Jovetic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jovetic

Postby Mase » Sun May 24, 2015 5:19 pm

He's most likely going this summer. I know most of you won't really be bothered but I'm absolutely fuming that he never realised his full potential with us. IMO the guy is class. I don't think it's our fault he's failed but I just wish things would have been different.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Jovetic

Postby twosips » Sun May 24, 2015 5:21 pm

I'm not sure it'll ever happen at the top level for him. He's just a bit...sickly.

That talented but feeble kid who's not quite got the necessary ego or even mental state of mind to be a star. I might be wrong but he strikes me as the kind who gets upset over a paper cut.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun May 24, 2015 5:27 pm

twosips wrote:I'm not sure it'll ever happen at the top level for him. He's just a bit...sickly.

That talented but feeble kid who's not quite got the necessary ego or even mental state of mind to be a star. I might be wrong but he strikes me as the kind who gets upset over a paper cut.

You are not wrong. He is too fragile mentally to cope with the high profile nature of top level football. He is happy to keep picking up his money though whilst hiding behind phantom injuries. It's a shame because he is super talented.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 24, 2015 5:28 pm

I really thought after his pre season, that this would a great season for him. Wasn't to be unfortunately. He is just too injury prone i fear. Sometimes it just doesn't work out for a player for whatever reason at a given club and it could simply be the case here.

Like him to stay still, but if he goes then wish him well unless he goes to the dippers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Clowncrete » Sun May 24, 2015 5:33 pm

He is suited to the slow pace of the Serie A, imo. There are many games where he never looked to be in sync with the rest of the team and often dawdled on the ball.

The problem is he doesn't really specialize in anything. He isn't clinical like Aguero, isn't physically strong like Dzeko or Bony, not fast enough to be a winger and both Silva and Nasri are superior as attacking midfielders. Bony will turn out to be a better strike partner to Aguero, because of his strength and better hold up play.

And he is a crock as well.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby CTID Hants » Sun May 24, 2015 5:41 pm

He's one of those where you can see what he has, but we've been there before with likes of Michael Johnson where injuries kills the career or at best pushes them to a lower club for mediocrity. Likeable lad but sadly time to part ways.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 24, 2015 5:50 pm

I think he'a a potential world class player, but I don't think he suits us, which surprises me, & he can't be world class if he's hardly ever fit.

Great shame. I've followed him on & off since he was about 17, running rings round England's kids & City were sniffing arouhd him then, I lost track of him for a while and wondered what had happened to him but then remembered the name & saw him destroy Liverpool with an absolute world class performance, but then he was injured again, but then cropped up looking superb again; I always hoped we would get him one day.

Really sorry it hasn't worked.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Sun May 24, 2015 7:15 pm

its going to be fascinating to see who is willing to spend a transfer fee and the wages on him.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun May 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Can't even wish him well. The cunt probably got 5 million maybe more for literally lying on his back.
Last edited by MilnersJaw on Sun May 24, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby MaineRoadblue » Sun May 24, 2015 8:16 pm

Im usually right on whether a player will be a success for us when he signs but I honestly thought Jovetic would a world beater here having watched him many time for FIorentina. But for whatever reason, injuries, formation etc it just hasn't worked out. Sad as he does seem to have a great attitude and is great to watch.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun May 24, 2015 8:22 pm

MaineRoadblue wrote:Im usually right on whether a player will be a success for us when he signs but I honestly thought Jovetic would a world beater here having watched him many time for FIorentina. But for whatever reason, injuries, formation etc it just hasn't worked out. Sad as he does seem to have a great attitude and is great to watch.

Great attitude? You mean in keeping the physios employed?

His attitude and how he handles himself is shocking shit. He's a complete joker and needs to fuck off asap. A player that's as soft as he is cannot be trusted. He's a fraud.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Green & Blue » Sun May 24, 2015 8:30 pm

I think he's been alright for us when he has played but he's never really looked like he's properly bedded into the team.

If he wasn't a sick note he'd potentially be a great player, he has bags of talent.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby MaineRoadblue » Sun May 24, 2015 8:30 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
MaineRoadblue wrote:Im usually right on whether a player will be a success for us when he signs but I honestly thought Jovetic would a world beater here having watched him many time for FIorentina. But for whatever reason, injuries, formation etc it just hasn't worked out. Sad as he does seem to have a great attitude and is great to watch.

His attitude and how he handles himself is shocking shit. He's a complete joker and needs to fuck off asap. A player that's as soft as he is cannot be trusted. He's a fraud.

Cheers

Not his fault that he's made of glass. Blame city and the physios who did his medical.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby freshie » Sun May 24, 2015 10:51 pm

MaineRoadblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Not his fault that he's made of glass. Blame city and the physios who did his medical.

Maybe not but I think twosips is spot on here

twosips wrote:I'm not sure it'll ever happen at the top level for him. He's just a bit...sickly.

freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon May 25, 2015 12:13 am

I hope he goes. I know I've said it before but players get stick on here for not running enough and called lazy. This lad won't even lace up his boots. Needs shipping.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 25, 2015 12:37 am

Most of his problems are in his head - which is why he will very probably never be a truly great player. I still haven't forgotten Pellegrini having to drop a less than subtle hint in a media interview that he would be moved on unless he started making himself available for selection.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 25, 2015 6:10 am

Dameerto wrote:Most of his problems are in his head - which is why he will very probably never be a truly great player. I still haven't forgotten Pellegrini having to drop a less than subtle hint in a media interview that he would be moved on unless he started making himself available for selection.

I think, unfortunately this is what many of us will remember about the lad. For a manager to say what Pellegrini did is almost unprecedented, particularly given Pellegrini's non-confrontational style. It really hinted that something was badly wrong.

Added to that is his style of play, which I think someone else has already summed up, in that he's clearly a talented player, but not actually good enough in any one position to warrant a place in the first 11.

I hope he goes on to be successful back in Italy
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 25, 2015 12:04 pm

He is going to Milan.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues