Toure - staying?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Toure - staying?

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Slim wrote:I'd rather he went TBH.

I am really split on it TBH, Now would be a really good time to sell him, I cant see us getting any value for him next summer. However, I still think he can be a big player for us if he wants to be.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

I am really split on it TBH, Now would be a really good time to sell him, I cant see us getting any value for him next summer. However, I still think he can be a big player for us if he wants to be.

I don't trust him in a two man midfield.

Pellers wants to play a two man midfield.

Could live without the drama as well, but if it was just that I wouldn't care that much.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I don't trust him in a two man midfield.

Pellers wants to play a two man midfield.

Could live without the drama as well, but if it was just that I wouldn't care that much.

I'm glad he's staying but I have never trusted him in a two man midfield or indeed with any designated defensive duties. He is a 100% proven failure at that part of the game & will 100% certainly let the team down at some point if a specific covering job is assigned.

I think we will see flexibility from the Count in that respect though at least in big games. And we certainly will see flexibility from the next bloke after the count.

4-1-4-1 is my guess for next season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:29 pm

This is shit news , we should sell him NOW and if dont we will live to regret it.The amount of money we are going to spunk on a player that offers ZERO in defensive duties ,cannot jump more than one inch off the ground to head a fuckign ball, and comes with more baggage than Paris fucking hiltons has on her weekend getaways...............................just not worth the financial outlay.

Shocking news.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby bayblue » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Top top player. Glad he's staying.
I just hope we get some fresh legs in around him.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wooders » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:32 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:This is shit news , we should sell him NOW and if dont we will live to regret it.The amount of money we are going to spunk on a player that offers ZERO in defensive duties ,cannot jump more than one inch off the ground to head a fuckign ball, and comes with more baggage than Paris fucking hiltons has on her weekend getaways...............................just not worth the financial outlay.

Shocking news.

Yet is a player who has made the difference in a title winning season.
I am also torn - as I said earlier, retiring from international football would do a lot to allay my fears
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Wooders wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:This is shit news , we should sell him NOW and if dont we will live to regret it.The amount of money we are going to spunk on a player that offers ZERO in defensive duties ,cannot jump more than one inch off the ground to head a fuckign ball, and comes with more baggage than Paris fucking hiltons has on her weekend getaways...............................just not worth the financial outlay.

Shocking news.

I am also torn - as I said earlier, retiring from international football would do a lot to allay my fears

He needs ti understand that if he plays underpar (Like he did for 90% of last season) then he will be dropped..No other fuckign top team would play him like we did when he was shit.

Thats what has really bothered me the season just gone..the cunt played no matter what , just like fucking Kompany did.
Thats pellers fault..he needs to sort this shit out if hes keeping them both.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Yes I know it is the daily star, but with quote marks....

There are three things of note he says here the way I read it.

(A) in a round about way concedes he wasn't at the races last season

(B) he played a lot of football last season, which could be construed as either end of international career or he is prepared not to be first on the team sheet for every game or both.

(C) potentially he's been told who the targets are for the coming season?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... down-talks

Sorry phone battery about to die, if anyone fancies cutting and pasting?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Shocking news.

He needs ti understand that if he plays underpar (Like he did for 90% of last season) then he will be dropped..No other fuckign top team would play him like we did when he was shit.

Thats what has really bothered me the season just gone..the cunt played no matter what , just like fucking Kompany did.

TBF, Pellers did drop VK at the end and he could have bought YAYA back a game or two earlier, I am hoping to that peller has learnt from the last few games not to be so stubborn himself
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:28 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Shocking news.

I think the reality is that if we can sign Pogba there is every reason to believe he could be dropped if he doesn't do what needs to be done, or Pellegrini could play him as a no. 10 like he did with Lampard this season, or as Ted suggests, where we play a 4-1-4-1 using one of the 2 Ferns (Song?) as a DM for cover.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:16 am

CTID Hants wrote:Yes I know it is the daily star, but with quote marks....

There are three things of note he says here the way I read it.

(A) in a round about way concedes he wasn't at the races last season

(B) he played a lot of football last season, which could be construed as either end of international career or he is prepared not to be first on the team sheet for every game or both.

(C) potentially he's been told who the targets are for the coming season?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... down-talks

Sorry phone battery about to die, if anyone fancies cutting and pasting?

Yaya was probably told that if he didn't zip his mouth up and buckle down to some hard work next season, the Sheik would be sending some 'Men in Blue' to see both him and his agent and sort them both out, once and for all.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:33 am

So....Kolarov then?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Slim wrote:So....Kolarov then?

He'll be staying - Jovetic and dzeko will be the only ones out of the door IMO
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Wooders wrote:
Slim wrote:So....Kolarov then?

He'll be staying - Jovetic and dzeko will be the only ones out of the door IMO

Interesting what we do with Nasri as well. Was he really injured or was there something else going on at the end of the season?

I think we would like to keep him and sign someone who either can be or already is better than Milner (Sterling/De Bryune) to give him competition for a place in the starting eleven, so he learns that he is not going to just get into the team by default.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has pledged his long-term future to the club, after admitting the fans' faith in him was hard to ignore.

Toure has been the subject of interest from Inter Milan, who are managed by former City boss Roberto Mancini, but after end-of-season talks with City officials he decided to stay at The Etihad.

The 32-year-old still has two years remaining on the contract he signed in April 2013, but despite a tough season last term, the Ivory Coast star was delighted to still have the support of the City fans.

"It is very, very important as a person and as a football player as well when you see people are following you," said Toure. "It is difficult sometimes to disappoint them," Toure told the Manchester Evening News.

"The fans are doing brilliant for this club. When people show you loyalty, nothing is going by. That's why I want to stay at City. I want to stay long."

Toure, who signed from Barcelona for £24million back in 2010, has even set his sights on ending his career with City and hopes he can emulate AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini.

"That's the dream for all the players. I was trying to convince some players to continue at the club and they said 'why?'
"Because it was the case of Maldini, it was the case of (Franco Baresi), of (Alessandro) del Piero - so many important players. (Francesco) Totti as well.

"They are staying long at the club," added Toure.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:06 pm

phips wrote:
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has pledged his long-term future to the club, after admitting the fans' faith in him was hard to ignore.

Toure has been the subject of interest from Inter Milan, who are managed by former City boss Roberto Mancini, but after end-of-season talks with City officials he decided to stay at The Etihad.

The 32-year-old still has two years remaining on the contract he signed in April 2013, but despite a tough season last term, the Ivory Coast star was delighted to still have the support of the City fans.

"It is very, very important as a person and as a football player as well when you see people are following you," said Toure. "It is difficult sometimes to disappoint them," Toure told the Manchester Evening News.

"The fans are doing brilliant for this club. When people show you loyalty, nothing is going by. That's why I want to stay at City. I want to stay long."

Toure, who signed from Barcelona for £24million back in 2010, has even set his sights on ending his career with City and hopes he can emulate AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini.

"That's the dream for all the players. I was trying to convince some players to continue at the club and they said 'why?'
"Because it was the case of Maldini, it was the case of (Franco Baresi), of (Alessandro) del Piero - so many important players. (Francesco) Totti as well.

Absolultely nothing at all to do with Inter signing Kondogbia instead then.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
phips wrote:

No absolutely nothing, the only reason they went for Kondogbia is because Yaya turned them down following his meeting with Khaldoon.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:58 pm

”The fans made me stay here".

Err, so he read the forum the past year.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:52 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
phips wrote:

No absolutely nothing, the only reason they went for Kondogbia is because Yaya turned them down following his meeting with Khaldoon.

As confirmed by Mancini who openly said he was still trying to get Yaya to sign, even after he had stated to the media he was staying at City.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
phips wrote:

Could this constitute a technical snub ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum