet, of late, on the posting front.

I've really missed reading your opinions as I've always enjoyed them, so please come out of the shadows and into the sunlight again.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:57 am

Socs, old chum, you've been a bit quiet, of late, on the posting front.

I've really missed reading your opinions as I've always enjoyed them, so please come out of the shadows and into the sunlight again.

Ditto.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Socrates » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:43 am

Lazarus - like it :)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie