Jovetic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jovetic

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:24 am

When Sergio was injured, i do not recall him posting pics on Instagram with his naked torso or showing off. Remember when we won the title with WHU and Sergio was crying because he could not score against them?

Sergio is a pro, Jovetic is a joke.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:03 pm

PeterParker wrote:When Sergio was injured, i do not recall him posting pics on Instagram with his naked torso or showing off. Remember when we won the title with WHU and Sergio was crying because he could not score against them?

Sergio is a pro, Jovetic is a joke.

Joke-tic yes that's him, couldn't remember his name hadn't seen him in such a long time. Its a pity though, the lad did have promise, and he still does have talent, although as soft as shyte......
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:42 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I really don't like Jovetic. He has bags of potential, but he's injured all the fucking time. And when he does play, he seems to try to (over)compensate and squeeze all of his abilities into every fucking move, which results in him running in to walls, passing the ball to no one, or shooting it into the stands.

He's probably a great bloke, but wasting talent like that really gets to me. I would give both my balls and an arm to be that talented, and I can assure you that I wouldn't have been content with being an "almost top player".

That's why I always rate Sun, Dunne, Milner or even fucking Cattermole (taking off the City specs) higher than Jovetic and the like of him. It's all about the attitude.

Your saying he needs to drink more alcohol ?

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/local ... an-3667535

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... es-3331877

I didn't know he was a pisshead. But I was obviously talking about giving your all on the pitch (and actually making it onto it).

I didn't know he was STILL a pisshead. Fucking funny. Sad I missed that when it originally trotted out.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:57 pm

i have a terrible feeling we're gonna be saddled with him until his contract runs out.
who would buy him when he gets injured every time he steps on the pitch and sometimes before he even does that?…which begs the question why we overlooked that fact when scouting him.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I really don't like Jovetic. He has bags of potential, but he's injured all the fucking time. And when he does play, he seems to try to (over)compensate and squeeze all of his abilities into every fucking move, which results in him running in to walls, passing the ball to no one, or shooting it into the stands.

He's probably a great bloke, but wasting talent like that really gets to me. I would give both my balls and an arm to be that talented, and I can assure you that I wouldn't have been content with being an "almost top player".

That's why I always rate Sun, Dunne, Milner or even fucking Cattermole (taking off the City specs) higher than Jovetic and the like of him. It's all about the attitude.

Your saying he needs to drink more alcohol ?

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/local ... an-3667535

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... es-3331877

I didn't know he was a pisshead. But I was obviously talking about giving your all on the pitch (and actually making it onto it).

I didn't know he was STILL a pisshead. Fucking funny. Sad I missed that when it originally trotted out.

Cheers

I meant Cattermole. Didn't know he was a pisshead.
But, yeah I was also unaware of Dunne still being on the sauce.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:31 pm

phips wrote:i have a terrible feeling we're gonna be saddled with him until his contract runs out.
who would buy him when he gets injured every time he steps on the pitch and sometimes before he even does that?…which begs the question why we overlooked that fact when scouting him.

Because it wasn't a fact when we were scouting him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Clowncrete » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:i have a terrible feeling we're gonna be saddled with him until his contract runs out.

He missed an entire season due to injury in the past.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

He missed an entire season due to injury in the past.

Yep, did his cruciate and then was almost an ever present in Fiorentina's team for the two seasons following that with the odd muscle injury here and there but nothing that would set alarm bells ringing.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Bleed_Blue » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:14 am

Jovetic is joining the Serie A side Intern Milan on a 12-month loan deal for a €3 million fee.

Inter will then be legally obligated to purchase Jovetic in a permanent transfer for €13m in July 2016, with City receiving a further €2.8m if Roberto Mancini's side qualify for the Champions League.

Mancini, meanwhile, confirmed to Corriere dello Sport on Tuesday that Jovetic is a transfer target as the Serie A club look to add to their attacking options for the 2015-16 season.

He said: "We really need an attacker because we only have two players up front at the moment.

"I already tried to sign Jovetic in my last season with Manchester City but he arrived when I was gone. He can play as a focal point or as a support striker but could also feature on the wings."

And now the Inter boss has got his man, with the Italian giants willing to match Jovetic's £90,000-a-week (€127,000) wages in a move that will see him return to Serie A.

My favorite sick player of all time, I really wanted to see him play after glimpses of talent he showed. Technically he was very different from the players we have, seems like it was never meant to be. Wish him best of luck and hope doesnt come back bitching.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:07 am

So £11 million for the loan fee + transfer fee + £2 million in possible add ons.

Meanwhile Mourinho talking trash about KDB...sounds like he's scared if you ask me.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -wolfsburg

What Jose seems to not realise or is afraid too, is that Manuel is a different type of manager and that in itself has an effect on players' performance on the pitch that he cannot. This seems likely also indicative of why the two don't get along too well, and what is behind his attempt to play mind games.

We have a holistic manager, they have a strictly tough love manager. Some traditionalists may say the former is lesser than the latter, but ask again then why we won the title and league cup in Pellegrini's first season? Because he was too soft? Funny because we also have heard players say that if you don't step up under Pellers he will raise his voice and be quite firm. You can't be too soft and make it so far in professional sport. It makes no sense.

I suspect Du Bruyne, if he joins, will have a point to prove, as will Raheem, and that in itself is something we have found to work under Pellegrini after Mancini's last season. Actually, I think it could be a deliberate pattern identified as what worked in Pellers' first season. Now, the next season after this will be a different situation, but we may have a different manager then, or not, and can afford to take that risk to retain the title. It's clearly worth it.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:23 am

I think any club who guarantees any fucking player (apart from Messi and the Tranny ) a starting place is madness.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:04 pm

According to out friends at Sky, Jovetic is going to Inter on a two year loan deal with an option to buy. If they don't buy then he will have a year left with us apparently.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:18 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:According to out friends at Sky, Jovetic is going to Inter on a two year loan deal with an option to buy. If they don't buy then he will have a year left with us apparently.

As long as he fucks off. Job done. Plus my Instagram will get 1000% more hetero with one click.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:36 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:According to out friends at Sky, Jovetic is going to Inter on a two year loan deal with an option to buy. If they don't buy then he will have a year left with us apparently.

I'd sooner keep him than give him away like that. Shit deal
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:

He's a footballer not a souvenir mug. He needs to play some football. What makes you think he would do that?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

He's a footballer not a souvenir mug. He needs to play some football. What makes you think he would do that?

Cheers

He has quality and maybe his injuries will clear up next season. If they did he would be a useful part of the squad. What's the betting he has an injury free season and scores well? If we want rid it should be a permanent transfer with a fee to match. We are not a charity
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:

That is a terrible deal, even if Inter pay some portion of his wages (prob a tiny amount though too)
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

That is a terrible deal, even if Inter pay some portion of his wages (prob a tiny amount though too)

Put down the crack pipe. It's not a bad story.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:08 pm

I hate City doing business with any Seria A side it's always a one way street we never get a good deal out of it.If he wasn't such a hypochondriac twat we might actually get a decent fee for him with all the talent he has.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:07 pm

At least he was better than Bojinov!

Shite deal but we always get robbed esp from the Italians so no shock...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum