FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 27, 2015 7:04 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:Strong suggestions Nike are implicated in the corruption/bribes?

All the corruption started with Nike and Adidas in the 70s.

Seriously guys, buy the original Andrew Jennings book, you will read the whole lot completely open mouthed in disbelief at the shit that has gone on since Adi Dassler took control of the IOC through bribery

Jennings and an Irish journalist, didn't catch his name, on the radio strongly intimating that Adidas are involved.

I read his latest effort a few months back and was a bit disappointed that it was largely a rehash of his old stuff and read like a bitter old man with a vendetta telling tales in school

The original book, "foul" though was a fucking masterpiece and for anyone who hasn't read it, its really worth bringing yourself upto date by doing so, as there's going to be a lot of spin and bollocks coming out through sensationalist and well intentioned media reports from now on, but this book simply lists all the indiscretions all the way from Horst and Adi Dassler (who put blatter in the job he's in now), and chronicles all the mental stuff that's gone on at FIFA over the years, leading upto this

Only after reading it, can you truly appreciate how bent the game really is

Jennings is gonna be the big winner out of all this
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Moses » Wed May 27, 2015 7:14 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Moses wrote:Massive congratulations to the Americans for peruseing this. To be frank they are cleaning up sport the best they can single handledly.
No other country took L Armstrong on, no one took on FIFA. They are the only ones.

Not true. Paul Kimmage and David Walsh, both Irish journalists fought the trench war of exposing doping in cycling for years, long before anyone else.
Kimmage in particular who rode the Tour de France three times campaigned vigorously to expose what was going on and outed Lance Armstrong long before The Americans turned on him, much to his own personal detriment. He was shunned by the rest of the cycling world including our own Stephen Roche, for telling the truth.

Yeah I remember that time that the Irish...did....something. Hold on. What?

Cheers

I'll give you this, the Americans are the only ones doing anything through the courts and are to be commended on it, in fairness, as Moses pointed out. But your own ignorance of the tireless work that Kimmage put into trying to eliminate drugs from sport, not just cycling, is your own problem Doominator.
Slainte.

I am well aware of what the Irish journalists did, and to be fair allegations were made by the French around the time of Armstrongs first TDF victory. My point is that the Yanks are the only ones who stick it through the courts.
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed May 27, 2015 7:22 pm

zuricity wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:The FBI currently holding a presser & the inland rev guy, has clearly been waiting months for his moment in the limelight..............

FBI's Fifa news conference
Posted at 16:02

Richard Webb, Inland Revenue System Criminal Investigation division: "To date more than $151m has been identified. We exposed complex money laundering schemes and discovered tens of millions of dollars hidden away in off-shore accounts.

"This is the World Cup of fraud and today we are issuing Fifa a red card."

The thing is , it is well known that the spy agencies over in USAland land, have been taking copies of SWIFT documents for years . Furthermore , Switzerland moved to have its own SWIFT data delivered from a home base and not through Belgium where the SWIFT systems are still based. So since, i think, 2008 /9 SWIFT payments for Switzerland go through , ( for the most part) SWIFT in Switzerland.

Now, if the authorities in USALand land want information from Europe ( inc Switzerland) they have to ask for it ( if they haven't already taken further copies of copes from big blue systems !).

Some years ago (2001 ), i assisted in designing a new and massive Bank system for a bank. Having been involved in the systems controlling Financial instruments system development previously, i had to listen to a lot of Business Analysts waffle on about encrypting the Financial instrument keys in the databases so that no insider could get information about deals. I had to laugh out loud after some hours of shaking my head in disbelieve.
This is because SWIFT documents data is not encrypted. ( the entire message might be for transmission, ). So just looking at a SWIFT file you can see numbers etc. Internal encryption is no good if people can look at the external data to be sent ( which is not encrypted normally , but encrypted when sent).

Of course a thing called RACF stops a lot of access ( mainframe, each smaller server has other types of access control).

Even systems like GUARDIAM and SIEM controls are full of holes.

So now that the authorities have taken Bank information from the FIFA head offices today, those Mainframe backups of SWIFT data , over in USAland land,
HSM mig 2 level should be getting dusted off and finally reused. ( if they haven't already become obsolete and lost date through aging).

The Swiss authorities have easy access to Bank information ( in Switzerland).

Mind you , it would be quite a task to work out where Grumpy gets paid. Probably he is paid in cash.

bet you're a barrel of laughs down at the pub... ;-)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Wed May 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
zuricity wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:The FBI currently holding a presser & the inland rev guy, has clearly been waiting months for his moment in the limelight..............

FBI's Fifa news conference
Posted at 16:02

Richard Webb, Inland Revenue System Criminal Investigation division: "To date more than $151m has been identified. We exposed complex money laundering schemes and discovered tens of millions of dollars hidden away in off-shore accounts.

"This is the World Cup of fraud and today we are issuing Fifa a red card."

The thing is , it is well known that the spy agencies over in USAland land, have been taking copies of SWIFT documents for years . Furthermore , Switzerland moved to have its own SWIFT data delivered from a home base and not through Belgium where the SWIFT systems are still based. So since, i think, 2008 /9 SWIFT payments for Switzerland go through , ( for the most part) SWIFT in Switzerland.

Now, if the authorities in USALand land want information from Europe ( inc Switzerland) they have to ask for it ( if they haven't already taken further copies of copes from big blue systems !).

Some years ago (2001 ), i assisted in designing a new and massive Bank system for a bank. Having been involved in the systems controlling Financial instruments system development previously, i had to listen to a lot of Business Analysts waffle on about encrypting the Financial instrument keys in the databases so that no insider could get information about deals. I had to laugh out loud after some hours of shaking my head in disbelieve.
This is because SWIFT documents data is not encrypted. ( the entire message might be for transmission, ). So just looking at a SWIFT file you can see numbers etc. Internal encryption is no good if people can look at the external data to be sent ( which is not encrypted normally , but encrypted when sent).

Of course a thing called RACF stops a lot of access ( mainframe, each smaller server has other types of access control).

Even systems like GUARDIAM and SIEM controls are full of holes.

So now that the authorities have taken Bank information from the FIFA head offices today, those Mainframe backups of SWIFT data , over in USAland land,
HSM mig 2 level should be getting dusted off and finally reused. (if they haven't already become obsolete and lost date through aging).

The Swiss authorities have easy access to Bank information ( in Switzerland).

Mind you , it would be quite a task to work out where Grumpy gets paid. Probably he is paid in cash.

bet you're a barrel of laughs down at the pub... ;-)

Indeed.... mind , the price of a pint is , well , extortionate in Züri..... so it's no wonder some of the FIFA officials need to stock up their wallet.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Fucking PMSL. I did say after the 2018-22 bids that you don't piss off the Americans, there'll be a back-lash.

Wonderful news, may they all rot in hell. Cunts!

On my birthday as well, nothing makes my day more than an inkling of sorting out what should be a clean sport; the biggest sport in the world.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Fucking PMSL. I did say after the 2018-22 bids that you don't piss off the Americans, there'll be a back-lash.

On my birthday as well, nothing makes my day more than an inkling of sorting out what should be a clean sport; the biggest sport in the world.

Many happy returns Beefy.

Had a good un?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Wed May 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Fucking PMSL. I did say after the 2018-22 bids that you don't piss off the Americans, there'll be a back-lash.

Not sure that's so true Beefy, Some Footballers can . literally , get away with murder in the Courts over there !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 27, 2015 8:07 pm

zuricity wrote:

Not sure that's so true Beefy, Some Footballers can . literally , get away with murder in the Courts over there !

It all depends on how much money you've got and who it's against mate. In this case, it affected the nation, the rest of the world just thought 'Well, what can we do' whereas the good ole US of A took action. Good fucking on them.

They have taken action (after tehe American whistleblower was pulled in) which is more than any of the other cunts have done. The fact that they've been living on the gravy train, and every man and his dog knew, didn't change their ways shows that they have lived a very privileged life.

I fucking hate these cunts with a passion as they set the standards for the rest of the football community and it incenses me that they've been able to get away with it for so long.

It's just the start, they've brought a few in that are starters for the main course, players that have knowledge and they know who will squeal.

I fucking love it!

And thanks for the 'Happy Birthday (above)' note bud, this news has made it a great one; really great ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 27, 2015 8:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Had a good un?

Had a cracker mate. Told work to fuck off, had a golf competition over 27 holes and got a really good crew to go around with. A few beers afterwards, then this, what more can you ask for ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Wed May 27, 2015 8:14 pm

Congrats Beefster!

Just to put it out there: pretty much all sport federations are corrupted to the core. But Fifa, together with the IOC, are of course by far the richest.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 27, 2015 8:25 pm

mr_nool wrote:Congrats Beefster!

Just to put it out there: pretty much all sport federations are corrupted to the core. But Fifa, together with the IOC, are of course by far the richest.

Cheers mate.

And that's it, the whole thing starts at the top level. I deal with an organisation where it's understandable at a lower level and when I see it driven by the top it really riles me. It's been obvious to the world for many a time and it's now good that somebody/org' is now taking action.

Each federation is as bad as each other as they are all complicit, they should all be worried.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 27, 2015 8:30 pm

The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed May 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Many happy returns Beefy.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Had a good un?

Had a cracker mate. Told work to fuck off, had a golf competition over 27 holes and got a really good crew to go around with. A few beers afterwards, then this, what more can you ask for ;-)

Belting
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed May 27, 2015 9:03 pm

I hope the lot of them go down for a loooooooooooooooooooong time.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 27, 2015 9:55 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Moses wrote:Massive congratulations to the Americans for peruseing this. To be frank they are cleaning up sport the best they can single handledly.
No other country took L Armstrong on, no one took on FIFA. They are the only ones.

Not true. Paul Kimmage and David Walsh, both Irish journalists fought the trench war of exposing doping in cycling for years, long before anyone else.
Kimmage in particular who rode the Tour de France three times campaigned vigorously to expose what was going on and outed Lance Armstrong long before The Americans turned on him, much to his own personal detriment. He was shunned by the rest of the cycling world including our own Stephen Roche, for telling the truth.

Cheers

I'll give you this, the Americans are the only ones doing anything through the courts and are to be commended on it, in fairness, as Moses pointed out. But your own ignorance of the tireless work that Kimmage put into trying to eliminate drugs from sport, not just cycling, is your own problem Doominator.
Slainte.

No one over here cares about cycling. The fascination with it started and ended with Armstrong.

It never even started. Armstrong is a douche. Most corrupt sport ever in existence. A fucking joke really.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 27, 2015 10:06 pm

They are doing what Europe hasn't had the balls to do. Top marks. At last these bastarsa will end up in court. Well done to the USA.

I'm going to kill a mockingbird, in their honour.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:11 pm

Moses wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Cheers

Slainte.

I am well aware of what the Irish journalists did, and to be fair allegations were made by the French around the time of Armstrongs first TDF victory. My point is that the Yanks are the only ones who stick it through the courts.

I appreciate that and I did acknowledge that you had said that in answering Doomie. I wasn't inferring ignorance on your part.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu May 28, 2015 12:14 am

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see those parasites in some godforsaken US jail, but what I don't get is what right have the US courts got over foreign citizens committing crimes in foreign countries. Presumably they can only go for those that broke US laws where the US has jurisdiction: do they have jurisdiction in Switzerland?

It's illegal to drink alcohol in Saudi Arabia, could I be extradited over there because I drank beer in the UK?

Maybe I've missed something.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:21 am

^
A lot of it involves CONCACAF which they are affiliated to. It happened in their back yard.
They reckon this is the tip of the Iceberg.
A lot more to come out about this.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum