shearer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

shearer

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 25, 2015 12:14 am

On MOTD shearee says he never thought we would win the league. He knew from the charity shield when we lost to arsenal. He said you just look at the utd teams, they set down a marker in the charity shield and you know....

If I may be so bold, didnt we lose the charity shield to utd and go on the win the league?

Wanker
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: shearer

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 25, 2015 7:32 am

Just watched the round-up on Skys Football Special show and it was as if we were airbrushed out of the picture. The obvious chat about Slippy Me and Fat Frank was followed by 'City will have a tough time challenging with all the changes needed' followed by 'Arsenal will be a big force from what we've seen'. Forgive me from seeing it quite differently but I'm sure the league placings over the last 5 seasons would suggest that we will once again be a force, challenging for major honours. We've took the pinch, now we come with the punch.

Saying that, this is the Sky 4 club and nobody should be able to challenge. If they do, it will be papered over just like the 2 seasons when we won it, being lucky and all that.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 25, 2015 7:35 am

Oh, and now on SSN we see the Rags topping the league on selected statistics such as passing accuracy where, somehow, they've put the Rags top with 85% with us second, on 85%!

Figures.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon May 25, 2015 8:20 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Oh, and now on SSN we see the Rags topping the league on selected statistics such as passing accuracy where, somehow, they've put the Rags top with 85% with us second, on 85%!

Figures.

Apparently the rags didn't score in half their PL games, surprised that statistic is not getting the publicity it deserves, as season tickets are being renewed and new additions being sought.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bobby brows » Mon May 25, 2015 9:51 am

Yeah the charity shield that took place the week the team literally got back from the world cup and played in. So glad not to be involved in it this year, get the players wrapped up in cotton wool, send them somewhere sunny and bring them back and get them fully match fit.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City

Postby branny » Mon May 25, 2015 10:04 am

It's quite amusing that the media perception on the whole is that we've had a poor season because we've finished trophyless and 8 points behind the Chavs. Meanwhile, back in 4th place the Daily fail report that the Rags were out celebrating their successful season.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby branny » Mon May 25, 2015 10:11 am

I don't understand all this shit being banded about that we need major surgery. Its bollox. The slackers dropped 9 points to the bottom three which is down to our own. Inadequate performances as opposed to Chelsea brilliance. They just need to up their game against the shit teams and its all good again. In addition, be a bit smarter in the transfer market and fingers crossed that men in black are not as unkind and we'll be challenging again.
branny

Postby CTID Hants » Mon May 25, 2015 10:30 am

CUNT that is all that needs to be said the bitter turd, if I didn't fear prosecution I would troll this CUNT on Twitter until he got facts right. I seem to remember at the end of last season old big ears having a dig at him last day, as everyone else on motd at least mumbled fair play (some may have even congratulated) about us and CUNT was still having a pop.

He doesn't even look at the camera when talking about us, disrespectful CUNT
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby s1ty m » Mon May 25, 2015 10:33 am

branny wrote:I don't understand all this shit being banded about that we need major surgery. Its bollox. The slackers dropped 9 points to the bottom three which is down to our own. Inadequate performances as opposed to Chelsea brilliance. They just need to up their game against the shit teams and its all good again. In addition, be a bit smarter in the transfer market and fingers crossed that men in black are not as unkind and we'll be challenging again.

1 win in the 6 games v the others in the to 4 is poor though.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 25, 2015 10:41 am

branny wrote:I don't understand all this shit being banded about that we need major surgery. Its bollox. The slackers dropped 9 points to the bottom three which is down to our own. Inadequate performances as opposed to Chelsea brilliance. They just need to up their game against the shit teams and its all good again. In addition, be a bit smarter in the transfer market and fingers crossed that men in black are not as unkind and we'll be challenging again.

Major surgery is inevitable even if only half of the expected under-performing players leave. To lose Milner, Nasri, Lampard, Yaya (potentially) from a midfield would have a big impact on any team in the world, and that's before you even look at our lack of wide attacking options which it seems he wanted to address last year by bringing Di Maria in.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 25, 2015 10:43 am

s1ty m wrote:

1 win in the 6 games v the others in the to 4 is poor though.

Don't disagree but Chelsea only won two against the others in the top 4.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby branny » Mon May 25, 2015 10:53 am

The top four are all capable of beating each other on any particular day. We should be doing better than two wins out of six against the bottom three however.
branny

Postby branny » Mon May 25, 2015 10:55 am

The top four are all capable of beating each other on any particular day. We should be doing better than two wins out of six against the bottom three however.
branny

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 25, 2015 11:05 am

Shearer is a bitter, twisted bloke who if he spouted what he says on MotD down the pub, would get short shrift. A very poor pundit indeed. The way he goes on about Newcastle you would think they are an influence on English football. Nearly 50 years without a trophy would suggest otherwise.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Mon May 25, 2015 11:48 am

The scum spent 150 million. They got 6 more points than last season for that outlay. Last season they would have finished 6th with that points tally. Epic fail.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon May 25, 2015 12:18 pm

blues2win wrote:The scum spent 150 million. They got 6 more points than last season for that outlay. Last season they would have finished 6th with that points tally. Epic fail.

but if they'd won more games, they'd have won the title
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon May 25, 2015 4:33 pm

blues2win wrote:The scum spent 150 million. They got 6 more points than last season for that outlay. Last season they would have finished 6th with that points tally. Epic fail.

that is hilarious!
but surely that wasn't their net spend was it?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon May 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

but if they'd won more games, they'd have won the title

If there wasnt a transfer window they'd still be buying now...anyone. Most footballers can knock a ball 40 yards, and if there is a 6ft 3" fuzzy haired cunt as a target up top, makes it so much easier
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 25, 2015 9:46 pm

I'm not sure what this thread is abour butg once I heard that the likes of the Rags have had a good season, how could we complain?

The whole of the media know where their bread is buttered, whether it be clicks or subscriptions, it's down to us to beat them at their own game. Which we're well on the way to doing.

Our custodians are probably the ultimate in what they do, yet we still panic? 'Typical' will take a long time to dissipate, but it will.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bleed_Blue » Mon May 25, 2015 9:53 pm

If these idiotic cunts put money where their mouth is and bet on the rags to win premier league, they will be bankrupt.

I would love to see them to do, all their fucking analysis, these know it all. They should be either confident and go all or nothing on their predictions or just shove it up their arse.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum