FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Postby Hazy2 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:23 am

Chuck Blazer, he did ! And some?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 28, 2015 2:31 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see those parasites in some godforsaken US jail, but what I don't get is what right have the US courts got over foreign citizens committing crimes in foreign countries. Presumably they can only go for those that broke US laws where the US has jurisdiction: do they have jurisdiction in Switzerland?

It's illegal to drink alcohol in Saudi Arabia, could I be extradited over there because I drank beer in the UK?

Maybe I've missed something.

Their focus at the moment appears to be related to breaches of US corporate law involving US headquartered companies.

If they find evidence that whole tournament voting processes were rigged, I expect they will have some recourse to the ICC or some other jurisdiction perhaps where the crimes were committed but that doesn't appear to be their primary concern currently
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby beaversforgoalposts » Thu May 28, 2015 5:38 am

How on earth could a man who looked like this ever become one of the most influential people in world football?

He wouldn't look out of place as Father Christmas at Longsight Market
beaversforgoalposts
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Blue Oli » Thu May 28, 2015 6:00 am

zuricity wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:The FBI currently holding a presser & the inland rev guy, has clearly been waiting months for his moment in the limelight..............

FBI's Fifa news conference
Posted at 16:02

Richard Webb, Inland Revenue System Criminal Investigation division: "To date more than $151m has been identified. We exposed complex money laundering schemes and discovered tens of millions of dollars hidden away in off-shore accounts.

"This is the World Cup of fraud and today we are issuing Fifa a red card."

The thing is , it is well known that the spy agencies over in USAland land, have been taking copies of SWIFT documents for years . Furthermore , Switzerland moved to have its own SWIFT data delivered from a home base and not through Belgium where the SWIFT systems are still based. So since, i think, 2008 /9 SWIFT payments for Switzerland go through , ( for the most part) SWIFT in Switzerland.

Now, if the authorities in USALand land want information from Europe ( inc Switzerland) they have to ask for it ( if they haven't already taken further copies of copes from big blue systems !).

Some years ago (2001 ), i assisted in designing a new and massive Bank system for a bank. Having been involved in the systems controlling Financial instruments system development previously, i had to listen to a lot of Business Analysts waffle on about encrypting the Financial instrument keys in the databases so that no insider could get information about deals. I had to laugh out loud after some hours of shaking my head in disbelieve.
This is because SWIFT documents data is not encrypted. ( the entire message might be for transmission, ). So just looking at a SWIFT file you can see numbers etc. Internal encryption is no good if people can look at the external data to be sent ( which is not encrypted normally , but encrypted when sent).

Of course a thing called RACF stops a lot of access ( mainframe, each smaller server has other types of access control).

Even systems like GUARDIAM and SIEM controls are full of holes.

So now that the authorities have taken Bank information from the FIFA head offices today, those Mainframe backups of SWIFT data , over in USAland land,
HSM mig 2 level should be getting dusted off and finally reused. ( if they haven't already become obsolete and lost date through aging).

The Swiss authorities have easy access to Bank information ( in Switzerland).

Mind you , it would be quite a task to work out where Grumpy gets paid. Probably he is paid in cash.

This isn't 100% correct - the payments can be processed anywhere for Swiss transactions all that matters is the client name and address is striped out of the payment - one of my teams looks after this for a major European bank. It still fully traceable by ID reference numbers.
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu May 28, 2015 8:16 am

beaversforgoalposts wrote:Image

How on earth could a man who looked like this ever become one of the most influential people in world football?

Bet he took his payments in the form of pork pies the fat fuck
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu May 28, 2015 8:22 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:

Bet he took his payments in the form of pork pies the fat fuck

Served with chips and dumplings.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:45 am

Jaysus. Maradonna has let himself go.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 28, 2015 12:12 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see those parasites in some godforsaken US jail, but what I don't get is what right have the US courts got over foreign citizens committing crimes in foreign countries. Presumably they can only go for those that broke US laws where the US has jurisdiction: do they have jurisdiction in Switzerland?

It's illegal to drink alcohol in Saudi Arabia, could I be extradited over there because I drank beer in the UK?

Their focus at the moment appears to be related to breaches of US corporate law involving US headquartered companies.

If they find evidence that whole tournament voting processes were rigged, I expect they will have some recourse to the ICC or some other jurisdiction perhaps where the crimes were committed but that doesn't appear to be their primary concern currently

Its not US companies at all...its people who've used our financial system or have had actual meetings here in the US where the bribes were negotiated.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Blue Oli » Thu May 28, 2015 12:25 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Its not US companies at all...its people who've used our financial system or have had actual meetings here in the US where the bribes were negotiated.

Cheers

Basically anything that touched the US or a US entity such as a bank, an ISP, Christ if they even searched for a higher interest rate in the Cayman isles they can pull you - in this case quite fucklin right too
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Dameerto » Thu May 28, 2015 1:36 pm

City64 wrote:Be good if David Gill gets arrested ......

just sayin

Gill is a story in himself - exactly how he came to get into this current position and why the favourite candidate from Portugal decided to step out of the running. It's almost as if a rather large (they would claim largest) football club had made a seemingly crazy purchase of a Portuguese player (where third party ownership is legal) around that same time for well above his true value just so they could move funds into the country and either have it drop off the radar or direct it via third party ownership to a certain person to influence his decision to stand down.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 28, 2015 1:47 pm

Dameerto wrote:

just sayin

Gill is a story in himself - exactly how he came to get into this current position and why the favourite candidate from Portugal decided to step out of the running. It's almost as if a rather large (they would claim largest) football club had made a seemingly crazy purchase of a Portuguese player (where third party ownership is legal) around that same time for well above his true value just so they could move funds into the country and either have it drop off the radar or direct it via third party ownership to a certain person to influence his decision to stand down.

I hadn't heard that the two were linked. Obviously the Bebe deal stunk, absolutely stunk that someone was getting a bung somewhere along the lines, but I never put 2+2 together. Is there any foundation in this regarding timelines etc?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Thu May 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

just sayin

I hadn't heard that the two were linked. Obviously the Bebe deal stunk, absolutely stunk that someone was getting a bung somewhere along the lines, but I never put 2+2 together. Is there any foundation in this regarding timelines etc?

I haven't heard anyone other than me linking the two, though I haven't really looked - pure speculation. I just hope I live to see the day when the truth comes out though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

just sayin

I haven't heard anyone other than me linking the two, though I haven't really looked - pure speculation. I just hope I live to see the day when the truth comes out though.

Well you're as reliable a source as The Sun is. It must be true. Wait until Chuck Blazer, World famous, secret agent, gets wind of this. Gill is fucked.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

just sayin

You'll have to outlive Whoregay Mendes. He makes FIFA look like pussycats.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu May 28, 2015 3:35 pm

'Fifa president Sepp Blatter says he cannot be held responsible for corruption scandal, says trust must be won back'

Anyone surprised?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:'Fifa president Sepp Blatter says he cannot be held responsible for corruption scandal, says trust must be won back'

Anyone surprised?

He's probably right. I'm sure he has it enshrined in the FIFA rules somewhere.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 28, 2015 3:54 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:'Fifa president Sepp Blatter says he cannot be held responsible for corruption scandal, says trust must be won back'

Anyone surprised?

He's probably right. I'm sure he has it enshrined in the FIFA rules somewhere.

He is the three wise monkeys all rolled into one......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 28, 2015 4:32 pm

I'm sure our Jo purchase wasn't money laundering either. Ahem.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Thu May 28, 2015 4:56 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I'm sure our Jo purchase wasn't money laundering either. Ahem.

Cheers

Was Vuoso payment for the club's South American drug shipment then?

Forgot who I was replying to, Vuoso was a player Keegan bought and never played, he has one appearance on the subs bench and didn't make the pitch.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Thu May 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Blue Oli wrote:
zuricity wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:The FBI currently holding a presser & the inland rev guy, has clearly been waiting months for his moment in the limelight..............

FBI's Fifa news conference
Posted at 16:02

Richard Webb, Inland Revenue System Criminal Investigation division: "To date more than $151m has been identified. We exposed complex money laundering schemes and discovered tens of millions of dollars hidden away in off-shore accounts.

"This is the World Cup of fraud and today we are issuing Fifa a red card."

The thing is , it is well known that the spy agencies over in USAland land, have been taking copies of SWIFT documents for years . Furthermore , Switzerland moved to have its own SWIFT data delivered from a home base and not through Belgium where the SWIFT systems are still based. So since, i think, 2008 /9 SWIFT payments for Switzerland go through , ( for the most part) SWIFT in Switzerland.

Now, if the authorities in USALand land want information from Europe ( inc Switzerland) they have to ask for it ( if they haven't already taken further copies of copes from big blue systems !).

Some years ago (2001 ), i assisted in designing a new and massive Bank system for a bank. Having been involved in the systems controlling Financial instruments system development previously, i had to listen to a lot of Business Analysts waffle on about encrypting the Financial instrument keys in the databases so that no insider could get information about deals. I had to laugh out loud after some hours of shaking my head in disbelieve.
This is because SWIFT documents data is not encrypted. ( the entire message might be for transmission, ). So just looking at a SWIFT file you can see numbers etc. Internal encryption is no good if people can look at the external data to be sent ( which is not encrypted normally , but encrypted when sent).

Of course a thing called RACF stops a lot of access ( mainframe, each smaller server has other types of access control).

Even systems like GUARDIAM and SIEM controls are full of holes.

So now that the authorities have taken Bank information from the FIFA head offices today, those Mainframe backups of SWIFT data , over in USAland land,
HSM mig 2 level should be getting dusted off and finally reused. ( if they haven't already become obsolete and lost date through aging).

The Swiss authorities have easy access to Bank information ( in Switzerland).

Mind you , it would be quite a task to work out where Grumpy gets paid. Probably he is paid in cash.

This isn't 100% correct - the payments can be processed anywhere for Swiss transactions all that matters is the client name and address is striped out of the payment - one of my teams looks after this for a major European bank. It still fully traceable by ID reference numbers.

Sorry, i didn't mean to imply that all Swiss transactions would only use swift in Switzerland. Of course, for a variety of reasons other Swift locations are used.I also tried to keep it simple.

My point is that the CIA have been taking copies for years.Whether it could be used as evidence in a court of law( having been inofficially copied) is another issue.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum