Jovetic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jovetic

Postby Scatman » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:29 pm

blues2win wrote:Jovetic just posted a photo on Instagram of himself in a plane. The caption was 'on my way to Milano'.

It'll probably crash
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Scatman wrote:
blues2win wrote:Jovetic just posted a photo on Instagram of himself in a plane. The caption was 'on my way to Milano'.

It'll probably crash

At least we'd get the insurance money. It will be more than the fucking Italians will be paying us
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:30 pm

I think that the priority of selling Jovetic, is having another foreign player space free, as opposed to getting proper compensation for him. The great news for Jovetic is that Roberto Mancini has been very successful at resuscitating the careers of many injured & ageing players. I'll be very surprised if Roberto can't get at least a dozen or more goals scored by Jovetic, this season. According to the gossip, Mancini would also like to transfer Clichy to Inter, as well.

Stevan is much better suited for playing in Italy and I hope he has far more success there... I'm just disappointed he couldn't be a more consistent winner for City... I liked all four of our Balkan Boys. I'd personally sell Caballero, Fernando & Sagna, long before selling Dzeko though!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Good riddance to the softest player I've seen in the shirt. Won't miss him one bit!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Good riddance to the softest player I've seen in the shirt. Won't miss him one bit!

PB Lee, you have to admit that the softest player in the shirt award would have to go to Valeri Bojinov. Runner up contender would be Jerome Boateng, who had his City career ended by an airline drink trolley! With 11 goals scored in the last two seasons, Jovetic is nowhere near the worst failure or softest player for City!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:

It'll probably crash

At least we'd get the insurance money. It will be more than the fucking Italians will be paying us

Nice thinking NB.

A goodly pragmatic approach.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:06 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Good riddance to the softest player I've seen in the shirt. Won't miss him one bit!

PB Lee, you have to admit that the softest player in the shirt award would have to go to Valeri Bojinov. Runner up contender would be Jerome Boateng, who had his City career ended by an airline drink trolley! With 11 goals scored in the last two seasons, Jovetic is nowhere near the worst failure or softest player for City!

Bojinov had a real injury as did Boateng, regardless of how it was suffered. I totally agree with the Pretty fella.
South Stand Balti

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:37 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Bojinov had a real injury as did Boateng, regardless of how it was suffered. I totally agree with the Pretty fella.

No one has ever said that these players weren't legitimately injured. However, it was the frequency & timing that led to these players being labelled as "soft," "made of glass," or even "The Invisible Man!"

In rating the players' level of being injury prone, I always look at how it impacted their appearances for City. Stevan Jovetic made 39 appearances in 2 seasons & scored 11 goals.
Valeri Bojinov made 12 appearances in 3 seasons & scored 1 goal.

I rest my case!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby blues2win » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:51 pm

Fernando just said he played with pain in his groin through most of last season but the pains gone and he's confident he'll be able to give his best this season.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:15 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Bojinov had a real injury as did Boateng, regardless of how it was suffered. I totally agree with the Pretty fella.

No one has ever said that these players weren't legitimately injured. However, it was the frequency & timing that led to these players being labelled as "soft," "made of glass," or even "The Invisible Man!"

In rating the players' level of being injury prone, I always look at how it impacted their appearances for City. Stevan Jovetic made 39 appearances in 2 seasons & scored 11 goals.

I rest my case!

Bojinov takes number two spot for being made of glass. Scoring less goals is normal he was Ina far shitter team. He was a real letdown at the time but never did I get the hint he was sulking and sitting out with playable niggles, as soon as jovetic missed the cl squad lqst season he downed tools. By far the worst offender.

As for boateng I'm on record here saying he's my all time least favourite city player,
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby freshie » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

Alioune Toure's DVT
Roque Santa Cruz
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:16 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Bojinov takes number two spot for being made of glass. Scoring less goals is normal he was Ina far shitter team. He was a real letdown at the time but never did I get the hint he was sulking and sitting out with playable niggles, as soon as jovetic missed the cl squad lqst season he downed tools. By far the worst offender.

As for boateng I'm on record here saying he's my all time least favourite city player,

Boateng should never have left Germany, but probably couldn't make the direct move to Bayern, at that time.

I think the City managers made a major mistake by leaving Jovetic out of the CL squad, since it should have been Caballero who was left out. They purposely alienated Jovetic for nothing. Dzeko & Jovetic both need the confidence & support of the management, to perform at their best. I will be much sadder to see Dzeko leave City, since I think he is still capable of getting his scoring form back this season and he had made a far more valuable contribution to the team, overall.

Meanwhile, Bojinov is now 29 and playing for Partizan, in Serbia...So, there is life after flunking out of City!

Freshie will be happy to know that Santa Cruz did well at Malaga, Cruz Azul and for Paraguay, at the Copa America!

Blues2win, I do hope that Fernando can have a more successful season, now that he has recovered.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby sheblue » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:09 am

Wonder how Mancini will tolerate his 'injuries'? Love to see the face on Mancini after Jovetic is out for 4 weeks following an injury obtained during a pedicure.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:16 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Bojinov takes number two spot for being made of glass. Scoring less goals is normal he was Ina far shitter team. He was a real letdown at the time but never did I get the hint he was sulking and sitting out with playable niggles, as soon as jovetic missed the cl squad lqst season he downed tools. By far the worst offender.

Boateng should never have left Germany, but probably couldn't make the direct move to Bayern, at that time.

I think the City managers made a major mistake by leaving Jovetic out of the CL squad, since it should have been Caballero who was left out. They purposely alienated Jovetic for nothing. Dzeko & Jovetic both need the confidence & support of the management, to perform at their best. I will be much sadder to see Dzeko leave City, since I think he is still capable of getting his scoring form back this season and he had made a far more valuable contribution to the team, overall.

Meanwhile, Bojinov is now 29 and playing for Partizan, in Serbia...So, there is life after flunking out of City!

Freshie will be happy to know that Santa Cruz did well at Malaga, Cruz Azul and for Paraguay, at the Copa America!

Blues2win, I do hope that Fernando can have a more successful season, now that he has recovered.

Jovetic doesn't really conform to any style of play or system. He just goes out there, runs around a lot, tries to play a one two every time and shoots at goal, to greater or lesser effect. He reminds me of Tevez in that way but Tevez is hard as nails and far more effectiveI But Tevez doesn't do what you tell him either, just goes out there and plays.

I think this non-conformity is why he was left out
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:23 am

Cya JoJo.

When you pitch up looking like this you have two choices be a world beater or at least try to be a world beater when neither happens leave quietly.

Peace
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:29 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

I rest my case!

The likes of Bojinov etc did not play because they were injured. Jovetic did not play because he did not want too. He had mystery injuries that were not found on scans etc. In my opinion this is the worst crime you can commit. It wasn't physical injuries that kept him out.
South Stand Balti

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:00 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Cya JoJo.

When you pitch up looking like this you have two choices be a world beater or at least try to be a world beater when neither happens leave quietly.

Peace

Correct.

Be mack daddy all you want but you have got to deliver. Or be failure of epic scale. BEing "ok when match fit" is simply unacceptable when you go for that look.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:08 am

It looks like there is a compulsory buy clause in the deal with Inter. He will cost them around £14.5m with £2m in add ons and 20% of any future sale. If that is right then it's not too bad a deal for the likes of him.
South Stand Balti

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:14 am

South Stand Balti wrote:It looks like there is a compulsory buy clause in the deal with Inter. He will cost them around £14.5m with £2m in add ons and 20% of any future sale. If that is right then it's not too bad a deal for the likes of him.

euros or pounds? if pounds we are laughing if euro its not great.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:20 am

South Stand Balti wrote:It looks like there is a compulsory buy clause in the deal with Inter. He will cost them around £14.5m with £2m in add ons and 20% of any future sale. If that is right then it's not too bad a deal for the likes of him.

I'm happy with that, really isn't bad considering what he has shown in a shirt.

Jo-Jo is arguably the most disappointing city signing of recent years, given what he did in Italy and the huge reputation he had I was expecting him to thrive in our team. Sadly the only times he looked decent were coming off the bench when we were routing people, while in the big games when we needed him to make an impact he never stepped up.

I wish him well and hope he does well at Inter but he leaves without me feeling only regret that we ever even bothered going for him in the first place.

I don't like using the word "flop" when talking about players, as usually there is some merit, some useful element to a player worth praise but when it comes to Jovetic I can't place him as anything but.

Bye Jo-Jo, thanks for ......
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum