Jovetic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jovetic

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:21 am

Dubciteh wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:It looks like there is a compulsory buy clause in the deal with Inter. He will cost them around £14.5m with £2m in add ons and 20% of any future sale. If that is right then it's not too bad a deal for the likes of him.

euros or pounds? if pounds we are laughing if euro its not great.

Pounds sterling. It isn't a bad deal.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby blues2win » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Video of Jovetic arriving at Milan airport but will he pass the medical. Was that a slight limp I saw? Just joking I hope.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:It looks like there is a compulsory buy clause in the deal with Inter. He will cost them around £14.5m with £2m in add ons and 20% of any future sale. If that is right then it's not too bad a deal for the likes of him.

That, if true, is a top deal. Though what I don't get is this new thing for a loan with an obligation to buy or as is named here, compulsory buy clause. If a team has to buy a player in a year, why not buy him now? I understand Negredos deal was to allow the investment in Valencia to come through, but Inter? What are the conditions for the deal not to go through if it's compulsory? Injury springs to mind but then we have an injured player on our books who may be difficult to sell. Poor form, that for me is tough shit on the buying club. Why should we wait a year for our money?

Imagine rocking up to Currys to buy a new TV and saying I'll have it on loan for a year then pay you next year, but if I change my mind then I won't pay you? The sales assistant would basically tell you to fuck off
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:00 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

That, if true, is a top deal. Though what I don't get is this new thing for a loan with an obligation to buy or as is named here, compulsory buy clause. If a team has to buy a player in a year, why not buy him now? I understand Negredos deal was to allow the investment in Valencia to come through, but Inter? What are the conditions for the deal not to go through if it's compulsory? Injury springs to mind but then we have an injured player on our books who may be difficult to sell. Poor form, that for me is tough shit on the buying club. Why should we wait a year for our money?

Imagine rocking up to Currys to buy a new TV and saying I'll have it on loan for a year then pay you next year, but if I change my mind then I won't pay you? The sales assistant would basically tell you to fuck off

I think the club that loans the player, in a deal where there is an obligation to buy, takes all the risks. Negrado did nothing when he went back to Spain but they still had to buy him. In the Jovetic deal, Inter won't need to pay the actual transfer fee until the loan is up in two years. I don't know the rationale behind this. It is the latest reported deal structure but we may learn more when he signs.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:10 pm

john@staustell wrote:Jovetic doesn't really conform to any style of play or system. He just goes out there, runs around a lot, tries to play a one two every time and shoots at goal, to greater or lesser effect. He reminds me of Tevez in that way but Tevez is hard as nails and far more effectiveI But Tevez doesn't do what you tell him either, just goes out there and plays. I think this non-conformity is why he was left out

Even if Jovetic had always been fit & available to play, I think the major problem Jovetic had with performing for City is that he wasn't a prolific enough goalscorer & assistant, to replace Aguero, Dzeko, Bony, Silva & Nasri.
City needed Jovetic to score more goals like he did early season last season, by running past the defenders, at the top of the box and to be a striker.

However, if you watch clips of Jovetic playing for Fiorentina and James Milner playing for Aston Villa, they both mainly played as central attacking midfielders, in exactly the same space as where David Silva plays for City. When playing for City, both Jovetic and Milner wanted to be the central creative playmaker... Unfortunately for them, they were both constantly vying for space with one of the best creative playmakers in the world, David Silva! When Silva was off the pitch, Jovetic & Milner were then competing with Yaya & Nasri, for the central playmaker role!

If anyone can help Jovetic, I think Mancini is the right coach for him and Italy is the best country to get his career back on track.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Inter are in the middle of being fucked for FFP, Mancini has already said it would be a problem for them this summer.

Simple as that I would have thought. Good deal for us, and suggests that we're not all that arsed about balancing the books this summer if we do make another big signing.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ruralblue » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:[quote="South Stand.

Imagine rocking up to Currys to buy a new TV and saying I'll have it on loan for a year then pay you next year, but if I change my mind then I won't pay you? The sales assistant would basically tell you to fuck off[/quote]

That happens though albeit usually the DFS buy your sofa now pay for it in twelve months. Maybe currys have a simular deal on t.v.'s and Inter are doing the same just in case of any breakdowns.

They may even request a three year extended warranty on him!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:17 pm

ruralblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

That happens though albeit usually the DFS buy your sofa now pay for it in twelve months. Maybe currys have a simular deal on t.v.'s and Inter are doing the same just in case of any breakdowns.

They may even request a three year extended warranty on him![/quote]
This is all hypothetical - they don't tell you to fuck off in Currys no matter what you do. Primark may do that or or in a market.
South Stand Balti

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:18 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

I think the club that loans the player, in a deal where there is an obligation to buy, takes all the risks. Negrado did nothing when he went back to Spain but they still had to buy him. In the Jovetic deal, Inter won't need to pay the actual transfer fee until the loan is up in two years. I don't know the rationale behind this. It is the latest reported deal structure but we may learn more when he signs.

Plus, isnt it this?:

Inter doesnt have to pay the large fee for a few seasons, which they want.
But we get to count the obligatory fee against our books now, which is good for us
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:42 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

They may even request a three year extended warranty on him!

This is all hypothetical - they don't tell you to fuck off in Currys no matter what you do. Primark may do that or or in a market.[/quote]
But my point is that a loan with an option to buy can be wriggled out of, whereas a deal at DFS or Currys with a buy now pay later option cannot be negotiated.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:42 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I think the club that loans the player, in a deal where there is an obligation to buy, takes all the risks. Negrado did nothing when he went back to Spain but they still had to buy him. In the Jovetic deal, Inter won't need to pay the actual transfer fee until the loan is up in two years. I don't know the rationale behind this. It is the latest reported deal structure but we may learn more when he signs.

It could be a way of the selling club avoiding paying a 'loyalty' fee to a player who doesn't want to sign officially to another team for lower wages until his current contract runs out - so he gets loaned out on his current wages for however many seasons he has left with a legal clause that the other club has to buy him for an agreed price at the end of it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:03 pm

I couldn't quite hear what the count was saying, but radio in the UAE played an interview earlier with the headline that pellegrini said he had no choice but to get rid of jovetic because of his injury situation.

Pretty unusual straight talking from the count if true.

On a related note, having moved to UAE, I love the fact that the sports news almost seems to be exclusively about City on the radio, and there's simple reporting of the facts of a story like the sterling signing, no bullshit, no agenda and no snide digs from the newsreader (who would probably go to prison forever if he did!)
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wooders » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Fucking he signed TWO years ago!! I really thought it only been a year, says it all really
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:48 pm

Well that's the medical passed. I always thought he wasn't really injured.
South Stand Balti

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:13 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Well that's the medical passed. I always thought he wasn't really injured.

If Roque Santa Cruz passed one, it was never in doubt Jovetic would.
Blue Blood

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:18 pm

1 spaz down, 2 to go...

(be honest, who is going to continue following him on instagram?)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:14 am

Jovetic posted a classy farewell on his Instagram account...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/class ... instagram/?

Best wishes for success to Jovetic and Mancini, at Inter...
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:03 am

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. After all, Mancini is hardly the type to accept the injury stuff, Jovetic will be dead to Mancini for 90% of the season if Jovetic carries on the way we all believe he did with us.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:25 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. After all, Mancini is hardly the type to accept the injury stuff, Jovetic will be dead to Mancini for 90% of the season if Jovetic carries on the way we all believe he did with us.

Spartacus, with Mancini's style of direct coaching and careful choice of physios, I expect that Jovetic might return to scoring, at least a dozen goals and assists. After all, Jovetic is so much better suited to Italian football. At Inter, there are currently 5 Balkan players, to make him feel right at home. Even with a lack of funds available at Inter, Mancini is also hoping to lure Gael Clichy there.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:55 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. After all, Mancini is hardly the type to accept the injury stuff, Jovetic will be dead to Mancini for 90% of the season if Jovetic carries on the way we all believe he did with us.

He pissed Bellers off who is a 110% kind of player. Jovetic will likely be crying into his millions 6 weeks into the season.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum