FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Postby dick dastardley » Fri May 29, 2015 6:16 pm

Why do the smaller countries get as many votes as the bigger footballing nations? Its rotten to the core blatter and his cronies need locking up
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blues2win » Fri May 29, 2015 6:21 pm

The major European football nations should boycott the next World Cup unless Blatter goes and the 2018/22 votes are redone. They won't of course. Platini will bottle it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Green & Blue » Fri May 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Why am I not surprised?
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri May 29, 2015 7:18 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Why do the smaller countries get as many votes as the bigger footballing nations? Its rotten to the core blatter and his cronies need locking up

For exactly the same reason that MPs from poorer constituencies get the same number of votes as MPs from richer constituencies in UK politics.

The issue isn't the democratic system, but the fact that FIFA is set up to essentially bribe the smaller nations in order to win their votes. A few million Euros from FIFA's slush fund is enough to essentially buy the votes of 30+ states, which is literally small change for an organisation with over a billion in the bank. More transparency is needed as to how and why this money is spent, and its allocation should be entirely independent of the motivations of FIFA's central committee, in my opinion.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 29, 2015 7:23 pm

zuricity wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
zuricity wrote:The US are going back 24 years with their investigations.

Before this method of World cup placement was introduced by Blatter and his cronies ( ie one time Africa, next Europe , next north America and so on).

In Europe , there was an apparent gentleman's agreement to allow the main players , ie Germany , France ,Italy, Spain and England, to rotate the World cup.

When it was England's time, Germany trumped England and were awarded the World Cup ahead of schedule ( ie England 66, Germany 72) and there was much consternation in England at losing out.

It would be interesting to know if the US investigations ,or any investigation brought any corruption findings came from that time too.

The U.S. Justice Department wouldn't be looking at that because it has nothing to do with activities that took place in America. Maybe someone in their investigation spoke of it, but that wouldn't hold any legal standing from their point of view.

What are you talking about? If they find evidence of US companies bribing politicians / fifa executives etc for things related to the world cup in Germany some years ago, for example . You bet they will go after the parties involved. It is not so much about being on US soil , but with US entities involved.

Sorry, I was referring to the "gentleman's agreement" you speak of with the "main players" of which the U.S. is not involved. However, if U.S. companies or any company that uses the U.S. financial system was involved in bribery, yes they would be at risk for prosecution, as I am understanding things.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 29, 2015 7:45 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:Why do the smaller countries get as many votes as the bigger footballing nations? Its rotten to the core blatter and his cronies need locking up

For exactly the same reason that MPs from poorer constituencies get the same number of votes as MPs from richer constituencies in UK politics.

The issue isn't the democratic system, but the fact that FIFA is set up to essentially bribe the smaller nations in order to win their votes. A few million Euros from FIFA's slush fund is enough to essentially buy the votes of 30+ states, which is literally small change for an organisation with over a billion in the bank. More transparency is needed as to how and why this money is spent, and its allocation should be entirely independent of the motivations of FIFA's central committee, in my opinion.

A few million, it doesn't take that much for a team that would never make even a confederate game. When you're offered a 100 grand that can be distributed between tour family, are you gonna complain?

Septic Bladder knew how to do it, but that's not how this works, it's about how he developed the system.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 29, 2015 7:47 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

Absolutely spot on BiB

FIFA made $4.8 Billion from Brazil 14, spending a few million in Nigeria or Vanuatu ain't going break the bank & you can bet your bottom dollar that what gets built from those FIFA donations Nigeria etc doesn't all get spent building pitches etc. Yet those countries FA's are grateful by voting for blatter as he will turn a blind eye as to real costs of what gets built from said donations
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 29, 2015 7:56 pm

Noses still well within the trough, the dirty bastards!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:20 pm

PrezIke wrote:So much for that...

Blatter for the win

Yes, but he did explain afterwards that they had to go ahead with the election, as the votes were already paid for.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri May 29, 2015 8:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

A few million, it doesn't take that much for a team that would never make even a confederate game. When you're offered a 100 grand that can be distributed between tour family, are you gonna complain?

Septic Bladder knew how to do it, but that's not how this works, it's about how he developed the system.

I meant a few million to buy 30+ votes, not a few million per vote.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 29, 2015 8:33 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

I meant a few million to buy 30+ votes, not a few million per vote.

I know mate, I used your post just as UEFA would!

CHEEKY BASTARDS ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Fri May 29, 2015 8:43 pm

Fifa 2016 to include women's teams when it's released......Sepp keeping his presidency!

Just saying.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Hazy2 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:40 pm

The other end of the scale over 4,000 at the opening of the scum 2. Fair play to them.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 29, 2015 9:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:Blatter wins as the other candidate withdraws after first ballot.

This stinks to high heaven

He never had the votes.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby omega » Fri May 29, 2015 10:21 pm

Love the stance from Uefa..more corrupt than any fooker,deflecting bullets.
omega
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Nasri

Postby sheblue » Fri May 29, 2015 10:32 pm

Looks like we will have to wait for this corrupt old fucker to die before we get rid of him.
Shocking stuff. Major nations should pull out of the World Cup.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 29, 2015 10:32 pm

Wonder if the English FA will follow the lead set by their Scottish counterparts

and boycott the next world cup
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Sat May 30, 2015 1:21 am

nottsblue wrote:Wonder if the English FA will follow the lead set by their Scottish counterparts

I expect Wales, NI and Ireland to show their support by not attending as well.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Sat May 30, 2015 7:22 am

Slim wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Wonder if the English FA will follow the lead set by their Scottish counterparts

I expect Wales, NI and Ireland to show their support by not attending as well.

England also appear to have been protesting against something for over 45 years.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat May 30, 2015 8:15 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff