Jovetic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jovetic

Postby edge275 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:06 pm

I got to say I'm also a big fan of Jovetic and shame injuries hampered him. I think if he could remain injury free he is still a fantastic player.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:01 pm

edge275 wrote:I got to say I'm also a big fan of Jovetic and shame injuries hampered him. I think if he could remain injury free he is still a fantastic player.

you realize that 80% of his injuries were bullshit right?

Zero fucking mettle this one. Zilch.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:34 pm

edge275 wrote:I got to say I'm also a big fan of Jovetic and shame injuries hampered him. I think if he could remain injury free he is still a fantastic player.

Nobody can remain injury free on his terms and conditions. Stubbed my toe, 6 weeks. Hurt feeling 8 weeks. Vaginitus another 6 weeks. He's the kind of person that has called in sick so many times his only excuse left is death.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:35 am

Bang on.

Fuck it. We move on
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:49 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

No, but amazed that you know.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby edge275 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:52 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Nobody can remain injury free on his terms and conditions. Stubbed my toe, 6 weeks. Hurt feeling 8 weeks. Vaginitus another 6 weeks. He's the kind of person that has called in sick so many times his only excuse left is death.

You're a great guy, but disagree with your conjecture.
edge275

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:19 pm

edge275 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Do you remember one of Pellegrini's pre-match conferences which he used to warn Jovetic that he would be sold unless he started making himself available for selection? (from the season before last).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby edge275 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:25 pm

Dameerto wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Do you remember one of Pellegrini's pre-match

conferences which he used to warn Jovetic that he would be sold unless he started making himself available for selection? (from the season before last).

Yes and although it's technically possible Jovetic is coming up with bullshit injuries on purpose, I highly doubt it. I personally think he's just been really unlucky.
edge275

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:15 pm

I would say 90% of the time the injuries were bullshit. Injuries such as hamstrings and thigh muscles show up on scans when other players get them. I'm sure there are many connected with the club who are dumbfounded by his injury claims. He has a strong reputation in Italy for having a low pain threshold. He still has not signed for Inter.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:34 pm

It's official... he's gone!
South Stand Balti

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:49 pm

"A year-and-a-half's loan with a view to a permanent transfer"

Mugged again.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby blues2win » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:19 pm

No I think it is an obligation to buy. His deal with Inter runs till 2019. I turned against him when he was mysteriously unavailable with minor aches, strains or whatever in December /January last year. We had no other strikers at all and it was a real opportunity for him. Missing yet again. No doubt he will do better at Inter but I'm glad he's gone. I would rather have Kelechi. No contest.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:24 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:"A year-and-a-half's loan with a view to a permanent transfer"

Mugged again.

I wonder if this explains the delay. The statement from City says it's a loan with only a view to a permanent deal. It doesn't sound like a good deal but it does show how desperate the hierarchy are to get rid of him. I don't blame them but his behaviour has cost us.
South Stand Balti

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:56 pm

edge275 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

No, but amazed that you know.

Stick around for a minute and I'll continue to amaze you.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:07 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:"A year-and-a-half's loan with a view to a permanent transfer"

Mugged again.

Stevan Jovetic has joined Inter Milan in a move that could make Manchester City £14.25 million.

The Montenegrin moved to the 2010 Champions League winners on loan, but Inter are obliged to purchase the former Fiorentina forward at the end of his temporary spell.

Jovetic passed a medical in Milan on Tuesday after arriving in Italy on Sunday, bringing to an end his injury-hit two-year spell with City.

A statement on City's official website read: "Stevan Jovetic has signed for Inter Milan on a year-and-a-half's loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

"He will now go on loan to the Nerazzurri for a season and a half, with a view to a permanent stay. Everyone at City wishes Stevan well for his time with Inter."

Inter said that the forward has signed a deal at the San Siro until June 30, 2019, with club president Erick Thohir adding: "We are pleased to announce the arrival of Jovetic.

"This is another important player for our team, a dynamic player that will add even more value to our attack. [Coach Roberto] Mancini will get the best out of him."

Inter will pay a £2 million loan fee for Jovetic and are obliged to pay a further £10.25 million when they purchase him, much as Valencia, the La Liga club who borrowed Alvaro Negredo from City last year, also committed to buying the Spanish striker as part of that deal.

In addition to the loan and purchase fees for Jovetic, City will receive up to £2 million in bonuses, with Inter paying £1 million per league title or £750,000 per Champions League qualification, while the former Premier League champions have a 20 percent sell-on fee.

But they will make a loss on the 25-year-old, who cost them £22 million when he joined from Fiorentina in 2013.

Jovetic was limited to 11 league starts in his two seasons at the Etihad Stadium, when he suffered repeated hamstring problems, and City manager Manuel Pellegrini said injuries were the reasons for selling the striker.

His departure had been on the cards since January, when he was omitted from City's Champions League squad as they were limited to 16 non-homegrown players, and he only made two substitute appearances in the final three months of the season.

He had scored 27 Serie A goals in his final two seasons with Fiorentina and had continued to attract interest from Italy during his stop-start City career.

Jovetic's signing represents a belated triumph for Inter manager Roberto Mancini, who had attempted to buy him for City in 2012.

Jovetic bid farewell to the supporters of his former club, saying in an Instagram post: "I would like to thank my teammates, staff and people from the club for this 2 years...was a great pleasure."

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2543885/stev ... m-man-city
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:26 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

Mugged again.

Stevan Jovetic has joined Inter Milan in a move that could make Manchester City £14.25 million.

The Montenegrin moved to the 2010 Champions League winners on loan, but Inter are obliged to purchase the former Fiorentina forward at the end of his temporary spell.

Jovetic passed a medical in Milan on Tuesday after arriving in Italy on Sunday, bringing to an end his injury-hit two-year spell with City.

A statement on City's official website read: "Stevan Jovetic has signed for Inter Milan on a year-and-a-half's loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

"He will now go on loan to the Nerazzurri for a season and a half, with a view to a permanent stay. Everyone at City wishes Stevan well for his time with Inter."

Inter said that the forward has signed a deal at the San Siro until June 30, 2019, with club president Erick Thohir adding: "We are pleased to announce the arrival of Jovetic.

"This is another important player for our team, a dynamic player that will add even more value to our attack. [Coach Roberto] Mancini will get the best out of him."

Inter will pay a £2 million loan fee for Jovetic and are obliged to pay a further £10.25 million when they purchase him, much as Valencia, the La Liga club who borrowed Alvaro Negredo from City last year, also committed to buying the Spanish striker as part of that deal.

In addition to the loan and purchase fees for Jovetic, City will receive up to £2 million in bonuses, with Inter paying £1 million per league title or £750,000 per Champions League qualification, while the former Premier League champions have a 20 percent sell-on fee.

But they will make a loss on the 25-year-old, who cost them £22 million when he joined from Fiorentina in 2013.

Jovetic was limited to 11 league starts in his two seasons at the Etihad Stadium, when he suffered repeated hamstring problems, and City manager Manuel Pellegrini said injuries were the reasons for selling the striker.

His departure had been on the cards since January, when he was omitted from City's Champions League squad as they were limited to 16 non-homegrown players, and he only made two substitute appearances in the final three months of the season.

He had scored 27 Serie A goals in his final two seasons with Fiorentina and had continued to attract interest from Italy during his stop-start City career.

Jovetic's signing represents a belated triumph for Inter manager Roberto Mancini, who had attempted to buy him for City in 2012.

Jovetic bid farewell to the supporters of his former club, saying in an Instagram post: "I would like to thank my teammates, staff and people from the club for this 2 years...was a great pleasure."

The details in the espn report are the same as this reported in the MEN after he completed his medical on Tuesday. The fact remains, as it says in the espn report, that City's official announcement states it is a loan with only 'a view' to a permanent deal.
South Stand Balti

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:29 pm

Thank god we got the obligatory purchase.
Not too bad of a fee
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:34 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Mugged again.

The details in the espn report are the same as this reported in the MEN after he completed his medical on Tuesday. The fact remains, as it says in the espn report, that City's official announcement states it is a loan with only 'a view' to a permanent deal.

Look at the statements from each club. We said it's a year and a half loan and Inter are saying he signed a contract until June 30, 2019. If it was only a loan with a possibility of a permanent deal they couldn't sign him to contract that goes past the loan period.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:37 pm

Why are City saying "with a view to a permanent stay" in 18 months time but Inter are saying he's signed until June 2019?

I am discombobulated.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:42 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Why are City saying "with a view to a permanent stay" in 18 months time but Inter are saying he's signed until June 2019?

I am discombobulated.

Poor choice of wording on City's part.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum