Toure - staying?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Toure - staying?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 26, 2015 2:48 pm

sheblue wrote:IF he stays, we need to deploy him in a different, more advanced, role. Especially in larger games. I dont believe he can do another season like this one just gone in the centre. If he is to play he needs two behind him.
If the manger has him staying in a week in week out 442 well cant see that one working. If he stays there will need to be change to accommodate him.

Can you see him pressing a deep lying player such as Carrick if he's playing that role?

If we were to set up as a counter attacking side then I'd have no problem playing him advanced but like I said above if we intend on pressing the opposition high up the pitch then the last player you want in an advanced role is Yaya.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I hope this isn't the start of the annual Yaya close season saga. I don't have issues with him staying if his role is reduced next season to more cameo appearanceswhere he would come on late and torment a tired defence. That's if he genuinely wants to stay.
But I actually do think it is time for him to go. If this becomes a cat and mouse game between his agent and City and they fuck up our Summer transfer policy (if hopefully it involves Pogba), then I think he will only further tarnish his reputation amongst the supporters.
I think we'd all love to see business done quickly this summer. Hope he's not acting the twat again.

You want him to wear a codpiece?

They'll all have to. It's part of the Nike leaked 4th kit.
Hope he stays, just to see that.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed May 27, 2015 8:11 am

Reports via City_Watch that Yaya wants to stay, excited by the future and Mancini furious and now looking for his plan b Kondogbia.

Personally I'm very happy about that. If he can be re-energise and motivated there are few that can compete with Yaya. If his heart is genuinely in the project that's great. I thought he put in a good performance against Southampton.

I have always favoured an evolution of our team, rather than widespread culling and replacement. We still need new energy and youth in our midfield, but if we have a happy and motivated Yaya, imo we are stronger.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 27, 2015 8:26 am

Plain Speaking wrote:Reports via City_Watch that Yaya wants to stay, excited by the future and Mancini furious and now looking for his plan b Kondogbia.

Personally I'm very happy about that. If he can be re-energise and motivated there are few that can compete with Yaya. If his heart is genuinely in the project that's great. I thought he put in a good performance against Southampton.

I have always favoured an evolution of our team, rather than widespread culling and replacement. We still need new energy and youth in our midfield, but if we have a happy and motivated Yaya, imo we are stronger.

I seriously wished yaya and Seluk would just shut up. They bore the tits off me, I am sick of hearing/reading something about them all the time. Why cant they be pro's like Zaba/Silva and their representatives.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed May 27, 2015 8:37 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:Reports via City_Watch that Yaya wants to stay, excited by the future and Mancini furious and now looking for his plan b Kondogbia.

I seriously wished yaya and Seluk would just shut up. They bore the tits off me, I am sick of hearing/reading something about them all the time. Why cant they be pro's like Zaba/Silva and their representatives.

I totally agree with you about Yaya's agent, he is incredibly unprofessional. This latest news has come from a tweet by John Bennett of the BBC, retweeted by City_Watch.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nick » Wed May 27, 2015 8:45 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I totally agree with you about Yaya's agent, he is incredibly unprofessional. This latest news has come from a tweet by John Bennett of the BBC, retweeted by City_Watch.

I seriously doubt Yaya calls any shots this summer...
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby clippo22 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:11 am

I hope yaya stays and I hope we don't play him in an advanced role. I know he can't play as a midfield 2 in the big games but he plays best with everything in front of him. That way he can make the decision as to go on a powerful run or pick out some killer passes. In an advanced role I see him getting in silvas way and reducing his space and the high pressing game goes out the window. He needs support in midfield and his performances have been much better with 2 in the middle with him. Especially against Swansea where he scored 2, I thought we played some really good stuff that game and it was one of our best of the season, and Yaya was key to that alongside Silva.
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Wed May 27, 2015 9:14 am

clippo22 wrote:I hope yaya stays and I hope we don't play him in an advanced role. I know he can't play as a midfield 2 in the big games but he plays best with everything in front of him. That way he can make the decision as to go on a powerful run or pick out some killer passes. In an advanced role I see him getting in silvas way and reducing his space and the high pressing game goes out the window. He needs support in midfield and his performances have been much better with 2 in the middle with him. Especially against Swansea where he scored 2, I thought we played some really good stuff that game and it was one of our best of the season, and Yaya was key to that alongside Silva.

I totally agree with this. Yaya's strength is with the play infront of him. He's also our absolutely best (deep lying) playmaker, and our build-up play from the back suffer enormously when he's not playing. I like Fernandinho and (to some extent) Fernando, but neither is close to Yaya in that respect.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Wed May 27, 2015 9:50 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Perfect example of leaving the right way was done in the transfer of Negredo.

Wasn't happy, wanted to go back to Spain. We never got the full story until after he left.

If Yaya's really unhappy he should deal with the club, his agent should shut up and realise the press doesn't make the decisions on his move and talk to the people who do.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Sun May 31, 2015 9:46 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-5793083

The Ivory Coast midfielder looked on his way out of the Etihad after an inconsistent season was made worse by some criticisms of the club by his agent, Dimitri Seluk.

Seluk has told Sunday Mirror Sport that Toure now feels he is being given the respect he deserves after being told by Sheikh Mansour that he wanted him to stay.

Seluk said: "Yaya is staying - because Sheikh Mansour told him he must stay.

"Mansour told Yaya that he is still a very important player and that he was the first big player to join City after the takeover.

"He told him that City wouldn't even discuss a sale.

"This is good. People have tried to say that Yaya only wanted more money, but it was never about money. It was only about respect."

It is unique for Mansour to personally intervene in a football-related matter, despite investing more than £1billion of his personal fortune into transforming City over the past seven years.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Sun May 31, 2015 11:17 pm

yes. another season like the last--or worse--is what i expect.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:03 am

Robinho signed on the day of the takeover and David Silva signed 3 days before Yaya.

Maybe he's talking about physical size?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:29 am

Not arguing for his or his agents behaviour, but I dare say the reason they don't handle it like others is he's gets paid a shit ton more than others named and thus feel that justifies the shit they pull.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:41 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Not arguing for his or his agents behaviour, but I dare say the reason they don't handle it like others is he's gets paid a shit ton more than others named and thus feel that justifies the shit they pull.

Well of you mean that they are searching for one last payday due to a transfer fee then I get it....but I agree he can and should go fuck himself.

I don't really care anymore. And I believe he will be here in September.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:11 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Not arguing for his or his agents behaviour, but I dare say the reason they don't handle it like others is he's gets paid a shit ton more than others named and thus feel that justifies the shit they pull.

Well of you mean that they are searching for one last payday due to a transfer fee then I get it....but I agree he can and should go fuck himself.

I don't really care anymore. And I believe he will be here in September.

Cheers[/quote

I mean they probably see this kind of stuff as vital to his worth. I'm sure the agent was a twat before he got here and we have paid him well. I'd assume yaya is happy with that and allows it to continue should he need to negotiate again anytime soon.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wooders » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:37 am

If he stays I would like him to retire from international football to focus his energy on us
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:00 am

Properly want to stay because no fucker wants to deal with his agent, Can't be arsed with a moaning cunt, is old and doesn't want to pay his wages for said reasons above.

I hope we get rid, need to start filling that void rather than hope yaya will turn up every game.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:07 pm

The Yaya who turned up for our final game of the season can stay, he was (by his standards) full of energy and effort. The Yaya who featured in way too many of our games this season can sod off for his lack of pretty much everything. I'm at the point where I'm not too bothered either way.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:00 pm

Didnt Tevez have a hotline to the Sheik as well?

If PaddyV goes, they might promote Wilcox to the EDS group and promise Yaya a role with the youngsters
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:19 pm

I'd rather he went TBH.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum