Frank Lampard appreciation thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Frank Lampard appreciation thread

Postby Slim » Sun May 24, 2015 3:50 pm

So amazed by him throughout his career. Best memory was one where he destroyed city. We ended up losing 5-0 and lampard ran the whole show for 90 minutes. At times it seemed as though we didn't have a midfield as he seemed to have all the time in the world.

Also scoring against Chelsea for us, fantastic servant of the game and amazing goalscoring record from midfield.

Thanks frank, good luck with NYCFC.
Last edited by Slim on Sun May 24, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: Frank Lampard appreciation thread

Postby Mase » Sun May 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Why don't you start a thread when there's already a Lampard one further down?

He's going to the Galaxy?
Last edited by Mase on Sun May 24, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Slim wrote:So amazed by him throughout his career. Best memory was one where he destroyed city. We ended up losing 5-0 and lampard ran the whole show for 90 minutes. At times it seemed as though we didn't have a midfield as he seemed to have all the time in the world.

Also scoring against Chelsea for us, fantastic servant of the game and amazing goalscoring record from midfield.

Thanks frank, good luck with the Galaxy.

The Galaxy?

Top professional who for me is the best midfielder in recent history. 200 goals is an achievement most forwards don't get close to. Rarely injured, a real team player and seems a very likeable fella.

Good luck in New York. Start spreading the (City) news
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 24, 2015 3:56 pm

When I first heard he was coming here I thought he was just accepting the cheques for a few months to furnish his New York home - but I've never been happier to be wrong. I'm going to miss him really.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 24, 2015 3:56 pm

I think Slim's drunk !
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Sun May 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Oh right, who's off to the Galaxy? Oh fuck me its starfish. I've been bombarded with that fucking prick this last week, brainwashing complete.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Green & Blue » Sun May 24, 2015 4:01 pm

Well that turned out to be a shrewd bit of business, a fantastic player and pro.Going to miss Frank but happy he's going to New York City, they look like they need his help and fast.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 24, 2015 4:04 pm

Don't know what his plans are after the end of his football career but I wonder if he'll stay as part of the City group in a coaching role.

It would be a shame to see his midfield skills being lost to the game.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Sun May 24, 2015 4:06 pm

Original Dub wrote:I think Slim's drunk !

izzzz normals.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bobby brows » Sun May 24, 2015 8:00 pm

Always secretly admired him. However I think in my first preview I predicted he'd never play for us.

So glad to be wrong. City were class acts today and did it the right way.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:19 pm

A much better send off for him, scoring and us winning. 6 on the trot now. Compared to poor old Stevie G. Lost on his home farewell. Trashed today, although he scored. Liverpool looking like they are in tatters.
Farewell Frank. Thanks for your contribution. A player I would have liked at the club a few years earlier.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Sun May 24, 2015 8:24 pm

For many many years Frank Lampard was in everyones fantasy football team. No bigger compliment on what everyone thought about him.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:26 pm

Just watching the sport round up on the BBC news. She says there were a number of farewells in the football. Shows Drogba at Chelsea shows Newcastle delighted and Hull in tears and then says, but it wasn't a great farewell for Stevie Gerrard etc etc. Not a mention of Frank. Am I the only one who finds that odd. I really thought he was well respected in England and the English media. It was a big deal for him today and not a whisper about it.
Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Mon May 25, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun May 24, 2015 9:34 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Just watching the sport round up on the BBC news. She says there were a number if farewells in the football. Shows Drogba at Chelsea shows Newcastle delighted and Hull in tears and then says, but it wasn't a great farewell for Stevie Gerrard etc etc. Not a mention of Frank. Am I the only one who finds that odd. I really thought he was well respected in England and the English media. It was a big deal for him today and not a whisper about it.

I did nt see any tribute to Sergio or Joe Hart either. I did nt see any tribute to these on sky or the Beeb.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Sun May 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Thanks fat Frank, it's been emotional.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 25, 2015 2:12 am

He is ultra-professional and respected by proper fans. There are very few players you can say that about.

Cheers, Frank, and thank you.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 25, 2015 5:34 am

I thought City did well by him. But I couldn't help feeling all that should have been done at Chelsea. They let him down leaving him to come to us.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 25, 2015 6:13 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I thought City did well by him. But I couldn't help feeling all that should have been done at Chelsea. They let him down leaving him to come to us.

The final decision to leave Chelsea was made after the season had ended, and remember they thought he was going to the MLS for game time, whereas in fact he came and warmed the bench for us, probably on similar money he was on at Chelsea (which they most likely refused to pay on a contract extension given his diminishing status)

Chelsea used his wages to pay Fabregas who weighed in with a prodigious number of assists. They won the league. Letting him go was the right thing for Chelsea FC in my personal opinion.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:46 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I thought City did well by him. But I couldn't help feeling all that should have been done at Chelsea. They let him down leaving him to come to us.

The final decision to leave Chelsea was made after the season had ended, and remember they thought he was going to the MLS for game time, whereas in fact he came and warmed the bench for us, probably on similar money he was on at Chelsea (which they most likely refused to pay on a contract extension given his diminishing status)

Chelsea used his wages to pay Fabregas who weighed in with a prodigious number of assists. They won the league. Letting him go was the right thing for Chelsea FC in my personal opinion.

No doubt, and no slight on Chelsea either. They loved him there and I would say, given the chance they would have made a bigger deal about him going than Drogba got yesterday. I'm glad City made a day of it for him though. Don't want to be too unkind to Gerrard either, but the comparisons are always there. There just always seems to be so much made of him leaving (without a league medal, again). whereas Frank had won it all in Club football, scored more, made more assists and with a lot less fuss. At least he got a mention on MOTD although City's game was way down the billing.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 25, 2015 10:59 am

Reading the press this morning you wouldn't know Lampard had played his last game in England. Barely a mention. The cynic in me would suggest this is down to the club he bowed out with. If he was still at Chelsea, undoubtedly the fanfare would have been there for all to see.

No mention of Joe getting a record fourth Golden Glove, Kun was barely recognised for being leading scorer and even Newcastles great escape was second billing to the dippers loss
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum