Toure - staying?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Toure - staying?

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:49 pm

If we played him as a forward he'd score 40 goals a season and if he could head a ball you could add another 10 !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:51 pm

bayblue wrote:Top top player. Glad he's staying.
I just hope we get some fresh legs in around him.

Yes indeed !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Bluedj » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:02 pm

The last two gamesm of the season saw a massive improvement and effort and we saw the real Yaya. Tp me he looked like he'd shed about a stone & a half off his body weight. If he gets his head together, I believe he'll be a major assett again next season.......My fingers are crossed
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:35 am

Bluedj wrote:The last two gamesm of the season saw a massive improvement and effort and we saw the real Yaya. Tp me he looked like he'd shed about a stone & a half off his body weight. If he gets his head together, I believe he'll be a major assett again next season.......My fingers are crossed

If he starts the season like he finished the last one I'll be very happy.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:08 pm

Anyone know of heard something regarding this?

It seems that after Yaya said he is staying, his agent gave some interview in his country and spoke about what happen in the past year, the whole cakeville saga, Yaya”s brother, etc. It seems that City acted really good towards Yaya in the past 6 months and the fans spoke with him every single time they saw him in town. It seems like the Big Guy had a change of heart and not only wants to continue here, but wants to end his career at our club and he is prepared to accept a financial cut when the time is right, just to continue with the club.

Anyone saw something like this or heard or we have another Dimitri Seluk bollox?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:20 pm

PeterParker wrote:Anyone know of heard something regarding this?

It seems that after Yaya said he is staying, his agent gave some interview in his country and spoke about what happen in the past year, the whole cakeville saga, Yaya”s brother, etc. It seems that City acted really good towards Yaya in the past 6 months and the fans spoke with him every single time they saw him in town. It seems like the Big Guy had a change of heart and not only wants to continue here, but wants to end his career at our club and he is prepared to accept a financial cut when the time is right, just to continue with the club.

Anyone saw something like this or heard or we have another Dimitri Seluk bollox?

Not read the kind of detail you are going into, but Yaya & his agent said a few weeks ago that he wanted to stay at City & mentioned some of the other stuff.

But they also said the same thing this time last year, when people were claiming Yaya was leaving then, amongst all the 'cakegate' shite & due to a few words on some fucking French tv station or something, when Yaya had just lost his brother.

The main thing they said was that Yaya wanted to finish his career at City & stay on afterwards.

Unfortunately a lot of people chose to ignore it.

Khaldoon had a word recently & told him we valued him at City, & he made the statement immediately.

I think it was City who were looking for potential buyers last year, & Yaya's camp got word of it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:48 pm

It tends to be standard practise for players rumoured to be leaving to say they want to stay - it shifts the onus for the transfer onto the club and presumably protects their loyalty bonus. I'm not saying that's what has happened with Yaya but just saying in general it seems to be what players/agents do.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:57 pm

Dameerto wrote:It tends to be standard practise for players rumoured to be leaving to say they want to stay - it shifts the onus for the transfer onto the club and presumably protects their loyalty bonus. I'm not saying that's what has happened with Yaya but just saying in general it seems to be what players/agents do.

I agree but when it was reported Yaya wanted to leave, so many people were sure that was true.

It's never as straightforward as it seems imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:09 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Not read the kind of detail you are going into, but Yaya & his agent said a few weeks ago that he wanted to stay at City & mentioned some of the other stuff.

But they also said the same thing this time last year, when people were claiming Yaya was leaving then, amongst all the 'cakegate' shite & due to a few words on some fucking French tv station or something, when Yaya had just lost his brother.

The main thing they said was that Yaya wanted to finish his career at City & stay on afterwards.

Khaldoon had a word recently & told him we valued him at City, & he made the statement immediately.

I think it was City who were looking for potential buyers last year, & Yaya's camp got word of it.

There is no grey area here.

Yaya, whether through his agent, twitter, whatever outlet... carried on like a complete fucking cunt towards the club.

You seem to like making it out that we as fans "over reacted" to a rag top rumour.

He had the power to nip this shit in the bud and he chose not to. Shame on him for that.

We're moving on and so is he, but I'm fucked if we're to blame.
Original Dub

Postby twosips » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:30 am

He acted like a cunt, yeah...but he did lose his brother. I'd be a mess for ages if that happened to me. *touch wood*

I think a few emotionally insecure outbursts are acceptable really given everything.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:38 am

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Yaya, whether through his agent, twitter, whatever outlet... carried on like a complete fucking cunt towards the club.

You seem to like making it out that we as fans "over reacted" to a rag top rumour.

He had the power to nip this shit in the bud and he chose not to. Shame on him for that.

I think the fans are as much to blame as he is. If he walks out, that's one thing, but fans deciding not to even give him the benefit of the doubt, is their choice.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:55 am

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

We might not like what his agent says but Yaya will certainly be happy with him. After all he has helped make him one of the wealthiest footballers in the world. Why do we expect Yaya to come out against this guy?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby bigblue » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Some nice quotes about Yaya posted on the OS a few days ago:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... 1435765597

Frank Lampard
“I have played against him many times and he is very, very difficult to play against.

“The physicality of him, the pace and the quality on the ball when he picks it up, meant he was always one of my toughest opponents, particularly in the last few years.

“He was far and away the best Premier League midfield player last year, without a doubt, so as a club City are very lucky to have him.

“He is a pleasure to play with, and seeing him close at hand has been as impressive as playing against him.”

Juan Mata
"Yaya is one of the best midfielders in the world. He is the complete player. He can defend, attack, score, dribble, he has great skills and he’s so tall and powerful."

Gerard Pique
“His technical abilities are incredible, he is a man who can solve the match on his own.”

Vincent Kompany
'He's done so much for this club, he's always played brilliantly. He is always an important player - when he does well, the team does well.”

Didier Drogba
"I'm a bit disappointed [to be beaten to African Player of the Year award in 2012] but have to acknowledge the fact that Yaya deserves his crown. You can't be too disappointed if you are defeated by a player like Yaya. He has been very regular at Etihad Stadium and not this year alone. It has been two years now he's doing great things with his club.

"He deserves the award and I can confess that."

Nwankwo Kanu
In 2013/14: "If you say who is the best midfielder in the world now, for me I would say Yaya Toure. Not only in Africa, but the world,"

"He doesn't score easy goals, he scores goals that strikers score. For a midfielder to score 20 goals means he is a special person.

"If you check around the world, I haven't seen a midfielder at this moment that scores that type of goals that he scores."

Bacary Sagna
“To me, Yaya is actually the best midfield player in the world. He is such a great player, he brings a lot of qualities to Man City.”

Frank Rijkaard
"He has great tactical discipline. He is very aware of the game, and can make life difficult for the creative players of the opposing team."

Samuel Eto’o
“He is exceptional! Look at what he did with Manchester City. It is phenomenal. To me, there is no doubt that Yaya Touré is the best player in the world.”

Fernando
"Yaya for me is one of the best players in his position in the world. We see it every day and even though he is a little older now, he still has a lot to offer to this team. I am sure he will continue to do that for us -- it makes me happy to play with him."

Mike Summerbee
“He’s the best midfielder in the world.”

Manuel Pellegrini
“Yaya is one of the best midfielders in the world and it doesn’t matter if he’s European, African or South American. He has a chance to be there with the best players in the world.”

Roberto Mancini
“I worked with Touré and think he is one of the best players in the world.”

Samir Nasri
“I might be a bit biased because he’s my friend, but for me he’s in the top three midfielders in the world. A guy like Yaya, he’s won every trophy, he is always there.

“Tell me one defensive midfielder who can go forward like him who can score 16 or 17 goals in a season?”

Jay Jay Okocha
“For me, Yaya Toure is a natural winner. Now that Eto’o and Drogba have gone it looks like Yaya Toure is going to be the outstanding player [in Africa].

“After him, I don’t think we’ve really produced the great stars in Africa.”

And he's admired by our #1 summer target:

Also here he is talking through his 5 favorite goals:

Watch on youtube.com

I love the bog man. He's played a massive part in every trophy that we've won over the last 5 years. Every time people doubt him they get proven wrong. I have a feeling he'll make up for last season this year (as will a few other big names like Nasri & Kompany).
Last edited by bigblue on Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:17 pm

I think you're missing a comma in "I love the bog man."

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:19 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I think you're missing a comma in "I love the bog man."

Cheers

While late in a game it can sometime look like he's running through a bog, he's still a hero.

cheers
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:24 pm

The Bog Man, is an interesting idea.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:39 pm

It could be a blues song: '..they call me da Bog Maaan..i get nothin but shit since I was bowrn' Or a low budget horror film with C Thomas Howell in it, or some entrepreneur from Doncaster.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:03 pm

"The bog man" ? fuck me lets get this right Yaya was treading water for 75% of last season !!! Awesome top world class player on his day and has been truly immense for us but no more of last seasons shite thanks . As several posters have pointed out he was like his old self the last couple of games last season so hopefully his head was in a better place . Great great player who just needs to let his performances do all the talking :-) :-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:35 am

twosips wrote:He acted like a cunt, yeah...but he did lose his brother. I'd be a mess for ages if that happened to me. *touch wood*

I think a few emotionally insecure outbursts are acceptable really given everything.

This.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:40 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
twosips wrote:He acted like a cunt, yeah...but he did lose his brother. I'd be a mess for ages if that happened to me. *touch wood*

This.

That's fair enough. But about a fuckin cake? A cake?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum